Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Have No Idea What This Is Anymore

15 posts in this topic

been battling acne or a sort of redness for a while now, i'm at a sort of high point in it, but i've never been able to fully clear my face from whatever it is that's making my face red

http://i.imgur.com/dhVwzgX.jpg

any help/advice would be greatly appreciated

1 person likes this

My face is similar. I blame it on being fair skinned, years of harsh acne products, and Accutane.

Absorica Aug 2013 -Feb2014

Claravis March 211 - July 2011

Do you two have a history of rosacea in the family? It more often occurs in females, but men still get it.

My face is similar. I blame it on being fair skinned, years of harsh acne products, and Accutane.

that could be a possibility for my face, i basically spent a year trying all sorts of stuff that didn't do a thing, then just recently i've found a sort of routine that works for me, has yours cleared up any? and yes i'm quite pale too, i'm sure that doesn't help

>Do you two have a history of rosacea in the family? It more often occurs in females, but men still get it.

that could be a possibility for my face, i basically spent a year trying all sorts of stuff that didn't do a thing, then just recently i've found a sort of routine that works for me, has yours cleared up any? and yes i'm quite pale too, i'm sure that doesn't help

>Do you two have a history of rosacea in the family? It more often occurs in females, but men still g

et it.

my mom doesn't really have it, and my dad definitely doesn't, the most the rest of my family will get is sort of mild acne when we're stressed, so i'm a little confused

>Do you two have a history of rosacea in the family? It more often occurs in females, but men still g

et it.

my mom doesn't really have it, and my dad definitely doesn't, the most the rest of my family will get is sort of mild acne when we're stressed, so i'm a little confused

et it.

Is the redness the same on your other cheek? I have a reddish face, too, but it's because of my pale skin.

Try sunscreen! Redness can fade on its own to some extent. Of course, that depends what causes it. But you can prevent more redness from appearing.

Use SPF 30+ and follow directions. Physical sunscreens with titanium dioxide and zinc oxide are probably the best. Follow directions.

And yes, winter doesn't save you from sun burn. Snow reflects UV light, clouds don't stop much, and windows don't save you either.

What are you using on your face right now for your acne?

Absorica Aug 2013 -Feb2014

Claravis March 211 - July 2011

Have you considered that it might be keratosis pilaris rubra faceii?

Did you figure out what was it ?

i have the same condition .... Im a female please help

This is my skin. Always broken out. Always oily. Always red and inflamed. Nothing works.

Current Health Strategy

Supplements: Vitamin D3, krill oil, zinc, and comprehensive detox protocol by Bio-Botanical Research. 

Diet: 100% paleo since circa 2014. Recently began including grass-fed liver; bone broth; fermented foods; and more greens into my diet. I cannot stress enough that healing your gut is critical to overcoming acne and all other related health issues. Sleep, exercise, stress management, and social interaction are also very important.

Status as of 04/15/2016: Renu 28 honestly seems to have helped my skin. Usually I am very skeptical of topical treatments because acne is the result of hidden internal stressors (hormones, gut bacteria, food sensitivities, blood sugar response, etc.) but this seems to have provided some level of relief.