35 replies to this topic

#21 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:57 AM

Everything Paige said is good.

Above all else, stabilize hormones by keeping your blood sugar stable. This has the added benefit of being good for absolutely everything to do with your health. And eat real, whole nutrient rich foods to provide the nutrients your body uses to regulate hormones.

Edited by alternativista, 17 February 2014 - 07:58 AM.

#22 Jayboy

Jayboy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:43 PM

There's a topic on this page about masturbating being the cause, or worsening of some peoeples acne. I'm sure it was a combination of things -- you were probably eating healthier foods in the hospital (or hardly eating at all, which depending on how often you were eating, your body could have been in states of fasting and therefore allowing for your body to heal faster) or my theory -- masturbation. Do you jerk off a lot? I get 95% clear whenever I abstain, regardless of any diet changes or any other factors in my life. Of course you probably can't stop altgether, but try greatly reducing the frequency and see if it helps keep you clear smile.png

http://www.acne.org/...on-causes-acne/

Edited by Jayboy, 17 February 2014 - 11:46 PM.

#23 damnitgoaway

damnitgoaway

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:20 AM

I suppose i was eating healthier to begin with (say a month) and then after that i asked to be put on the pediatric menu so it was like adult portions of kids meals, fish fingers and the likes.. So i wouldn't say i was eating that healthy for the whole period of hospitalization, i certainly wasn't eating healthy once i started to get better, i was living off of slush puppies and Doritos from the downstairs canteen haha. While i was in there i was 'nil by mouth' quite alot while i was waiting for operations. And i don't masturbate myself but my Mrs does it for me, and that makes it 100x harder to avoid 1. She will think im acting weird and uninterested and 2. It feels 100x better when someone else does it for you.
i think the two most plausible reasons are, my hormones where balanced and i was only washing with water. I'm now on day two of only showering with water, of course today im going to have to use shampoo as my hair will get greasy otherwise

Edited by damnitgoaway, 18 February 2014 - 04:52 AM.

#24 Dolan Duck

Dolan Duck

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:45 AM

Indeed it does mate and who would say no to blowjob???!! Who gives a f*** about acne, girl just suck my d***. tongue.png

#25 damnitgoaway

damnitgoaway

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:52 AM

Hell yeah Dolan Duck! You got it! Haha

#26 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:43 AM

I doubt you were eating healthy in the hospital. Not if the options were anything like what was served at the two hospitals my mother stayed in after her strokes. I cannot believe they expect anyone to heal from anything on that crap. Not just the lack of nutrients, but also the amount of sugar & refined carbs allowed. Fortunately, I was there to supplement with some real food like sweet potatoes, spinach, avocados & berries.

#27 Dolan Duck

Dolan Duck

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:15 AM

I love sweet potatoes! Too bad all the sweet potatoes that are sold in my country (Finland) come a long way from USA and the price gets quite high, but I still eat sweet potatoes once every day, yummy!

#28 Jayboy

Jayboy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:56 AM

Well I'm not sure how washing your face with only water is going to help balance your hormones, but yeah give it a try! Like you said it's much harder to give up masturbation when there's a partner involved, could definitely cause issues in a relationship, so hopefully you find a different way to stay clear :)

#29 damnitgoaway

damnitgoaway

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:13 AM

Well obviously washing with just water isn't going to do anything to my hormones, but yeah in gonna give it a go and if it doesn't clear me atall then i will come back to blaming my hormone levels :)

#30 Dolan Duck

Dolan Duck

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:25 AM

I'm sure anything is better for washing face than head & shoulders, it contains s*itloads of SLES and SLS. I know some say that SLES is ok but it makes my skin dry as f***. And SLS is just plain devil.

#31 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

People use H & S because of the zinc. Zinc is good. Look for other ounces of topical zinc. There are cream & ointments. But I would try mineral powder makeup, or order just the zinc powder from a site that sells ingredients for people to make their own. There's a lst in he cosmetics board.

#32 paigems

paigems

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:11 PM

Silk naturals has a sheer zinc powder for very cheap.

Edited by paigems, 18 February 2014 - 07:11 PM.

#33 damnitgoaway

damnitgoaway

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:13 AM

Yes the zinc in the H&S definately helps! Before i started using it my acne was mild but i wasn't photogenic, so my blemishes ect. Would show up in a photo but since using it my acne has become even milder and im now photogenic :) it flattened all my spots and turnt them into mere blemishes :) but it doesn't seem to do anymore than that!
if this zinc powder you speak of is makeup then of course im not going to use it in male haha :)

#34 paigems

paigems

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:13 AM

The zinc powder isn't makeup. It's more of a powdered sunscreen. You could even wear it when you sleep if you didn't want to during the day.

Edited by paigems, 19 February 2014 - 11:14 AM.

#35 damnitgoaway

damnitgoaway

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:42 PM

Oh i see.. Hmmm :)

#36 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:39 PM

That would be why I recommended you buy the ingredient rather than the makeup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users