acne red marks ugly

4 replies to this topic

#1 emilovik

emilovik

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:00 AM

hi i am 15 and i have have horrible acne and i dont know what to do i have tried everything and eat really healthy. right know i am taking zinc and tetracyclin pills and i dosent really work please give me some good advise cause i am lost and sad.cry.gif

Attached Files

#2 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:53 AM

i would use a gentle face wash and then a good toner (something with glycolic acid in it) and some sort of bp. proactiv is pretty good and i love their toner but you need to use a very good moisturizer with it to avoid irritating the skin. they sell products on this site too that are supposed to be great too. if you dont want to go the bp route you can try a retinoid such as retin-a, differin or tazorac. they can be harsh but if you work your way up slowly you should be fine.  if you aren't having any luck on tetracycline ask to switch to minocycline or doxycycline. those antibiotics work pretty good and should kick in pretty fast. good luck to you! 

also your skin isnt that bad at all be happy you dont have cysts or anything. those are the worst!

Edited by tracy521, 12 February 2014 - 08:57 AM.

#3 chunkylard

chunkylard

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:08 AM

That's horrific? 

eusa_think.gif

#4 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:57 AM

^ Peoples definitions of 'horrific' or 'severe' are personal to themselves. You cannot compare one individuals case to another - whether it be mild or severe, it still really sucks to have noticeable acne. To me, my acne is horrific - to you it may just be a few spots. 

#5 greenmoonlore

greenmoonlore

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:59 PM

I bought some retin a max strength on ebay. My horrific scarring cystic acne that had been aflicting me for months after using diy vit c serum went away in five weeks!!!! Now retin a and scar cream are helping with scarring. I'm using zinc sun block during the day to avoid hyperpigmentation on the scars. My skin is soooo much better. 

I mix the retin a with acne.org moisterizer to thin it out. Skin will peel. Zits come off and so do all the gunk inside. Like plugs falling out. amazing. I have pictures but they are gross. 

Benzoyl can be used during the day and retin a at night. retin a will make your skin take the benzoyl better. Don't use at the same time, tho. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users