Red, Itchy, Irritated Skin

1 reply to this topic

#1 CreamBellhop

CreamBellhop

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

I have been on the regimen for a month. I recently started aha. My skin is improving very slowly but I am having trouble with how irritated my skin is. I added in jojojba oil and still is super dry and angry. I try to be gentle but I wake up scratching at my face and neck every night this happens how can I stop it if I'm sleeping? I haven't even been able to get up to the full dose of bp because of my skin being so dry and irritated already. I sure hope this gets better....

#2 Michelle Reece

Michelle Reece

Skin care fanatic and scientific stickler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, playing video games and bird watching.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:54 PM

I have been on the regimen for a month. I recently started aha. My skin is improving very slowly but I am having trouble with how irritated my skin is. I added in jojojba oil and still is super dry and angry. I try to be gentle but I wake up scratching at my face and neck every night this happens how can I stop it if I'm sleeping? I haven't even been able to get up to the full dose of bp because of my skin being so dry and irritated already. I sure hope this gets better....

Stop using the BP.

Patch test on your wrist or elbow. Wait 24-48 hours for a reaction.

Use a "heavy" moisturizer like Aquaphor or Vanicream. Apply 1% hydrocortisone cream when really itchy, and follow the directions.

Use sunscreen with SPF 30+.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users