Photo

Anyone Managed To Get Rid Of Post Inflamatory Hyperpigmentation Through Diet Alone?

2 replies to this topic

#1 zavvi

zavvi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

share your stories of those of you that even tried and sucess stories how was it?

#2 dscully

dscully

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:36 PM

This type of hyperpigmentation goes away on its own when the source of the inflammation is gone. I had lots of bright red marks, and they are almost completely gone. I no longer break out (unless I am bad and eat one of my trigger foods on the weekend... *cough*). Foods that are good for your skin are also foods that lower inflammation like dark leafy green vegetables, fish, carrots, beets, curries, egg yolks, and other "clean" foods. Natural gelatin is excellent for skin and I put it in all the soups I make because it helps with healing the body overall. My skin texture is very good, but some pink marks remain though they are quickly fading.

An excellent health tonic that I drink is a beautifully-colored juice made from 5-6 carrots, a beet, and an apple. I have found this juice to be highly anti-inflammatory and have been drinking it every day for several months. It has helped immensely with skin health and radiance as well as improving my winter coloring. I am very fair and I find that it gives me a pinkish golden glow... no doubt from all the colorful pigments in the carrots and beets. If your acne is under control with diet, rest assured the pigmentation will eventually go away. Other types of marks and scarring are often permanent, so count yourself lucky you only have hyperpigmentation.

Suffered from acne as a young adult that went into remission when put on hormonal birth control. Went off the HBC around age 22 and the acne returned with a vengeance (along with a host of other hormonal complaints). 100% clear with a modified diet that excludes dairy, sugars, grains, citrus and cured meats and emphasizes whole food-based nutrition from both plant and animal sources, most notably organ meats like liver and juiced whole vegetables. I have included a recipe for the most helpful juice I have come up with for skin complaints. I drink it every day, and it is invaluable for acne due to the large amounts of vitamin A (carotenoids) from both the carrots and beets. It also helps improve your coloring if you are very fair, giving you a pinkish, more radiant look (not orange. Don't worry!).

Magic Juice

In a juicer, combine:

5-6 carrots

1 medium beet

2-3 stalks of celery

1 small apple (Green is preferred. Omit if you are very sugar-sensitive)

1 small (1inch) piece of ginger (optional, but good for digestion)

This makes a variable amount of juice depending on the size of the vegetables you use.

Drink this throughout the morning until it's gone. Store in the fridge not longer than one day.

Having perfectly clear skin on my wedding day was worth all the headache and effort of figuring out how diet affects acne!

10253792_10152330899888950_7455033623381

#3 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:02 PM

I doubt anyone could tell how successful diet  has been specifically on hyperpigmentation.  it fades eventually so long as you stop doing things that cause it like break out.  And as Scully said, an anti-infammatory diet reduces breakouts.  There are some nutrients that affect melatonin.  Niacinimide, for example. But it can be even more affective topically.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users