tretinoin retinoid retin-a

1 reply to this topic

#1 aluxeruzzo

aluxeruzzo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:04 PM

So I went on Tretinoin Cream about 4 months ago and it's really helped me a lot. Out of no where I started to get really bad acne and cysts and then when I went on it it got a lot worse and my skin was so flakey. But I'm out of the purging/flaking stage now and my acne is so much better but I still get around 3-4 new pimples a week. It's not that big of a deal because they go away relatively quickly and I'm pretty good at covering it with makeup, but I was just wondering if the retinoid cream is going to continue to improve my skin and the amount of zits I get or if this is as good as it gets

#2 Michelle Reece

Michelle Reece

Skin care fanatic and scientific stickler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, playing video games and bird watching.

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:43 PM

So I went on Tretinoin Cream about 4 months ago and it's really helped me a lot. Out of no where I started to get really bad acne and cysts and then when I went on it it got a lot worse and my skin was so flakey. But I'm out of the purging/flaking stage now and my acne is so much better but I still get around 3-4 new pimples a week. It's not that big of a deal because they go away relatively quickly and I'm pretty good at covering it with makeup, but I was just wondering if the retinoid cream is going to continue to improve my skin and the amount of zits I get or if this is as good as it gets

Tretinoin is a good treatment and preventative. If you have acne that worsens during your menstrual cycle, you may want to add BCP or spiro.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users