Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aspiring Sociopath

Time For The Last Resort.

5 posts in this topic

Well after nearly 10 years of acne, and many, many failed treatments, I have finally begun my 30 day wait for Accutane. Just to get everyone up to speed I am a 25 year old male who still suffers from pretty nasty inflammatory breakouts and hyper pigmentation. (will get pics up soon) through out the years I have been through 2-6 month courses of doxycyline (though I couldnt stomach Doryx) and I was also on Cephalexon for 2 years along with a plethora of topical treatments such as (duac,differin,atralin, acanya, tazorac gold and silver, as well as several other BP and Vitamin E ointments.) At this point in life, I am just exhausted from the stress this is causing me on a daily basis. I was clear about a year ago for about 6 months time, but of course the acne came back full force. You almost forget how bad it can feel both physically and mentally, until it comes back that is.. I will probably convert this into a log when the time comes, but what I do know for sure is that this 30 days cannot pass soon enough. Thanks for letting me vent.

BTW.. for those it may help in the future.. The combo of medication I had some success with was as follows.

Cetaphil Cleanser

Cetaphil Moisturizer

Morning..

Wash with warm water only

acanya

moisturize

1- 500mg Cephalexon

Night..

cetaphil cleanser

Tazorac gold

moisturize

Sorry you've been dealing with acne for so long. I can completely relate to how you're feeling. I hope accutane works for you. In the meantime you should start hoarding aquaphor lol.

1.Hoard Aquaphor

2. Hoard artificial tears

3. Hoard the most creamy lotion-y lotion you can find for your soon-to-be crocodile-human hybrid skin

Good luck! I am sure you will be pleased with the results.

My Accutane log (with pictures): Holy Isotretinoin Batman It's another Accutane Log!

26 y/o female- approx. 54kg

Absorica -40 mg, 1 daily, December 26, 2013 - February, 25, 2014

Absorica - 60 mg, 1 daily. February 26, 2014 - July 6th 

Probiotic - 1 daily

Fish oil supplement w/ vit D - 1 daily

Morning:

Cetaphil cleanser

Food Grade Rose water - Toner

La Roche Posay Mineral Water Spray

Vichy 50+ Capital Soleil Cream for Sensitive Skin

Night:

Cetaphil Cleanser