Acne Diet........?

acne diet

3 replies to this topic

#1 sfonseka

sfonseka

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I enjoy the outdoors, traveling, restaurants, laughing, going to cultural events, and socializing with quality people. Its just better living and sharing life with someone else

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:05 AM

what kind of diet should you try to get rid of acne?

#2 rick911

rick911

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

I don't think that diet has anything to do with acne :S But obviously try to stay away from greesy foods and all that junk :P good luck miss!

#3 heh2

heh2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:44 PM

no gluten, no dairy, no sugar, not too much fruits, no artificial flavours, no coffee, no bad fats, polyunsaturated vegetable oils margarines fried food n whatnot, no alcohol, no foods u have intolerance for, no canned food and stuff with a lot of preservatives, only eat grass from your backyard... if its gluten free.

#4 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:42 AM

You may or may not need to eliminate gluten or dairy, i dont. But you have to figure that out for yourself. And whether or not you are intolerant, neither should be big parts of your diet.

What you need to do is avoid any high glycemic impacting meal, drink or snack. Stop drinking sugar now. How low glycemic you need to go is individual and something you have to figure out for yourself. Muscle, sleep, activity, nutrients are just one of the things that affect how well you metabolize sugar.

Eat mostly fresh, whole fruits & vegetables, herbs, spices & teas. These, along with high omega 3 containing animal products like fish & eggs from properly fed chickens are your anti-inflammatory foods.

Avoid anything you have an intolerance for. Which you have to figure out.

Limit grains, avoid bad fats like margarine, crisco, and vegetable oils.

Also, lifestyle habits like sleep, activity, and stress are also important and things most people do wrong these days.

The above is good for everything to do with your health, not just acne.

What is your acne like?
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users