Lilypad89

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:44 PM

31 days of accutane
6 days of 20 mg

No actives. Thank god.

All pimples dried up except for the cyst under my eye. Which is annoying. But I'm thankful still, no other new pimples. Any tips on how to make the cyst go down? It is slightly dried up, but the bump is still huge.

The rest are healing, dried up.

Hair hasn't been oily for days. Yeah!

Woke up to no oil on my face.

Really think the dry speed is cmg.
Lips are very dry, Vaseline is my best friend.

Feeling positive, maybe it is my eyes but my pores look smaller.

But I noticed those dried whiteheads (no idea how to describe it) on my forehead, which I know won't erupt, easy to flake off though.

31 days of accutane
6 days of 20 mg

No actives. Thank god.

All pimples dried up except for the cyst under my eye. Which is annoying. But I'm thankful still, no other new pimples. Any tips on how to make the cyst go down? It is slightly dried up, but the bump is still huge.

The rest are healing, dried up.

Hair hasn't been oily for days. Yeah!

Woke up to no oil on my face.

Really think the dry speed is cmg.
Lips are very dry, Vaseline is my best friend.

Feeling positive, maybe it is my eyes but my pores look smaller.

But I noticed those dried whiteheads (no idea how to describe it) on my forehead, which I know won't erupt, easy to flake off though.

Hey! good luck on your journey, I see it's starting to get better. Skin will get worse before it gets better and I think you've seen your worst! again good luck it only gets better from here

I will follow along on your progress

Hello!! Thank you! I hope so too :) I hope the worst is over! I'll follow your progress too :) hope the no IB streak will go on

#22 KrisNicky

KrisNicky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

Sounds like things are looking positive on your journey! Love reading your updates.

I'm on 37 days 40 mg, go up to 50 mg at 60 days.

My break out seem to come and go. Initially my skin cleared right up and I was just left with closed comodones on my cheeks and scaring around the sides of my mouth. I also noticed between weeks 2-3 my black heads were really noticeable on my nose and I had all these black speckles in places I never had blackheads before but all my black heads fell out & are gone since 4th week. Still closed comodones, some are turning into white heads. And every few days I get sporadic smaller cysts and white heads, they heal, clear, and appear in new places- and wash, rinse, repeat! Would be nice if this was my IB ;)

Skin is getting a bit more dry ( by 3-4 afternoon I'm in need of more face moisturizer) eyes feel a little stingy but not persistent or uncomfortable!

Still Vaseline on my lips like crazy, sometimes if they get a bit dry I get a warm wash cloth & exfoliate and it works like a charm!

If you start getting dry prob stop the sylicilic acid- my derm said I can't use any products with this while on accutane so I keep it gentle.

Will continue to check on you! <3

#23 Lilypad89

Lilypad89

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:51 PM

32 days on accutane (started with 10)

7 days on 20 mg

I will be on 20 mg for 2 months.

Left side of face has cleared. Have one dried up bump from last week's IB. One mini whitehead which as harden, but doubt il will come out soon. PLEASE DONT ERUPT.

Other than that, i am happy with my left side,

Right side, 

MY JAW HAS BEEN THE CLEAREST FOR THE YEAR!

The painful cyst under my eye has almost come to a head. It was so hard in the morning, then I peeled off the dry skin to reveal an almost head. 

I AM SO NOT TOUCHING IT, it seems ..painful again. PLEASE GO AWAY. 

I have persistent whiteheads under my chin, that becomes a scab , then whiteheads, then scab. 

I have one dried up pimple under my nose, this is my own fault, like I said, itchy hands.

I am just really afraid, once my skin is at this so called almost clear stage, all I can think of is I want to stop accutane so it remains controlled at this stage :(

I do not want another rollercoaster ride of IB, because I have mild acne to begin with. 

Alright, was positive yest, but feeling scared today!

Dear acne, please go away. 

#24 Lilypad89

Lilypad89

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:01 PM

8 days on 20mg
33 days on accutane

Oh well, shouldn't be too happy about no actives.

Came out 2 on my right jaw which I thought has been the clearest.

Went back to the derm and he gave me shots on the cystic acne. The one under my eye has finally gone down thanks to the shot.

Derm advices me to press on, that the effects of erythromycin will kick in soon.

Tired of all this emotional ride, derm said this looks like it is the worst and told me to just ignore what others say about me.

Seems like I'll be staying on 20mg for two months.

Till then.

#25 Lilypad89

Lilypad89

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:33 PM

I've been on accutane for a month , but my face is still not dry. Anyone have the same problem?

Does this mean accutane is not working on me?

My lips are dry though, my hair too.

#26 lastcenturion

lastcenturion

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

Hey girl! I was on 10mg for about two weeks and I've been upped to 20mg since then (barely been a week). It's almost been a month and I still have quite oily skin :( My lips and hair aren't all that dry either. I don't think I'm having any side effects but then again it's way too early to tell and since we're on quite a low dosage, I don't think they're going to be a severe :)

#27 Lilypad89

Lilypad89

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:17 PM

Hey girl! I was on 10mg for about two weeks and I've been upped to 20mg since then (barely been a week). It's almost been a month and I still have quite oily skin sad.png My lips and hair aren't all that dry either. I don't think I'm having any side effects but then again it's way too early to tell and since we're on quite a low dosage, I don't think they're going to be a severe smile.png

Hello! Haha, at 10 mg I only had dry lips. My derm said it will take a while to kick in. I might have gone past my IB stage, but I am not too sure. Don't want to be too happy about it. I got my IB at 3rd week of 10mg and 1st week of 20mg. 

I got pretty nervous when nothing seems to be drying out too. But then, I guess I shouldn't be complaining. 

How's your progress?

#28 lastcenturion

lastcenturion

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:36 AM

I didn't even have dry lips on 10mgs. I always used to wear lip balm beforehand though so maybe it's more of a prevention thing? Haha idk. I think I've just gone through my IB stage, it was terrible, I had massive breakouts around my mouth and jawline but I don't know if it was a hormonal thing or IB :( It was around the 1st week of 20mg tho. Been a week on 20mg and still no dryness. 

Do you ever get worried being on such a low dosage won't work/give us more chance of a relapse after we finish our course? :( 

#29 Lilypad89

Lilypad89

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:44 PM

I didn't even have dry lips on 10mgs. I always used to wear lip balm beforehand though so maybe it's more of a prevention thing? Haha idk. I think I've just gone through my IB stage, it was terrible, I had massive breakouts around my mouth and jawline but I don't know if it was a hormonal thing or IB sad.png It was around the 1st week of 20mg tho. Been a week on 20mg and still no dryness. 

Do you ever get worried being on such a low dosage won't work/give us more chance of a relapse after we finish our course? sad.png

Hello! I had breakouts all around my jawline too, but now it is so much better. I have mild acne and my weight is 45 kg, so I think that's why my dosage is pretty low.. No over- dryness for me too. No oil for me either, I dont have to blot my face at all. However, after more than 12 hrs of makeup, my jawline starts to feel tight. 

I had my doubts too about it, but I am not complaining as long as I don't see any pimples. I had my doubts because my acne is mild, and I was afraid it will make my face worse and make it more obvious. 

#30 march1987

march1987

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:57 AM

You should consider blood test, maybe your cholestrol is higher than normal, dryness is the first sign that accutane is working. Before starting tane i gave my test to my derm and he said everything is ok. Btw i took my 21st pill and my super oily face turned into a desert. Waking up with no oil has been biggest achivement of accutane so far.

#31 Lilypad89

Lilypad89

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:23 AM

march1987, on 25 Mar 2014 - 15:49, said:
You should consider blood test, maybe your cholestrol is higher than normal, dryness is the first sign that accutane is working. Before starting tane i gave my test to my derm and he said everything is ok. Btw i took my 21st pill and my super oily face turned into a desert. Waking up with no oil has been biggest achivement of accutane so far.

Hello! Last month I had my monthly checkup, and my cholestrol level is fine...haha. I wake up with no oil too, I don't blot BUT my dryness is manageable, no flaking.

Do you think it is because I am using Cetaphil Lotion. that I am well moisturized?

37 days of accutane

Edited by Lilypad89, 25 March 2014 - 03:22 AM.

#32 march1987

march1987

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:54 AM

march1987, on 25 Mar 2014 - 15:49, said:

Hello! Last month I had my monthly checkup, and my cholestrol level is fine...haha. I wake up with no oil too, I don't blot BUT my dryness is manageable, no flaking.
Do you think it is because I am using Cetaphil Lotion. that I am well moisturized?37 days of accutane

It seems youre moisturizing very well, how many times you wash your face? Anyway You should be thankkful, no major dryness or flaking, things that drive me crazy even though i take tane for my super oily face. But its working. Such a relief ha :) waking up with no oil or being out all the day without worrying about damn shining on my face is amazing .

#33 Lilypad89

Lilypad89

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:38 AM

One active which is drying up on my forehead.

The other three looks red but I think drying up.

Was feeling good about it, because I'm only left w the dark marks.

But saw an old course mate and she just had to ask about my face. The first thing she saw.

:(

Some people are so insensitive, like i want all this happening to me.

Edited by Lilypad89, 26 March 2014 - 08:04 AM.

#34 Lilypad89

Lilypad89

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:03 AM

38days on accutane
13 days on 20 mg!

I am having 4 pimples on my face. Is that considered ok?

You think I should ask my derm to push it up to 30mg?

#35 rachelll1995

rachelll1995

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:12 PM

im still breaking out everywhere.......and im day 37 :( 

#36 Lilypad89

Lilypad89

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:18 AM

rachelll1995, on 27 Mar 2014 - 10:04, said:
im still breaking out everywhere.......and im day 37 sad.png

HEYYYYYYYYY YOU //dn4iqhjvtt39e.cloudfront.net/messageboard//public/style_emoticons/default/sad.png

I am not sure how to put down my situation. I have 4 pimples that are drying out and a thousand black marks.

So I am confused myself. Did you go back to your derm?

What type of breakouts are you having? Are you still at 20mg?

#37 Lilypad89

Lilypad89

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:04 AM

39 days of accutane
1st day of 40mg (have been taking them w erythromycin)

I went to my derm today looking sad and stressed out.

He was nice about it, he was very patient and assured me that my acne will get better.

He said I don't think about it and ignore what the rest says. He adviced me to tell people my skin is under renovation.

Now I think I will get drier, and I'm afraid of another IB :(

Will I?

#38 lastcenturion

lastcenturion

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:39 AM

Fingers crossed you won't get another IB! I think the side effects will increase a lot from when you were on 30mg. I'm still on 20mg, I don't know if I should stick to 20mg for the rest of the course or ask the dosage to be upped because I am still breaking out all over my face :( I weigh similarly to you, 41kgs, and I don't know if I would go all the way up to 40mg but I really hope the higher dosage works for you!!!

#39 rachelll1995

rachelll1995

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:08 PM

im having both cystic and whitehead breakouts :( i think its cuz i have a lot of under the skin bumps that are now coming to surface....it really sucks..i dont know if i should get those cortisone shots....would they leave a dent/scar??? 

and im on 50 mg now...i have dry eyes and a bigger hand rash since the upgrade...

lets get through this together and not give up <3

#40 Kim28

Kim28

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:41 PM

Hello!

Day 128 over here, 40 mg throughout my course.

Just wanted to drop by and say - don't give up! I broke out like crazy until about day 30-40. After that, things got slowly better, but it was slow. I continued to get a couple things a week until around day 80. It was hard, because every time things seemed better - bang - another ouchy one would pop up. Even though I could tell things were improving, every pimple that happened was so frustrating.

Knowing that many people don't clear up until around month 3 or 4, I set a goal of day 100 and decided I wasn't going to stress out about it until then. I found this helped my state of mind a lot. It was also a good prediction, because my acne totally stopped a couple weeks before that, so I was clear on day 100 and super proud.

The red marks are frustrating, but I have noticed that even that is looking quite a bit better in the past few weeks.

So hang in there. It is well worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users