Photo

International Customers: What Can We Do To Improve Shipping? Prize For Best Answer :)

30 replies to this topic

#21 UKdreamin

UKdreamin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:08 AM

I've ordered the acne.org BP treatment 3 times already, and suddenly now, as I tried to process my order 5 minutes ago, I was told that this product no longer ships to Canada…. This is a huge setback!!! Not a happy camper.

#22 tobbe134

tobbe134

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:34 PM

Hey Dan,

I have something I think you and your team should take into consideration. I have been trying to find something similar to the "The Regimen" for many hours now and I just had to express my thoughts. After stumbling across this site more than a year ago I thought maybe, just maybe I found what I have always been looking for but then realizing that due to importation restrictions I can't place my order. What a disappointment, oh well the time flew away and here I am today, same exact problem with same disappointment. Many may think that why just not find a good cleanser and moisturizer. The problem is that 1,4 oz(40g) of Benzoyl peroxide in Sweden costs 21 dollars which is 135 dollars a month just on Benzoyl peroxide. That's not something everybody can afford, or are willing to pay so my suggestion is to come around the importation restrictions in one way or another.

1. Try to get an import authorization to the following countries. Austria, Germany, Mexico, Nigeria, Philippines, Spain, Sweden and Turkey

2. Amazon.co.uk or finding a good retailer

As far I know shipping Benzoyl peroxide inside EU is legal and do not demand any authorization(I may be wrong). So opening up a shop on Amazon.co.uk would solve the EU problems. I'm fully aware of all the questions that may pop up for example, who will take care of the orders?, is the demand big enough? etc. I will be fully honest I don't know anything about business I'm just giving you what I think is most important. If the Amazon shop don't work at all, you maybe can reach out to other retailers. 

Starting to manufacture inside the EU, maybe this is a long shot but as I and few people already have told you maybe this isn't a bad idea after all? The demand of leaving the Acne.org organisation outside the US is the next step if you ask me, it would benefit many people including me. Vat, shipment, overall cost and those importation restriction(I may be wrong) is just a few of the positive effects.

From what I have said above is something that I know many others can relate too, because I can read it all over the web. It's time for a change, Austria, Germany, Mexico, Nigeria, Philippines, Spain, Sweden and Turkey isn't some small non demanding countries. All together there are more than +600 millions of people that can't even benefit of The Regimen. I can't answer how to solve the problem outside the EU besides applying for an import authorization. The only thing I know is that the demand inside the EU is huge, and trying to solve that situation is more important than trying to lowering the shipping cost. 

I hope you some clarity what I'm trying to say, best of luck Tobias

Edited by tobbe134, 23 June 2014 - 07:36 PM.

#23 Gemini21

Gemini21

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:46 PM

This sounds exactly like my situation. My products have been held up in customs since Sunday. Did you have to pay the duty before the package was released by customs or was it payable on delivery?

Dear Dan and team,

Today I received my very first order of acne.org treatment, it looks good and I can't wait to start the regimen! Anyway, back to the topic. 

My Order

When tracking my order, I noticed that it was being held by Customs (the people who check imports), and so I was anxious to find out whether I had to pay extra to receive the delivery. Below, I will report my own personal experience and honest opinion, and elaborate on this using information I have since researched. Although there's quite a lot to read, I hope my writing is clear and understandable, and that it will be of some use!

I ordered the starter kit of 3 x 8 oz. bottles (cleanser, treatment, moisturiser) which came to $44.21. I decided to opt for the fastest shipping method, and so this was an additional $38.92. The total was then $83.13. With my bank's conversion rate and a charge of £1.36, the total came to £50.77. I have suffered from acne for 8 long years, with nothing working effectively and no end in sight. So, would I say this is expensive? Put simply, if it works significantly better than my current erythromycin, then no! If it doesn't work, then yes!

#24 Manticore

Manticore

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:17 AM

The HMRC website has always been a bit confusing.

I havent looked recently, but it used to say that VAT was only payable on the intrinsic value of the goods (which doesn't include postage), yet another page said that it was payable on the total amount, including postage (for amounts over £15).

All I can say is, I have never paid VAT or handling charges when ordering single tubes of either the 8oz treatment or 6oz AHA+ even though the total comes to more than £15 (my last order of 8oz treatment was $19 (£11.56) + $12.67 (£7.71) shipping.

Having said that, I always use the cheapest USPS shipping. The shipping price isn't printed on the label.

Edited by Manticore, 30 June 2014 - 10:19 AM.

My Gallery photos - Clear in 8 weeks:-
http://www.acne.org/...my-spotsworked/

#25 Wowcmon

Wowcmon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

Canada

Why cant we have a free shipping like USA I mean we're just beside u guys.

#26 selyinakyle

selyinakyle

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

I stumbled upon this website a year ago and thought about buying your products but then I backed out because I didn't have Paypal and thought it would be too complicated to go through all those formalities with my bank account and calculating the customs fee and tax on importations. My cystic acne got worse and I decided to try the pill. Most of my face was already pretty clear, but I got to your site again and looked through the experiences people had with your regimen and REALLY wanted to try it for myself.

A year ago Croatia joined the EU and as of now we are granted tax exemption and are free of tax payment on any product ( NO matter the cost/value) within the EU.
The last couple of days I've gone out of my way to figure out how to order your products without having to pay the shipping more than the regimen itself. Me and a friend are really set on buying the big kit, but unfortunately, having calculated the overall cost,it's just too much.
Since your products are shipped from the US,therefore outside the European Union, only products priced under 28$ would be free of customs fee and tax (but even the shipping is sometimes counted added to the product price which is ridiculous). Products ranging from 28 to 200$ are also free of customs fee, but we're obligated to pay the tax which is 25% of the overall price (again,with the shipping cost). As for packages with +200$ value, we'd have to pay both the customs fee and the value-added tax.

As some of the others said, I'd love if there was a way to order from the EU to avoid all the additional payments. amazon.co.uk sounds great to me, but they still haven't put Croatia on their shipping list.Guess I'm really unlucky. 

eusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gif  find an easier way for international orders. 

#27 sparkles82

sparkles82

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:17 AM

Canada

Cheaper shipping to Canada please. I buy regularly from the States and lots of companies will charge a flat fee and will fill one of those boxes. Is this not possible with acne.org? Or can you do free shipping on a set amount of product bought or a set fee on a certain amount? I would buy more products more often if the shipping was cheaper or if there was a deal.

Thanks!

#28 Yoda987654321

Yoda987654321

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:33 AM

Another comment from me (see my earlier post): it might be beneficial to people in the UK if you use smaller packaging. In the UK, the price of postage depends very strictly on both weight and size. My last order from Acne.org was for 1 bottle, which came in a cardboard box about 3-4 times the volume. It was also filled with polystyrene which I can't recycle in my local area, so unfortunately that has to go in landfill, which I don't like. 

#29 applegrape

applegrape

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:28 PM

Shipping is very expensive. Its more expensive than the product itself! Is there any ways to make it cheaper?

I want to buy the product but when I read the shipping cost is very expensive I think again.

Suggestion: Open acne.org store in Asia and Europe. So the shipping cost is not very costly.

#30 Yoda987654321

Yoda987654321

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:58 AM

In addition to those in my other two post, I have idea!

Why not sell the acne.org regimen to the UK's National Health Service (NHS)?

You could potentially sell in very large volumes, and it would be available to UK residents at a minimal charge!

Here's some related advice: http://www.macmillan...eavailable.aspx

What does everyone think?

#31 klubiklaas

klubiklaas

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:58 PM

Hello Dan

Region: Europe

How to improve shipping? Well, there are two important aspects of shipping - lower price and faster shipping.

I have a solution and resources to help. 

I have houses in Finland and Estonia. I also have a registered company. 

We find the cheapest way to ship a large quantity of products to Estonia. I store them, pack them and send out to other EU countries. 

For a customer, the shipping will be around 15-25 USD and delivery in 2-6 business days. 

Its best for the customer and also better for acne.org. 

I could make accurate calculations if I would know that how many packages you ship to EU in one month. 

We can also be sure that there will be an increase of orders from EU, if the shipping time and price is lower. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users