Two Weeks No Bp - Am I In The Clear?

1 reply to this topic

#1 spartan32

spartan32

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:30 PM

For 14 straight years, I never went longer than maybe 5 days without BP.  In spite of all of that, I still regularly brokeout and was never really clear from BP.  Over the past 2-3 months, I have overhauled my diet and cut out anything processed.  So my diet went from a ton of fast food to only whole foods and making sure my glycemic load is always low (I follow a one ingredient rule when selecting foods.  obvious exceptions are made if it is something like hot sauce that has a few different spice ingredients.)  I also went from eating no veggies to at least 5 servings a day.

I had planned on staying on BP as a safety net, but for some reason I developed an allergy about a month ago.  Extreme dryness, itching, and eczema-like patches.  3 weeks ago, I went from applying BP twice a day in large amounts to once a day in the morning.  2 weeks ago I stopped it all together after I started developing more rashes.  In the past 2 weeks, I have continued my diet and worked on deep breathing exercises to relieve stress as quitting BP has scared the hell out of me.  I also use a moisturizer morning and night with high amounts of B3.

For those who have quit BP and gone on to start breaking out again, when did these breakouts start?  I haven't had a pimple in weeks which is the longest I have ever gone but I am still worried.

#2 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:19 AM

I can't answer your BP question, but congratulations on your diet & clear skin.
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users