cystic acne

6 replies to this topic

#1 Whamper

Whamper

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:20 PM

I've recently started getting cystic acne on my face near my chin. Right now I only have one spot and it's very painful, red, noticeable. 

I don't know how to deal with this though!? I keep reading that cystic acne leaves permanent scars!? I cannot have a scar here, this is in the T Zone. How do I get rid of it? Will it go away on its own? It's been almost 5 days now. I read it can take WEEKS for it go away ... how true is this?

I'm confused because my skin was fine before this. 

#2 mrsrobinson

mrsrobinson

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:50 PM

one spot?  you are very lucky, you know on this site we have more then one....but cystic acne is distressing and it hurts

but for one spot, relax, you get one a week or even a month then let's talk

they don't always leave a scar, just leave it alone....if you really want it to shrink and it hurts find a good derm to do an injection of kenalog

but for one spot, don't sweat it, it could be anything...just let it go that really is the best thing and yes it can take several weeks

#3 NadiaaSzoma

NadiaaSzoma

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

I think to prevent scars you should not pop it at all. Just use some hot compress, so that it can form a whitehead.
Usaully, the T-zone area is where most cysts are likely to be because thats where its most likely to produce more oil. But just don't touch the cyst, it will gradually dry out.

#4 Greggg

Greggg

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Fishing, video games, hunting, women ;)

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:25 PM

I use to stress over my chin awhile back I  was getting spots ...now I would give my left nut to go back to that. I have spots all over  now.  just leave it alone and you will be fine. its just a small area on your face, chill!

also if you drink lots of beer. cut back.

#5 micheleb

micheleb

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

Your cystic acne might not be as bad as my friend Graciela (in the photo) but she used SkinCerity and now enjoys beautiful clear skin.  If you want more information, please let me know..

Attached Files

#6 iloveGod

iloveGod

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:music, travelling, research

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:45 PM

whatever you do, please don't touch/press it

#7 CiciBabyGirl

CiciBabyGirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I love pugs!, I prefer natural methods for everything but I know sometimes that just doesn't work

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:13 PM

Just leave it alone. I get the occasional one like that. It's tempting to try to pop it so it doesn't hurt anymore, but that's when you have more chance of developing a permanent scar. I find I get those ones when my hormones are out of whack. I've found using a combination of BP and AHA on the pimple help. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users