retin a tretinoin milia cystic acne

1 reply to this topic

#1 zulu59

zulu59

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:37 AM

Hey y'all. so i have milia (those small bumps that NEVER seem to go away) pretty much COVERING my cheeks completely, as well as a bit of cystic acne. weirdly, my forehead is pretty much the only part of my face that is completely clear. my derm doc put me on retin a cream and amox-clav. i'm just curious if anyone has seen improvements in their milia or skin texture regarding bumpiness on the retin a. i've only been on it about 3 or so weeks, and i'm already seeing a pretty drastic initial breakout...i'm trying to get through it and not give up, but it's awfully embarrassing- i don't even want to see my friends! anyway, i'm just hoping and praying that a combo of retin a, anti-biotics and extractions will clear my skin. any insight would be much appreciated!

thanks

#2 iika18

iika18

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:16 AM

Hi! Sadly, I also have those small bumps that does not seem to go away. I've been using retin a for almost 12 weeks now, although most huge pimples are sprouting up less frequently than before, I'm not sure if retin a is working on the small bumps. I think it's actually lessening but I can't really say because my skin texture still is not that great, it seems.. uneven? I don't know but I read somewhere a few weeks ago that some people do have complaints about skin texture because of retin a and that I should just lessen my use as of now to every other night or something. Sorry, I have bad memory!!! T_T But I'm still hopeful! I just read in another thread that it will have to take over 12 weeks to see actual results to start from retin a so I'm still waiting for it eusa_pray.gif

Good luck! I hope you'll see great results from using retin a surprised.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users