27 replies to this topic

#21 Deequarius

Deequarius

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:27 AM

Good to hear from you Kim!

I actually really have started to like Aquaphor as well for my chin gets pretty flaky after my skin dries in the morning from stepping out of the shower. Looks like we both hopped on the bandwagon! As to my drinking, I don't drink every weekend but I will be graduating in just 2 weeks so there will be a lot of graduation parties so my typical alcohol consumption is going to be a lot higher than it normally is. I have found that drinking liquor is easier on my skin then beer. When I drink beer I tend to get more breakouts then if I had been drinking liquor the night before. I will do some extra research on that information though!

Dalton

#22 lilmama0922

lilmama0922

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

Hi Dalton,

thanks so much for your post. I just started accutane 5 days ago, and I have been sitting in the sauna as well after my workouts. I have extremely oily skin so the dryness hasn't started quite yet. Also aquaphor has become my best friend!! I am starting on 40 mg/day and will continue with the sauna as long as I'm hydrated. Hope you journey is still going well!!!

Jess

#23 Deequarius

Deequarius

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:07 PM

Jess,

Yes, hydration is key! Let me know how that works out for you! Aquaphor is best thing I have for my lips, and I love how just a little bit goes a long way. I don't expect to need to purchase another container of it before my accutane cycle is over. One thing I have been doing lately is not washing my hair everyday. I jump in the shower and rinse my body off in the mornings but only wash my hair 3 times a week. If I was working out I would wash it everyday but since my ankle injury is not allowing me, I don't wash my hair everyday. Not washing allows what little oil my skin actually produces build up so my hair looks healthy and has the thicker feeling that it used to have when I wasn't taking it. I hope to hear back from you on your progress!

Best,

Dalton

#24 Deequarius

Deequarius

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:36 AM

I just thought I would report to everyone about something amazing that has happened. This is a first in my life since I have had acne.... I AM COMPLETELY ACNE FREE. I doubt it will last as I am only now starting my third month of Accutane but since I have started I have not missed a single dose and now have a completely clear complexion. It is literally take 100% of my mental restraint to not just rub my hands all over my face. I haven't known this feeling since the 5th grade and 8 years later it has returned... at least for the time being.

Hope everyone is doing well and I wish anyone running an Accutane cycle now or in the near future a smooth journey. This is definitely a miracle drug. I've been on so many different things from proactive to antibiotics and on every single one of them I always had at least some acne left over somewhere. 

AND ON THE 8TH DAY, GOD MADE ACCUTANE.

Best wishes,

Dalton

#25 Jason19

Jason19

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:30 PM

Hey Dalton,

That's great news ! I'm so happy for you surprised.gif. I can't even remember how being completely clear feels, I hope you stay clear now !

I've literally just taken my 14th day's 20mg. I've not had any significant side effects yet, not even chapped lips (though I have been using lip care products since day 1 so perhaps that's why). As per my derms advice I'm going to up my dose to 40mg tomorrow - I hope to see some results soon !

All the best,

Jason

#26 lilmama0922

lilmama0922

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:59 PM

Dalton that is some really awesome news!!!! I'm so happy to hear that. I'm only on day 11 but still no major side effects. I have a feeling my treatment will go by fast, and hoping to have results like you. Please keep us posted, and not sure if you have already graduated yet, but congrats!!!

#27 Harry1993

Harry1993

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:12 PM

Hey,

For all 3 months have you been on 40mg a day? 

#28 Deequarius

Deequarius

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:42 PM

Harry,

Yes I have been on 40 mg for all three months. Increasing dosage tends to increase side-effects and since I am already having such success with this dosage my derm finds no need to increase it. 

Best,

Dalton

Lilmama,

Thanks! I really appreciate it! I didn't notice much for side-effects until about two weeks in and that's when the IB really set in. I'm not sure if you read the rest of my posts but I found a lot of success with sitting in a sauna. Really pushed all the impurities out and the IB was there and gone in no time at all. Also in regards to graduation... No I haven't graduated yet. Thursday of this week is my last day, Saturday is my graduation party, and Sunday is Commencement! Super pumped and with Accutane I am going to have a clear complexion before setting foot on campus! SUPER PUMPED!

Sincerely,

Dalton 

Lastly, a little update... When I got my Accutane filled for my third month I was handed a different box then what I have had in the past two scripts. Before I was prescribed to an Accutane generic through Barr Labs called Claravis and this time I was handed several more boxes that are only 20 mg pills that I have to take two of. This time I have Myorisan... Anyone have any experience with this generic?

Thanks,

Dalton

Edited by Deequarius, 12 May 2014 - 04:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users