Photo

How Far Would You Go Just To Have Flawless Skin?

how far would you just have flawless skin

21 replies to this topic

#1 CouldntThinkOfAUsername

CouldntThinkOfAUsername

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:00 AM

How far would you go, just for perfect skin?

Thought I'd make a thread just to see how far everyone would go to have completely clear skin, no acne, no scars, no hyper pigmentation, just 100% clear!

For example, if you had quite severe nodulocystic acne, would you choose to endure something like 5 years in jail just to come out with flawless skin for the rest of your life?

It's gonna be interesting to see what people will come up with, be as creative as you can!! smile.png

#2 MattSpencer

MattSpencer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

id genuinely give up my left hand if it meant having a lifetime of flawless skin

#3 LuckyDory

LuckyDory

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:09 PM

If someone approached me and in turn for my deed I would be granted with my original skibn again, there is not one thing I would not do to get it back. I would do anything!

#4 Fare Thee Well

Fare Thee Well

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Guitar, Old classic movies & music, Jimi Hendrix, 12 string guitars, traveling (but i have not done that in a while), & fitness (but i also haven't done that in a long time)

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:17 PM

I WILL KILL A MAN

#5 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:58 AM

I would rather die a few years early than have flawless skin in my 20s.

#6 Lynn8808

Lynn8808

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, psychology, behavioral science, volunteering. Mainly, obtaining clear skin.

Achievements

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:38 PM

I am honestly scared of the things I would do to obtain completely clear skin. To me, it's the equivalent to being the richest, most powerful person in the world...  

#7 tanna23

tanna23

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Getting the clearest skin possible on my face, chest and back before my wedding next year. I don't want a single pimple or a single mark anywhere on my body.

Achievements

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:10 PM

If the devil offered to buy my soul for clear skin it wouldn't do it... Anything else I'd be up for though.

#8 patienceisvirtue

patienceisvirtue

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

If I knew that I would definately br able to clear up.... I would have PATIENCE!! OH GOD ... SOMETIMES i can be soo impatient that I wouldnt even last for a second

#9 sleptember

sleptember

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me
  • Interests:Healthy eating, art cinema, feminism, dogs, writing, all things queer.

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:05 PM

What I wouldn't give up: a family member, my intelligence, or any of my talents.

I'd give up: junk food for life. 

#10 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:42 AM

What I wouldn't give up: a family member, my intelligence, or any of my talents.

How come you got acne in Africa. So much sunshine and natural stuff out there.

Edited by Binga, 10 March 2014 - 01:42 AM.

#11 sleptember

sleptember

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me
  • Interests:Healthy eating, art cinema, feminism, dogs, writing, all things queer.

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

African countries are industrialized as well if you didn't know. I have to take extra care to seek out organic vegetables and pasture raised meat. It is cheaper than in Western countries, but it does require some effort to obtain. 

As for the sunshine: I do get to sunbathe a lot, that's for sure, but like anyone else with a desk job and an internet connection I don't spend my entire day in the sun.

There are a lot of people in Africa with acne. Just being here doesn't mean you won't get it! Personally, my acne is caused by hormonal imbalance, insulin resistance, possibly hypothyroidism, and perhaps magnesium malabsorption. Simply eating fresh, whole foods and sitting in the sun isn't enough - I have to be strategic about the foods I eat and the nutrients I take in to address the imbalance. 

Edited by sleptember, 10 March 2014 - 01:14 PM.

#12 cupcakejess

cupcakejess

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:13 PM

I would give up cupcakes.

#13 tanna23

tanna23

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Getting the clearest skin possible on my face, chest and back before my wedding next year. I don't want a single pimple or a single mark anywhere on my body.

Achievements

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:03 AM

I was actually thinking the same thing. All the Africans who come here, especially Nigerians, look like they bathe in milk and honey. They're all super smooth and one colour... :( no spots anywhere. They have skin like babies.
Guess I thought all Africans look like that. I used to think I should just eat what they all eat and my skin would clear up. But it didn't work.

#14 Fare Thee Well

Fare Thee Well

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Guitar, Old classic movies & music, Jimi Hendrix, 12 string guitars, traveling (but i have not done that in a while), & fitness (but i also haven't done that in a long time)

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:35 PM

Okay I wouldn't kill a man 

To be honest i kinda like the fact that I have acne

^ Having acne has humbled me down, so that's a good thing for me! hifive.gif

#15 jessikur55

jessikur55

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Doctor Who♥ Lana del Rey♥ and finding a cure for my damn acne. </3

Achievements

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:33 PM

I would sell my soul to the devil, cut off my left arm, rip out my uterus, I could go on forever. I just want to be pretty and not have this hideous crap on my face for everyone to look at.

#16 sunsetdream

sunsetdream

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:41 PM

I would give up wifi, the internet, tv/movies, my phone, ipod, my laptop, anything first world technology based because I am so dependent on that kind of stuff. I think that would be a good enough sacrifice to have clear skin since almost everyone uses those technologies everyday and even the thought of giving up some of those things gives people mini heart attacks lol i mean people cry over broken iphones and bad wifi connection

#17 Solis1

Solis1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, skateboarding, movies, xbox,and hangin out.

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:58 PM

If I had the opportunity to have 100% clear skin in exchange for something, I would give up my first born son. Lol jk
Seriously though i I would give up junk food, xbox, cursing, or up to 20% percent of all my income for the rest of my life.

#18 Polyester Girl

Polyester Girl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

Everyone would think I am a horrible person that deserves acne if they heard all I was willing to do. One of the people above me said "I'd give up my first born son... just kidding" but seriously, I think I actually would. Especially considering the fact that looking and feeling the way I do with my acne and scars, it will be near impossible to find a husband who wants to have a baby with me anyway. As the saying goes, "you can't love anyone until you love yourself."

I would definitely do everything that has already been mentioned, like lose my arm (preferrably my left arm) and give up technology. I actually came across a girl at uni in a wheelchair and at first I thought, she must have a hard life, but then I noticed she had the most beautiful face with perfect skin, and I would have given anything to trade places with her.

There is only one thing I can think of that I would not do even if it meant clear skin: being completely paralized from head down. Not much point having clear skin if you are just lying there like a vegetable and can't show it off, right?

#19 ryanz

ryanz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:17 AM

interesting question and responses, i thought i would give up anything in the world for a clear skin but you know what, i'd rather give up the laziness and get my ass up and fight for it.

#20 strangeStranger

strangeStranger

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:06 PM

There's not a thing that I wouldn't do to have flawless skin really... It's so hard living like this... especially when you're sorounded by all of the perfect skined people. It's like we're in high school and I'm almost the only one with bad skin... It's depressing and I feel like I'm not good enough, and that everyone is better just because they have beautiful skin. I've tried everything and nothing seems to help, so maybe I should just give up and accept the fact that I'm worthless... :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users