Toner Ingredient Causing Deep Acne?

5 replies to this topic

#1 burnitup1

burnitup1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:54 PM

I have been on the acne.org regimen for about 2 and a half months now. I use Cetaphil Cleanser, the Acne.org 2.5% benzoyl peroxide treatment, and CeraVe moisturizing cream. So far so good - I only get about 1-2 pimples a day, which is an improvement.

I wear foundation on a daily basis (Lorac Natural Performance Foundation) so I need a little extra help taking it all off before going to bed. I tend to use Vichy "Pureté Thermale 3-in-1 Calming Cleansing Solution" on a cotton pad to take it all off. Normally this works just fine, but the other day I made the idiotic move of using a toner to ensure that all the makeup came off.

I used "Andalou Naturals Clementine + C Illuminating Toner" and did a test patch on my right cheek. The next day, the entire area was covered in large, deep pimples. What ingredient in this toner would be most likely to cause this reaction? Please help!

Ingredients: 
Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Lauric Acid, Fruit Stem Cells (Malus Domestsica, Solar Vitis) and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Citrus Clementina (Clementine) and Cucumis Melo (Melon) Extracts, Glycolic Acid, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos), Hibiscus Rosa-Sinensis and Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Extracts*†, Phenethyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) and Cymbopogon Martini (Palmarosa) Oils*

Note: It has been 3 days since the breakout, but it is slowly calming down by returning to my old routine. However, I am so scared to use other products after seeing what this so-called "organic" toner did to my skin sad.png

#2 KAmanda

KAmanda

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:13 PM

Any type of citrus oils or extracts can be very irritating. I'm not sure about the other ingredients, but the citrus would be a red flag for me. Always gives my skin trouble.

#3 paigems

paigems

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

http://cosdna.com/en...d727105431.html

Lauric acid and vitamin E could be the issue, but so could a bunch of other stuff in there like all the extracts.

#4 burnitup1

burnitup1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:35 PM

Thanks, guys. From now on I will be avoiding products with citrus oils and/or lauric acid.

Has anyone else had a bad experience with either of these ingredients?

#5 Hope7

Hope7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:53 PM

Yes I agree with the other people that any citrus oils/extracts can be very irritating.  I also avoid products with any type of alcohol ingredient as they cause my skin to get very red and itchy..

#6 james howard

james howard

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:55 AM

Thanks, guys. From now on I will be avoiding products with citrus oils and/or lauric acid.

Has anyone else had a bad experience with either of these ingredients?

Who suggested you to avoid that? Do they harm the skin.....?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users