Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Really Odd Acne?

2 posts in this topic

I have been dealing with acne for about 2 years now. (I'm 15) It started off on my forehead and slowly moved it way to my whole face + shoulders. I've tried just about every skincare brand known to man as well. I went to my doctor about a year ago and got a cream from him which did nothing so I was sent to a dermatologist. The dermatologist literally looked at me for two seconds and prescribed me two creams to use each night; altering between creams. They were called Tactuo and Biacna.I used them for about four months but literally nothing happened so I stopped (my skin was becoming really dry and irritated)

So now I'm stuck..I have acne all over my face (Mostly my cheeks) I have some flat, red bumps and regular pimples all over my face.

I've tried to drink lots of water because I've heard that helps and....nothing! I drink tons of water a day and it doesn't seem to help at all. I haven't had sugary drinks in months, but still no results.

Also, the only time I touch my face is when I'm washing/moisturizing it..I use a clean pillow case each night

My current skincare routine is to wash my face twice a day with the Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser and moisturize twice a day with the Neutrogena Oil-Free SPF 15 Moisturizer. I've stopped using masks, scrubs, etc. because I found they ultimately did not help with my acne. So I considering using the Regimen, but I've tried lots of BP creams before and I had no results.

If you have any suggestions, tips, etc. please let me know!

I have been dealing with acne for about 2 years now. (I'm 15) It started off on my forehead and slowly moved it way to my whole face + shoulders. I've tried just about every skincare brand known to man as well. I went to my doctor about a year ago and got a cream from him which did nothing so I was sent to a dermatologist. The dermatologist literally looked at me for two seconds and prescribed me two creams to use each night; altering between creams. They were called Tactuo and Biacna.I used them for about four months but literally nothing happened so I stopped (my skin was becoming really dry and irritated)

So now I'm stuck..I have acne all over my face (Mostly my cheeks) I have some flat, red bumps and regular pimples all over my face.

I've tried to drink lots of water because I've heard that helps and....nothing! I drink tons of water a day and it doesn't seem to help at all. I haven't had sugary drinks in months, but still no results.

Also, the only time I touch my face is when I'm washing/moisturizing it..I use a clean pillow case each night

My current skincare routine is to wash my face twice a day with the Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser and moisturize twice a day with the Neutrogena Oil-Free SPF 15 Moisturizer. I've stopped using masks, scrubs, etc. because I found they ultimately did not help with my acne. So I considering using the Regimen, but I've tried lots of BP creams before and I had no results.

If you have any suggestions, tips, etc. please let me know!

Current regimen: garlic supplements [as needed], Enzymedica gluten blocker [as needed], nicadan [not sure if it works yet]. I try to simplify as much as I can. Don't take more supplements than you need....try one at a time and be patient.

The supplements that really helped me when my acne was at its worst: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements. NOTE: I do not recommend DIM for long term use, and I do not recommend hormonal creams without doctor supervision.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: acupuncture, regular exercise/ yoga, low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials...

Grocery list:

** Find the cause, find the cure **

** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**