2 replies to this topic

#1 ladymermaid

ladymermaid

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:36 AM

For the first time in my life, I've been getting compliments on my skin. Like, almost daily. I never thought I'd ever be that person, but I guess miracles do happen.

I started the regimen in September of 2011, and my skin was an absolute disaster. Cystic acne, small whiteheads, blackheads-- you name it, I had it. It was the lowest point of my life. Having acne ruined my college years. I never wanted to go out because my confidence level was so low. I missed out on so much, but I was ashamed of myself and felt as if I had no control over it.

One lonely Saturday night, I stumbled upon the Dan's regimen while browsing the web looking for answers. I had nothing left to lose, so I thought I'd give it a go. I'd like to say that my acne cleared up right away, and it was all sunshine and rainbows after that, but it was definitely not. Although my skin seemed to be getting much better, I broke out a lot for a few months, and it was a looooong time before I didn't have any acne on my face. But I didn't give up. And I'm beyond grateful that I stuck with it.

It's been a few years now, and my face is finally at a beautiful place. I've been getting a lot of compliments on my skin over the past few months, and it's honestly weird for me. I sometimes still feel like saying, "Me!? No, I'm prone to breakouts! I have the worst skin." Because having bad skin can put you in a particular mind frame that you feel like you can never break free of. But I'm telling you, you can. 

I remember the lonely nights where I just wanted to cry myself to sleep because of my deep insecurity over my face, so I understand the pain any of you may be going through. But please believe me when I say that It WILL get better. Patience it key. Please don't give up! 

After my skin cleared, I almost forgot all about these boards, as I didn't need the support any more. But i just thought I'd stop by, because hope and inspiration is necessary for those who may be struggline.

Have a lovely day. xo

#2 JaclynA

JaclynA

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Nursing

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:52 AM

Thank you for the encouraging words. Just what I needed to hear. :) 

#3 jenjen182

jenjen182

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:37 PM

Yes, thanks so much. The journey may be a long one, but the end is so worth it. Best wishes and I hope your skin stays as beautiful as your personality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users