26 replies to this topic

#21 Valerie91

Valerie91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:56 AM

Hey! 

Just to note I didn't mean to disregard your efforts by any means. My point is that whilst you experimenting with various acne treatments, make sure you don't be to harsh on your skin :) Tbh I applaud your mission, despite the fact that you already achieved clear skin with BP and could stop right there ;)

Initially I didn't care much to go "all natural" about acne treatment, it's only after I've started to experience these side effects of BP when I felt like maybe I should take it slower but with less harm. Again I am not saying I won't go back to BP... but somehow it's much more challenging than I thought... and really if more gentle/natural way won't give the results I want, I can always go back to BP and just stick with it no matter what... though it would be so nice if I could avoid that rolleyes.gif

#22 SavvyLemming

SavvyLemming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:17 PM

I've recently went off all BP and all over the counter treatments, now only use a mild cleanser and 100% TTO on spots. I've been clear for months for the first time in my life. So I can't say I agree with your findings on 100% TTO.

#23 ttomp13

ttomp13

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:28 PM

Hey! 

Just to note I didn't mean to disregard your efforts by any means. My point is that whilst you experimenting with various acne treatments, make sure you don't be to harsh on your skin smile.png Tbh I applaud your mission, despite the fact that you already achieved clear skin with BP and could stop right there wink.png

Initially I didn't care much to go "all natural" about acne treatment, it's only after I've started to experience these side effects of BP when I felt like maybe I should take it slower but with less harm. Again I am not saying I won't go back to BP... but somehow it's much more challenging than I thought... and really if more gentle/natural way won't give the results I want, I can always go back to BP and just stick with it no matter what... though it would be so nice if I could avoid that 

Hey :) No worries, I know that you didn't mean anything in poor way. I totally agree with what you're saying, and I honestly would love to review each product for 3 months, or even a month at least, but there are so many acne products I want to touch up on, I simply wouldn't have enough time to hit everything if I did this long of a study. So know that I totally appreciate what you're saying. :)

I'm glad you're open-minded with the idea of switching back over to bp. I just want you to get the results you want to get. Whether that means using 420nm blue light therapy, bp, tto, or any other acne treatment, I want you to get clear. :) And when you do get the results you want, share them with us. :) Because chances are, I will give your solution a shot. :P

I've recently went off all BP and all over the counter treatments, now only use a mild cleanser and 100% TTO on spots. I've been clear for months for the first time in my life. So I can't say I agree with your findings on 100% TTO.

I'm so glad you had a positive experience with tea tree oil, because I know a lot of people do. Maybe we need to start looking at the brand(s) of tea tree oil that we're actually using. That could be the key. And it could also be that a spot treatment for TTO is more effective than spreading it over the entire face. Although, if you get to know me, I'm a fan of treating acne before it forms, which is why I'm not a big fan of spot treatments.

Nevertheless, I applaud your results with tto. :) I'm glad that it's working for some people out there, even if it's not working for me. That's the funny thing about acne, there are multiple solutions that will yield the same desired results. For you, it's TTO, for me, it's Dan Kern's Regimen. For someone else, it may be something else. That is what I love about finding the solution. :)

#24 Valerie91

Valerie91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

Btw answering your question, I have been to sauna but that was a long time ago and I guess it must be effective when done on a regular basis...

What was your experience with sauna? 

#25 ttomp13

ttomp13

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:03 PM

Btw answering your question, I have been to sauna but that was a long time ago and I guess it must be effective when done on a regular basis...

What was your experience with sauna? 

I had a great sauna experience. :) It always seemed to add a special glow and smoothness to my skin. Mind you, I was also following Dan's Regimen. The only annoying thing is, with a benzoyl peroxide regimen, is when the sweat sometimes seems to carry the bp into your eyes. If you can get past this, or simply wipe the sweat away before it hits your eyes, or use the sauna prior to washing your face, you will see awesome results.

I think David the Skin King has also had positive sauna experiences.

His video is here, but again, I can't remember what he said about it. (I'm in school lol or I would watch it.)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=muiNt7yFaUA

#26 Valerie91

Valerie91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

Hey) 

Hows it going with TTO experiment?

I just got back from holidays and feeling ready for the full force acne battle! On your blog you recommend Simple Replenishing moisturizer, I did some research online and now thinking should I go for the Simple Protecting Light (with spf) moisturizer instead? 

What do you think? 

Edited by Valerie91, 21 April 2014 - 05:24 PM.

#27 Sh3y

Sh3y

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:38 PM

I struggled with pretty severe stress induced acne when I moved to the city, which also happened to cause my hormones to become unbalanced because of irregular sleep patterns and I believe going out and drinking, and or smoking once in a while.
I used tea tree oil religiously, believing it would work as good as BP, which I has also tried. I found BP over drying... and made my skin hyper sensitive to sunlight, where as working outside, kinda became an issue.
Anywho, tea tree oil also has that effect. I used it quite regularly for about a year or more before saying, f**k it. it's not helping.
my skin is crazy sensitive and I think it was just too strong and became an irritant. (even if I diluted it)
now im trying something new, and its working!
Running at least 4 times a week for at least 30 mins, eating healthy, juicing veggies if I don't get enough, cleansing with apple cider vinegar and moisturizing with Kalaya face cream, and also fresh aloe vera. seems to be working!
be weary of tea tree oil those who have sensitive skin... just a warning from a friend :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users