2 replies to this topic

#1 eveum

eveum

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:32 PM

I live in the UK and have always assumed you need a prescription for BP gel in any concentration, is this true? I've read about people ordering online from Amazon and other places but I don't know :s

On another note, my pharmacy doesn't hold 2.5% gel any more and I read on these forums about it being discontinued, is this true for all of the UK?

I ended up taking 5% gel home with the brand name Acnecide. I am a little worried it will burn my face and be really strong, does anyone have any tips for applying a 5% gel? This is my second time trying BP, the first was about 3 years ago. As I recall using 2.5% gel didn't affect my spots much but it was quite a while ago and I'm not entirely sure. Does this mean the best option would be using 5%?

Edited by eveum, 17 March 2014 - 12:36 PM.

#2 BarakOsama

BarakOsama

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:04 PM

I've used it for about a year as long as you don't use it more than once a day 5% is fine. Also, don't smear it on to start just apply it to effected areas and see how you react. You also don't need a prescription  in Canada anyways, the side effects are so minimal I highly doubt you would need one in UK.

Edited by BarakOsama, 17 March 2014 - 03:06 PM.

#3 eveum

eveum

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:56 PM

I'm planning on using it only once a day, thank you for the advice. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users