forehead bumpy bumps folliculitis oily acne blackheads pores clogged

4 replies to this topic

#1 Centrocercus

Centrocercus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:49 PM

Please please help me! I'm so fed up with my skin. I know it could be worse but I'm not sure what to do, and my parents think seeing a dermatologist is a waste of time and money.

I think I have what is known as 'pityosporum folliculitis' on my forehead. I'm not a doctor by any means so I can't be sure, but I have had recurring bumps on my forehead for what now seems like years. I used to have general acne issues allover my face, but I have completely cleaned up my diet (no additives, trans fats, vegetable oils, meat & dairy free, ton of water, fresh fruits and veg etc.) and all that stuff cleared up, so I don't think this forehead issue is diet or hormone related. 

I also don't use any harsh products (cleanse 2x a day with Sukin's natural cleansing lotion, and moisturise with the matching moisturiser on the rest of my face (which is clear), and 100% aloe vera gel on my forehead). The gel has been great at soothing the inflammation that occurred as a result of me trying everything I could to get rid of the bumps (ended up severely irritated), and it controls the oil on my forehead, but the bumps are still there.

Is it pityosposrum folliculitis? I'm really really tempted to try Nizoral or some type of anti fungal despite my hatred of a lot of products. I get really down about the texture of my skin, and in hot weather like it is now, it gets itchy and inflamed. 

Any advice much appreciated. 

Attached File  Screen Shot 2014-03-16 at 12.47.00 PM.png   594.15K   8 downloads

#2 KrisNicky

KrisNicky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:45 AM

Hi hun, Im not a profesional nor do I have similar markings to you but I read your post. In the late summer early fall my head became extremely itchy and I would scratch it constantly, after a few months I started noticing I had lost quite a bit of hair. I started reading up on it. And thought it might be dermatitis or tinea capitis. After I star red accutane I became concerned with one of the side effects being hair loss so I booked an appt with my MD. She told me to pick up Nizoral. I did and it worked, I also ordered Nioxin scalp recovery and I use the serum multiple times a day. My scalp gets a little itchy from time to time because of the dryness from the accutane but at first it was soo much better. I think it is definitely not a waste of time and money to see a derm. They have probably seen what you have many times before- once you have a diagnosis you can go from there! When I googled the suspected condition acne. Org popped up on my google search with forums dating back to 2011 on this topic- so you will probably find a lot of helpful info there regarding what's been tried and what worked. But definitely go see a derm, it sounds like you are very dedicated to taking care of yourself and you should be afforded the derm visit with the assistance of your family! Also, you might want to consider eliminating all sugars from your diet- processed, natural raw, cane juice and fruits for a month and see if it helps as they are the solution to issues with candida! It's a very tough diet, as you'll find if you try it, everything has sugar, even good foods at health stores.

Good luck Hun!

#3 Centrocercus

Centrocercus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:49 AM

Hi hun, Im not a profesional nor do I have similar markings to you but I read your post. In the late summer early fall my head became extremely itchy and I would scratch it constantly, after a few months I started noticing I had lost quite a bit of hair. I started reading up on it. And thought it might be dermatitis or tinea capitis. After I star red accutane I became concerned with one of the side effects being hair loss so I booked an appt with my MD. She told me to pick up Nizoral. I did and it worked, I also ordered Nioxin scalp recovery and I use the serum multiple times a day. My scalp gets a little itchy from time to time because of the dryness from the accutane but at first it was soo much better. I think it is definitely not a waste of time and money to see a derm. They have probably seen what you have many times before- once you have a diagnosis you can go from there! When I googled the suspected condition acne. Org popped up on my google search with forums dating back to 2011 on this topic- so you will probably find a lot of helpful info there regarding what's been tried and what worked. But definitely go see a derm, it sounds like you are very dedicated to taking care of yourself and you should be afforded the derm visit with the assistance of your family! Also, you might want to consider eliminating all sugars from your diet- processed, natural raw, cane juice and fruits for a month and see if it helps as they are the solution to issues with candida! It's a very tough diet, as you'll find if you try it, everything has sugar, even good foods at health stores.

Good luck Hun!

Thankyou so much for the input. I bought 2% Nizoral cream today, will patch test it, and then try it out. If it doesn't work I guess I'll convince my parents to take me to a dermatologist, it's looking like the only option right about now. Thanks again

#4 KrisNicky

KrisNicky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:10 AM

Would like to hear how it works out for you!

#5 Centrocercus

Centrocercus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:17 AM

I bought Nizoral a while ago but only started using it 4/5 days ago (not sure why). Let me just say I am SO happy, I think for the first time in my life I correctly self diagnosed myself with fungal folliculitis. The bumps have significantly reduced, my forehead is less red and just generally less inflamed. Today I bought a 2% ketoconazole shampoo (Sebizol) to treat my itchy scalp, as well as the bumps on my back and chest. If your forehead or any other parts of your body (most commonly back, chest, jawline) looks anything like mine there is a GOOD chance it is pityosporum folliculitis, and you can try out a topical cream/shampoo with ketoconazole. This is not regular acne and will only be irritated with conventional acne treatments (trust me, I tried every product and natural remedy there is which only made things worse). 

Thanks so much for your advice KrisNicky. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users