hyperpigmentation redness red marks acne pictures

2 replies to this topic

#1 whatever9385

whatever9385

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:10 AM

Hey, guys. I'm unsure what to do. I've suffered from mild acne for a few years now and it's finally subsided. I get a pimple once in a blue moon, but my main concern is the red marks that were left behind. It feels like they've been there forever and I don't know what to do. I recently bought "6 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)" in hopes it'd clear them up. Below are some photos of my skin (sorry haven't shaved in a bit) What should I do? I don't want these red marks anymore. "Time" hasn't done anything. What do I do? Can anyone recommend some products? A routine aimed specifically at reducing red marks left behind? I don't have to worry about cystic acid, etc. I just want to get rid of this "hyperpigmentation!" Thank you.

Attached Thumbnails

• tumblr_n0vcb2Kb7R1r2ehayo1_1280.jpg
  • tumblr_n0vcb2Kb7R1r2ehayo2_1280.jpg

#2 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:57 AM

Topic moved to scars and red marks forum.

AHA would be a good option for targeting hyperpigmentation - just remember that it takes time and patience too.

Using a good SPF is also something to start doing if you don't already as it can help prevent hyperpigmentation from getting worse and it's also important to use while on AHA as AHA makes your skin more sensitive to the sun. 

#3 Michelle Reece

Michelle Reece

Skin care fanatic and scientific stickler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, playing video games and bird watching.

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:58 AM

Do you know how long you've had these red marks? Red marks can take 6 to 8 months or more to go away.

You should use SPF 30+ sunscreen regardless. Sun damage can make red marks heal longer, or even make them worse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users