Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Benzoyl Peroxide With Clindamycin/tretinoin

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I just recently started suffering with acne like a couple months ago. I started trying many regimens like benzoyl peroxide and salyctic acid. Nothing really helped. I went to the doctor and he told me to go on Clindamycin/Tretinoin (Veltin) and he said it would be okay to use benzoyl peroxide with it. He said that it should take about 2 months to see the full effect. I haven't seen any major improvements because I'm still breaking out more than ever. Is this normal?

Now my routine is:

Morning:

Regular energizing Clean & Clear facewash

Benzoyl peroxide

Nighttime:

Regular nighttime Clean & Clear facewash

Clindamcyin/Tretinoin

Hello everyone. I just recently started suffering with acne like a couple months ago. I started trying many regimens like benzoyl peroxide and salyctic acid. Nothing really helped. I went to the doctor and he told me to go on Clindamycin/Tretinoin (Veltin) and he said it would be okay to use benzoyl peroxide with it. He said that it should take about 2 months to see the full effect. I haven't seen any major improvements because I'm still breaking out more than ever. Is this normal?

Now my routine is:

Morning:

Regular energizing Clean & Clear facewash

Benzoyl peroxide

Nighttime:

Regular nighttime Clean & Clear facewash

Clindamcyin/Tretinoin

Wait another month or two and see how it goes. I'm assuming you haven't applied it every night from the beginning.

Keep it up for a bit longer. Things usually get worse before they get better.

Yeah thats all anyone ever tells you with acne, is just keep waiting. The BP and clindamycin are supposed to be a real good combo. Drink a gallon of water every day.

And does Tretinoin/Clindamycin work long term or do I have to keep having to use it every night after things clear up?

Typically, the clindamyacin will stop working after a few months, but by then your skin should be used to the retin a and you won't need the clindamyacin. Be careful not to use BP at least 8 hours within the time you use retin a. They don't mix well. If I were you, I would switch out the BP for tea tree oil, but if the BP is working, stick with it! Also retin a takes a really long time to start working, and it may get worse before it gets better.