Photo

Please Help! Fungal Folliculitis (Sp?) Flare Up!

fungal folliculitis treatment exfoliation nizoral anti-druff shampoo head and shoulders classic cl clear face acne

1 reply to this topic

#1 TheLittleBlueJetty

TheLittleBlueJetty

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

Hey all!

I recently found that I most probably have fungal folliculitis on my face. I think it came when I first tried the OCM method which did not work for me at all. I guess my pores got clogged? Anyway I started treating it with Nizoral and Head and Shoulders Classic clean, alternating every 2 days or so. I have been doing it properly since friday (before that I wasn't absorbing everything so doing it wrong for 2 days). Things seem to be improving but not as fast as I had hoped. I have JR Prom next weekend and I am hoping for a clear face by that time! My main questions are

1) should I be exfoliating gently? and with what (baking soda?) or will it irritate it? will it speed up the process?
2) should I be washing my face with it 2x a day or only once?

3) Should i be using moisturizer? I read that it makes it worse and I feel like it is but my face is getting a little dry

4) I think I'm getting red marks from where the individual bumps are drying up... do they fade eventually or do I have to do something to treat them?

That's all my questions for now! Please help!

#2 TheLittleBlueJetty

TheLittleBlueJetty

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:58 AM

hey all, just a quick update. I did exfoliate once very gently with the nizoral, which seemed to help a little bit. Would just like to get the okay to makek sure it's not harming it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users