acne claravis

4 replies to this topic

#1 baren

baren

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:51 PM

I am currently taking claravis and due to a number of things I won't be able to get my medicine and it looks like I will be going without it foe about a week to 2 weeks. After that I would immediately start going back on it. I was just wondering if I would see some serious effects due to this? For more info I am just about to be finishing month number 3. I was on 40 mg for the first two months, and 60 mg for the third. The 4th month I won't be able to start in about one to two weeks. Thanks

#2 Michelle Reece

Michelle Reece

Skin care fanatic and scientific stickler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, playing video games and bird watching.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:08 AM

I am currently taking claravis and due to a number of things I won't be able to get my medicine and it looks like I will be going without it foe about a week to 2 weeks. After that I would immediately start going back on it. I was just wondering if I would see some serious effects due to this? For more info I am just about to be finishing month number 3. I was on 40 mg for the first two months, and 60 mg for the third. The 4th month I won't be able to start in about one to two weeks. Thanks

Possible flare, but likelier because of coincidence.

Good luck on your course!

#3 megtree

megtree

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Everything! Seriously.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:51 AM

I don't think it will be too horrible. Other people have talked about being off of it for a while and not having any significant effects. You will have to take the medication for a bit longer to reach your cumulative dose, but I wouldn't be too concerned. 

#4 Kim28

Kim28

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:58 PM

I was out of pills for 6 days once due to a series of mishaps, also right before the beginning of my fourth month. My lips became slightly less dry and it was sort of nice. That was all that happened.

#5 VioletAsh

VioletAsh

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:47 PM

Vitamin A stored in your liver can stick around up to 6 months. I had to go a week without my prescription and my derm said it was fine and that it stays in your system for at least a month.

Edited by VioletAsh, 06 March 2014 - 09:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users