retin a retinoid bio oil acne treatment scars usage

4 replies to this topic

#1 weepyhollow

weepyhollow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:26 PM

Is it okay to use bio oil with retin A? Retin A seems to work pretty well for my acne. However, lately I've been breaking a little more than usual, and these breakouts have left hyperpigmentation in addition to the ones left by older acne. I have access to bio oil and am contemplating adding it to my skin care regime.

Would that be okay? I was thinking that I should probably use it in the morning, but how, and after which step? Below is my current regime (I'm an 18 yo female with combination skin):

Morning:

Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser for sensitive skin

Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner

Apply Vitamin E skin oil to undereye area and hyperpigmentation to use as an antioxidant (I'm thinking of switching to a vitamin C serum)

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer with SPF 35 (including undereye area)

Night:

Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser for sensitive skin

Retin A Cream 0.05% - including the undereye area (acts as sort of an eye cream)

(after I feel the retin A has absorbed a decent amount) Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer for sensitive skin

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Edited by weepyhollow, 11 February 2014 - 04:02 PM.

#2 Robertitoo

Robertitoo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

Your morning routine seems a bit harsh with the toner., especially if you have sensitive skin. You don't use makeup?

#3 prowlings

prowlings

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:21 PM

@Robertitoo - I'm sorry, I don't understand. Why does the toner make the routine harsher? I thought toners balanced the skin's pH level. 

Edited by prowlings, 11 February 2014 - 06:22 PM.

#4 Robertitoo

Robertitoo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:02 PM

Err, you claim you have sensitive skin, I suggest you ease off some of your products you're using.. 

I too have sensitive skin and my skin regimen is simple. And my skin thanks me for it. 100 years ago we did not use chemicals on our face;

Morning: Purified water and Jojoba oil followed by a 30 SPF Zinc based sunscreen.

Nights: Purified water only. Followed by Retin A (Every other day) then moisturize with Jojoba oil.

I remember trying Burt bees Sensitive Cotton cleanser, that stuff left my face red, just saying.

#5 *Valentina*

*Valentina*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me
  • Interests:Be the broken or the breaker, the giver or the undertaker.

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:15 PM

Bio Oil was SO bad on my skin. I don't mean it gave it acne, I mean it gave me contact dermatitis after about 5 months of use because of the amount of perfume they put in it. It's loaded with strong perfume and that's bad for everything. when I think back, I can't believe I put that crap on my face.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users