Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Using Aha As A Wash?

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

i recently bought the AHA from the acne.org store and i usually use it as directed in the regimen. But i was wondering if i could substitute it for the face wash and use the AHA as a face wash instead with BP?

So using AHA as a face wash and BP applied afterwards?

Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean...are you trying to use Dan's AHA cream as a face wash? Because I don't think that would work because it's not a cleanser, and it's a cream, you can't wash it off like with a cleanser? Also, I'm curious as to why you want to stop using the cleanser to begin with?

I would advise against it...unless you mean you're trying to substitute the cleanser with a different cleanser that has AHA in it??

How I Stay Clear:
AM: Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Foam Wash, Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion, Cetaphil DermaControl Oil-Absorbing Lotion (SPF30)
PM: Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Foam Wash, Tactuo (Epiduo), MUAC 10% Mandelic Acid Serum
Extras: Diane 35 (since July 2 2013), Borghese Fango Delicato Mud Mask (2x/week), 25% Mandelic Acid Peel (2x/week)

My personal log here:

Yes I agree with the previous post. The AHA from the Regimen is a cream not a cleanser. You can get cleansers that have AHA in them if that is what you want. From what I have read most people don't think that there is much point in having AHA in a cleanser because you rinse it off so it is not on your skin long enough to do any good.