scars texture dating emotional

134 replies to this topic

#21 bubbles55

bubbles55

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:27 PM

Thank you all for the kind words...I know you are giving me your honest opinion, and I appreciate it.

@bubbles55: At this point, I cannot afford any treatments and I am also nervous to try anything strong like lasers for fear of the acne returning. The little bumps are there sometimes and I had them before so I'm fine with those as long as they don't turn into big cysts. They are usually the last ones to subside once the major cystic acne goes away, so I'm being positive. Scrubs and peels help but I haven't done those recently. I was more worried about the rough texture and scarring.

To the men who answered, this gave me a new perspective....guys are just as insecure sometimes, I have to remember that. I usually assume that if a guy doesn't try hard, it means he doesn't like me and I back off, but maybe I will try a different approach this time.

@lighthousesrule27, I am only wearing a bit of cc cream in this pic, but my inflammation has diminished a lot  (I thank DIM for that). Usually the cc cream helps even out dark patches (I have those under my eyes - another insecurity) and fill in scars a little. You are right, confidence is key! I see so many girls who do not fit the conventional "attractive" mould and yet they are in happy relationships with great guys. All your speculations about this guy seem possible, I guess I'll wait until Saturday to find out what exactly he wants from me....I hope it doesn't end up in the friend zone like a previous date of mine did a while ago.

@krissy990: I know exactly what you mean. I actually posted photos of my face a while ago to ask about my scarring, and I couldn't even get the scarring or whiteheads to show up in the picture. This is literally the only photo I could get of my scars. So it really depends on lighting, that's why I was so worried about meeting this guy in daylight, and unfortunately the second date will be outside in the hot sun in the middle of the afternoon. I'm worried about sweating on top of everything else. 

Based on my experience, online dating is touch and go. You might stumble upon a great guy or you might end up going out with a total jerk. But if you have been having good conversations with this guy, chances are you will hit it off in person as well. I recommend meeting at a place you feel comfortable in the first time and see how it goes. You might realize YOU don't like him, not the other way round - there's always that possibility. But if he wants to meet you and you get a good vibe from him, then go for it. Life is short. Good luck!!!

I think if you shop around to different skin clinics you may find a place that will give you an affordable offer. I paid under $80 dollars for Fraxel restore laser therapy. Prior to that I went to three other clinics for a consultation that wanted to charge upwards of $300 dollars for a single treatment. I depends on where you go.

It did not damage my skin or create new acne lesions, it just helped resurface my skin and smoothed the rough texture and flattened the icepicks. My skin looks more "feminine" now if that makes sense.

#22 CarpeMomentum

CarpeMomentum

Feeling blessed and thankful daily

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:00 AM

Wishclean, you are beautiful!!!  Wow, I am so so sorry you had this experience and your story brought tears to my eyes.  I hope that you don't let this completely deter you from dating because of one person who is not someone you would really want to be with anyways.  In the end we all want someone who will love us despite our flaws. I am not saying you are flawed, because I would give to have your clear skin right now.  Your complexion is good, you don't have any crazy scars or redness.  Remember people read our energy as well, you were not feeling comfortable and maybe that came across.

Either way, I've been in your situation before when I first was single and just started breaking out.  It really hurt my feelings but a few months later I met someone else who understands what I am going through, doesn't care if I have a breakout and I can just be myself with.  That is rare and I am sorry this guy failed you.  Dont' give up, keep your pretty head up and we will help you get your mojo and confidence back.  Sending you lots of love!

Spiro 50 mg

Yasmin

Doxy 100 mg 2 x day

Am and Pm

Cerave Foaming Cleanser

DDF Glycolic toner (LOVE this!!)

Spot treat with Tea Tree Oil

BP- 2.5% or 10%

Cerave PM

Dairy, Gluten, Sugar and Caffeine free.  Boring I know ;)

#23 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Professional Editor & Writer * [Contact me for inquiries]
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:00 PM

Hey there, i did have an old acne.org account here but its been a long time since i logged on and forgot all my details so had to make a new one.

In fact, your post MADE me make a new one just cause i wanted to comment on it.

Your skin is amazing, im sorry but if you think thats bad skin you wouldnt even believe what im dealing with. I would have so much confidence with skin like yours, you look amazing. I know better than most that someone simply telling you this means nothing. And ive got no answers. But your skin looks absolutely fine, no-one is gonna focus on your skin for a second, no-one is gonna double take, nothing. You look like a totally normal person.

Really hope you can go out on more dates and just forget about your skin, you really shoud, you look fab!

good luck 

Hey bubs, wow, glad you decided to rejoin acne.org...thanks so much for commenting and offering your input. I went through severe acne last year, the pics I posted of my skin are nothing compared to what I went through (check my log for progress pics). Don't despair, it does get better. I am healing myself without any medication and it's been a long road that's why I was disappointed that, despite all my efforts, my skin texture still doesn't look perfect. But I'm glad all of you reassured me, I really needed that :)

Wishclean, you are beautiful!!!  Wow, I am so so sorry you had this experience and your story brought tears to my eyes.  I hope that you don't let this completely deter you from dating because of one person who is not someone you would really want to be with anyways.  In the end we all want someone who will love us despite our flaws. I am not saying you are flawed, because I would give to have your clear skin right now.  Your complexion is good, you don't have any crazy scars or redness.  Remember people read our energy as well, you were not feeling comfortable and maybe that came across.

Either way, I've been in your situation before when I first was single and just started breaking out.  It really hurt my feelings but a few months later I met someone else who understands what I am going through, doesn't care if I have a breakout and I can just be myself with.  That is rare and I am sorry this guy failed you.  Dont' give up, keep your pretty head up and we will help you get your mojo and confidence back.  Sending you lots of love!

Thanks for the kind words. I was actually feeling very low when I posted that, I felt rejected personally and professionally...all sorts of rejections came at me this week. But the guy did end up asking me out again, who knows why....I will try to be confident when I meet him tomorrow and hopefully things will work out. I'm glad you found someone you can be yourself with...hopefully I will find that too! xxx

Hello Sweetie, 

I am going to be SUPER SUPER honest with you, and you skin does not look bad at all.

I can understand you insecurities...because I am anal about my skin- but I am 100 percent honest when I say- you look great.

I know how you feel, and don't worry about the guy. I have had many experiences like this too. Some people are just flaky. I could tell you 4 stories I have experienced like that, especially with online dating.

It's 100 % NOT you. 

I am new to this site, I have actually been dealing with problems with my skin that came out of the blue and have been driving me crazy. It has been a roller coaster ride and now it seems I have no more break outs, and I am slowly improving my skin texture. What I am using now seems to be working great. Since you also share the same concern as I do ( texture) Maybe some of these products will be usefull to you?

The one thing that I bought that works absolutely AMAZING is Redmond healing clay, it actually can be eaten as well ...which I don't do, I apply it as a mask. It literally sucks and sucks everything out, its a great skin detox. 

http://www.redmondclay.com/products/

Thats the website. 

Another supplement I came across- which I am convinced has been my GOLD, is THYMEX

Here is that link as well ---- it suppots the Thymus gland, the main gland of the immune system and it even helps people with mrsa

http://www.amazon.co...iews/B0006IIEDQ

Another great supplement,  is Relora - it helps reduce cortisol from stress, and high cortisol can fuel acne 

Also if you are really having a bad skin texture day and you want a saving grace,

this make up- AMAZINGGGG. 

http://www.sephora.c...5?skuId=1097039

Just some things to help, but sweetheart you are beautiful!

stay smiling!

hugs*

Michelle

Hi Michelle, thanks for the recommendations. I am currently taking 2 supplements, and I am a little afraid to change up my routine at the moment but I'll keep your suggestions in mind. The supplements sound very interesting....how long have you been taking them?

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#24 michelle0940

michelle0940

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:46 AM

Hello Wishclean :-

I completely understand about not wanting to switch up your routine, I am the same way. I like to stick with things so I can see them working. The one supplement you should DEFINITELY consider and do some of your own research on is Thymex. I have been taking it for a month now, and this has been the only thing, that has dramatically given me improvement.  I had been to so many doctors, tried so many things. I never had acne in my life, and then a year ago it started, went through different stages. It was so bad I was getting huge carbuncles, and boils it was disgusting. I had gotten tested for Staph, Mrsa, everything under the sun and all my doctors said it was just hormonal. Thymex is basically like taking a vitamin for your Thymus gland which is the main gland of the immune system. So if you feel your acne is due to hormones, or allergies, or thyroid, this works great. http://www.amazon.co...iews/B0006IIEDQ

I was at the peak of frustration because I was sick of having this one disgusting boil thing on my face. Since I have been taking Thmex, I have seen so far an 80 percent improvement in a month and a half. The Aztec clay, is a great mask because it literally pulls out everything, it has the power to just keep sucking and sucking and sucking out things! My skin was a weird. It was just filled with just, I dont even know. It basically always felt like I had my own "skin" clay on my face. LOL I dont know if you know what I mean, but my pores around my cheeks were large and it really bothered me because you are not suppose to have like large pores around your cheeks. The clay helped me get rid of those pores. You can just google aztec clay, healing clay, bentonite clay. Its great stuff. I had been using manuka honey for a while,or sage honey. I mix it up now.

Just tips and some help incase you decide later to try it out! I have basically been really focusing on my own body, and natural elements to heal my skin. I'm convinced the cure to everything is in nature. 

Best wishes to you sweetie! 

I'm glad that man turned out not to be a jerk!!! 

#25 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:20 PM

Ok, I wanted to update this thread. I just went out with the same guy again, and most of you were right. He did like me and was waiting to see if I liked him too. I guess I didn't give him enough signs that I liked him....it really put things into perspective for me. Sometimes I don't let guys see that I like them because I'm worried about getting rejected. Because of that, they sometimes feel rejected too.  Today on the date I was confident even though we were outside in broad daylight and I was trying not to sweat. I saw a lot of girls with flawed skin and that made me feel I wasn't alone, so I tried to have a good time instead. I hope this helps someone in the same position struggling with self-esteem. Do you think that once I get to know him better I can tell him about my skin insecurities, or will he not understand? 

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

#26 BeautifulPerseverance619

BeautifulPerseverance619

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

I think he'll understand.  The fact that he likes you reinforces that.  I think you can now seriously take that big sigh of relief.   Congrats, I hope he's the one for you.

#27 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

Just to echo what a lot of people said, you are beautiful whether or not you have acne, scars, whatever.  Be proud of yourself for putting yourself out there and don't feel bad because things didn't work out - why be with someone who doesn't want to be with you, know what i mean.  We people with acne will always have insecurities about our skin but as someone once told me, bravery is being afraid of doing something and doing it anyway.  Take time to love yourself and try again.  I am insecure 24/7 and i hide it well - haven't even made an attempt to date in a while but i know that i won't find that special person sitting on my sofa. 

There is someone out there for everyone so don't give up

Good luck sistah and keep your head up

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#28 Robertitoo

Robertitoo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:48 AM

you're pretty good looking. i think you need to smile more i'm sure you'll look 10x better. 

you should try dermarolling if your skin really bothers you

#29 Stella the diver

Stella the diver

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 19
About Me

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:35 AM

Honestly, I'd trade my scars for yours anytime!! They're really not as noticeable as you think. I think we'd have to be really really really close up to your face to see them like how they are presented in your picture. No need to worry more than necessary smile.png

It's great to know that you're hearing from this guy again! smile.png

Edited by Stella the diver, 07 April 2014 - 11:37 AM.

My daily routine: 

Morning : Wash face with Cetaphil Oil Control Foam Wash, moisturize with Cetaphil Oil Control Moisturizer w/ spf30

Before bedtime: Wash face with Cetaphil Oil Control Foam Wash and apply Tactuo on affected areas

Medication: 100 mg Minocycline/day

Makeup routine: 

Primer: B.Kamins Corrective Mattifier

Foundation: Mary Kay Timewise Matte-wear foundation

Set: Revlon Photoready Translucent Finisher

#30 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:51 PM

Thanks everyone. You are putting things into perspective for me. Today I took a photo from the same angle in my bathroom, and my skin looks smoother (I am wearing CC cream as in the first pics, nothing different). It's really messing with my head....one day I look semi-normal, the next I look and feel deformed. It doesn't help that the guy hasn't texted me again in a few days, and even when I texted it took him hours to send back a text with no question or anything. So I gave up.  It's getting a bit weird.... I'm starting to feel like he is not that into me and/or playing games. If someone is really interested, they don't do this kind of sh*t, especially when we both said to each other (via texts of course, bc he doesn't have the nerve to do it in person) that we are attracted to each other. All his other interactions seem friendly, not romantic. I don't get men.  strongsad.gif

Attached Thumbnails

• Facetoday2.jpg

#31 AlexanderJ86

AlexanderJ86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:28 AM

Just to echo what a lot of people said, you are beautiful whether or not you have acne, scars, whatever.  Be proud of yourself for putting yourself out there and don't feel bad because things didn't work out - why be with someone who doesn't want to be with you, know what i mean.  We people with acne will always have insecurities about our skin but as someone once told me, bravery is being afraid of doing something and doing it anyway.  Take time to love yourself and try again.  I am insecure 24/7 and i hide it well - haven't even made an attempt to date in a while but i know that i won't find that special person sitting on my sofa. 

I am sorry, but I don't believe that. My experiences with people is in direct contradiction with what you said. It is not that someone doesn't like me. The reality is that no one likes me. If there would anyone out there that would like me, then chances are extremely small that I would find that out. I am actually focussing myself now on things that will absolutely get better as long as I put effort in it, like (volunteer) work.

Thanks everyone. You are putting things into perspective for me. Today I took a photo from the same angle in my bathroom, and my skin looks smoother (I am wearing CC cream as in the first pics, nothing different). It's really messing with my head....one day I look semi-normal, the next I look and feel deformed. It doesn't help that the guy hasn't texted me again in a few days, and even when I texted it took him hours to send back a text with no question or anything. So I gave up.  It's getting a bit weird.... I'm starting to feel like he is not that into me and/or playing games. If someone is really interested, they don't do this kind of sh*t, especially when we both said to each other (via texts of course, bc he doesn't have the nerve to do it in person) that we are attracted to each other. All his other interactions seem friendly, not romantic. I don't get men. 

I wouldn't play games. I don't even want to play games. I think it is best that you call him on that behaviour. Not directly, but more like, "You haven't responded to me in a few days. Are you busy? What are you doing?". Also, I don't judge people based on skin problems. I just don't.

Edited by AlexanderJ86, 09 April 2014 - 02:29 AM.

#32 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:31 AM

I am sorry, but I don't believe that. My experiences with people is in direct contradiction with what you said. It is not that someone doesn't like me. The reality is that no one likes me. If there would anyone out there that would like me, then chances are extremely small that I would find that out. I am actually focussing myself now on things that will absolutely get better as long as I put effort in it, like (volunteer) work.

>>Thanks everyone. You are putting things into perspective for me. Today I took a photo from the same angle in my bathroom, and my skin looks smoother (I am wearing CC cream as in the first pics, nothing different). It's really messing with my head....one day I look semi-normal, the next I look and feel deformed. It doesn't help that the guy hasn't texted me again in a few days, and even when I texted it took him hours to send back a text with no question or anything. So I gave up.  It's getting a bit weird.... I'm starting to feel like he is not that into me and/or playing games. If someone is really interested, they don't do this kind of sh*t, especially when we both said to each other (via texts of course, bc he doesn't have the nerve to do it in person) that we are attracted to each other. All his other interactions seem friendly, not romantic. I don't get men. 

I wouldn't play games. I don't even want to play games. I think it is best that you call him on that behaviour. Not directly, but more like, "You haven't responded to me in a few days. Are you busy? What are you doing?". Also, I don't judge people based on skin problems. I just don't.

You may not believe it Alexander, but I have the exact same problem. I can't find a decent person to like me for more than a second. My friends and family can't understand why I haven't had a serious relationship in so long, they just think I'm unlucky. In this superficial society, you have to be the best of the best to hold someone's attention for more than a second, or you have to find someone who is not flaky or judgmental. Maybe I'm being cynical, but that has been my experience so far. I don't understand why men will flirt, make compliments, take me on dates, and then flake out....my guess is that: 1. they are not that into me 2. they have someone else. 

I honestly don't think it's my fault, since I have gone out with nice guys who wanted to keep dating but I just didn't feel any chemistry. Maybe I need to lower my standards in terms of appearance because this guy is too hot to stay focused on 1 girl. 

And yes, I would love to call him out on that immature behavior, but I doubt it will make a difference to him. The dating scene really sucks, I hate going on dates with strangers only to find out I was just wasting my time. You are right to be focusing on yourself instead, at least yourself will appreciate it. 

Edited by WishClean, 09 April 2014 - 07:33 AM.

#33 RoseOrALilly

RoseOrALilly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:33 AM

Ok, I wanted to update this thread. I just went out with the same guy again, and most of you were right. He did like me and was waiting to see if I liked him too. I guess I didn't give him enough signs that I liked him....it really put things into perspective for me. Sometimes I don't let guys see that I like them because I'm worried about getting rejected. Because of that, they sometimes feel rejected too.  Today on the date I was confident even though we were outside in broad daylight and I was trying not to sweat. I saw a lot of girls with flawed skin and that made me feel I wasn't alone, so I tried to have a good time instead. I hope this helps someone in the same position struggling with self-esteem. Do you think that once I get to know him better I can tell him about my skin insecurities, or will he not understand? 

Just wanted to say that this thread has really helped me. I've always had pretty low self-esteem, but then my skin went crazy and I honestly don't think don't think my self-esteem can get any lower. Some days I am 100% convinced that I will never find anyone who could love me.

But I'm slowly working on it. Trying not to be so hard on myself. Because I do believe that we think more horrible things about ourselves than anyone else does.  

So thankyou to you WichClean and everyone else who has commented. Its really lifted my spirits and I'll try to remember all this when I'm next at my lowest.

And WishClean your skin looks beautiful. 

#34 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:41 AM

Just wanted to say that this thread has really helped me. I've always had pretty low self-esteem, but then my skin went crazy and I honestly don't think don't think my self-esteem can get any lower. Some days I am 100% convinced that I will never find anyone who could love me.

But I'm slowly working on it. Trying not to be so hard on myself. Because I do believe that we think more horrible things about ourselves than anyone else does.  

So thankyou to you WichClean and everyone else who has commented. Its really lifted my spirits and I'll try to remember all this when I'm next at my lowest.

And WishClean your skin looks beautiful. 

I'm glad this thread was helpful, it has helped me a lot too. We are harder on ourselves....someone once told me to treat myself like my best friend and never say anything to myself that I wouldn't say to a friend. It's helped me cut down on the negativity and on picking on my flaws. 

I'm ok with not finding anyone....I'd rather be single than be with someone superficial. I am very independent and I always try to find things to do, even when I don't have anyone to do them with, so I think keeping busy and focusing on your wellbeing is key. 

#35 BeautifulPerseverance619

BeautifulPerseverance619

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:03 AM

I'm sorry to hear this, Wishclean.   It's sometimes hard to gage things when we're not around  the actual person and able to observe the situation.  If he is as attractive as you say he is.. He probably as a lot of options out there..  He's may be just toying with your heart to get what he may really wants..   OR  It could be the complete opposite.. He may be busy and unable to establish contact or he doesn't want to come across as to clingy.   I had a friend that would just let the phone ring on a girl that was interested in him.   He would say, "now watch this".. and he would just let the phone ring and ring and ring..  He did this to build more of a desire from the other woman.   I can't remember if he actually picked up finally or he totally wouldn't return her phone call till late..

Anyways, I would give him the rest of this week...  If he hasn't made any calls by then.. I would either just forget about him and move on or I would do what Alexander recommended and just ask him upfront.   You deserve to have an answer and not have someone waste your time.  Of course, He may just be busy...  Who knows.. 

*HUGs*  Hang in there and don't forget to smile once and awhile.. 

Edited by BeautifulPerseverance619, 09 April 2014 - 11:05 AM.

#36 thelongestroad

thelongestroad

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:tennis, hiking, music, enjoying good food with good friends

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:58 PM

I was hoping that this thread would have a beautiful ending.  What a dope.  You're a beautiful, smart, independent woman and that's going to scare some guys off.  Don't let it get to you.

#37 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:14 PM

I'm sorry to hear this, Wishclean.   It's sometimes hard to gage things when we're not around  the actual person and able to observe the situation.  If he is as attractive as you say he is.. He probably as a lot of options out there..  He's may be just toying with your heart to get what he may really wants..   OR  It could be the complete opposite.. He may be busy and unable to establish contact or he doesn't want to come across as to clingy.   I had a friend that would just let the phone ring on a girl that was interested in him.   He would say, "now watch this".. and he would just let the phone ring and ring and ring..  He did this to build more of a desire from the other woman.   I can't remember if he actually picked up finally or he totally wouldn't return her phone call till late..

Anyways, I would give him the rest of this week...  If he hasn't made any calls by then.. I would either just forget about him and move on or I would do what Alexander recommended and just ask him upfront.   You deserve to have an answer and not have someone waste your time.  Of course, He may just be busy...  Who knows.. 

You are right. I always assume the worst so that I won't be disappointed. I am a nice person, and yet guys always play games with me. I never play games. I will do what you suggested and give him until the end of the week. I have a feeling that I am his saturday filler because his friends are busy, so if he asks me out again I'm not sure I'll be able to say yes...especially if he's only seeing me because he has nothing better to do on Saturdays. Ugh. 

I was hoping that this thread would have a beautiful ending.  What a dope.  You're a beautiful, smart, independent woman and that's going to scare some guys off.  Don't let it get to you.

I was hoping that too...I was updating the thread to give other people hope, but it seems that this won't turn out well. Story of my life. I don't know if I have the patience to date someone new after all this...it just feels like a big waste of time. 

On a positive note, these past few days I have been putting all my energy into helping people through my job, and it has been very rewarding. Sometimes I think that I'm not meant to be in a relationship because then I wouldn't be able to contribute anything positive to the world. Lame, I know. eusa_think.gif

#38 AlexanderJ86

AlexanderJ86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:29 AM

You are right. I always assume the worst so that I won't be disappointed. I am a nice person, and yet guys always play games with me. I never play games. I will do what you suggested and give him until the end of the week. I have a feeling that I am his saturday filler because his friends are busy, so if he asks me out again I'm not sure I'll be able to say yes...especially if he's only seeing me because he has nothing better to do on Saturdays. Ugh. 

>I was hoping that this thread would have a beautiful ending.  What a dope.  You're a beautiful, smart, independent woman and that's going to scare some guys off.  Don't let it get to you.

I was hoping that too...I was updating the thread to give other people hope, but it seems that this won't turn out well. Story of my life. I don't know if I have the patience to date someone new after all this...it just feels like a big waste of time. 

On a positive note, these past few days I have been putting all my energy into helping people through my job, and it has been very rewarding. Sometimes I think that I'm not meant to be in a relationship because then I wouldn't be able to contribute anything positive to the world. Lame, I know.

I am already there. I just stopped caring. If you don't care, then you have no reason anymore to be sad and disappointed. It is not that I stopped talking to girls. It is more that I don't expect something more than that to happen anymore. If something more would happen, then it is pure coincidence.

#39 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:46 AM

^^ That's probably the best way to live life...expect nothing. 

#40 Perseverance92

Perseverance92

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Age is an issue of mind over matter.If you don't mind it doesn't matters.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:58 PM

Hello,

To be honest i never saw anything wrong with your face in the first two pics.Even in the third pic there was just a little unevenness on your lower left cheek.Nobody can make out from your face that you EVER had cystic acne.And you are so pretty! You talk about dating with that face? You'll get a score of guys who'll want to pursue you :) 

Having an "Uneven" personality is worse than having uneven skin. I'm 21 and have flawless girls in my college.Believe me , when they talk , all beauty disappears.Acne is a very humbling experience.So i'm sure with a good personality you'll be even more attractive.Throw the "blues" out of the window and live your life ;)

And yeah... SMILE! don't be so glum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users