Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Retinoid Help

2 posts in this topic

So I went on Tretinoin Cream about 4 months ago and it's really helped me a lot. Out of no where I started to get really bad acne and cysts and then when I went on it it got a lot worse and my skin was so flakey. But I'm out of the purging/flaking stage now and my acne is so much better but I still get around 3-4 new pimples a week. It's not that big of a deal because they go away relatively quickly and I'm pretty good at covering it with makeup, but I was just wondering if the retinoid cream is going to continue to improve my skin and the amount of zits I get or if this is as good as it gets

So I went on Tretinoin Cream about 4 months ago and it's really helped me a lot. Out of no where I started to get really bad acne and cysts and then when I went on it it got a lot worse and my skin was so flakey. But I'm out of the purging/flaking stage now and my acne is so much better but I still get around 3-4 new pimples a week. It's not that big of a deal because they go away relatively quickly and I'm pretty good at covering it with makeup, but I was just wondering if the retinoid cream is going to continue to improve my skin and the amount of zits I get or if this is as good as it gets

Tretinoin is a good treatment and preventative. If you have acne that worsens during your menstrual cycle, you may want to add BCP or spiro.