Photo

Let's Be Real Guy's

52 replies to this topic

#41 Fare Thee Well

Fare Thee Well

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Guitar, Old classic movies & music, Jimi Hendrix, 12 string guitars, traveling (but i have not done that in a while), & fitness (but i also haven't done that in a long time)

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:29 PM

Hey you guys!! Let's pick up some girls lmao

Let's have a meet up this Saturday (3/1/14)@ Lehigh Valley Mall (Address: 250 Lehigh Valley Mall, Whitehall, PA 18052)

2:00pm

Anyone who lives around the area come thru and let's all have an attempt to pick up some girls.

Lmao idk where you guys are from but probably nobody would show up but hey it's worth a try.

Anyone down???lol 

Edited by Fare Thee Well, 27 February 2014 - 04:36 PM.

#42 bubbles55

bubbles55

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:00 PM

VIrtually every man I've ever met has some minor acne or slight scarring. What makes you see yourself as so Alien? acne is quite common for guys.

Do you expect to have skin like a Korean actress? lol men aren't supposed to have flawless skin anyway, it's a feminine trait.

The average man does not have the horrible scarring and severe acne that I do.

Did I say that? no. If you look closely at most men you will always notice some non-inflammatory acne, enlarged pores and at times slight scarring on their skin. However severely nodular acne and boxcut or rolling scaring is not of the norm I agree. But on average most men DO have imperfect skin.

#43 TemperateCent

TemperateCent

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:53 PM

VIrtually every man I've ever met has some minor acne or slight scarring. What makes you see yourself as so Alien? acne is quite common for guys.

Do you expect to have skin like a Korean actress? lol men aren't supposed to have flawless skin anyway, it's a feminine trait.

The average man does not have the horrible scarring and severe acne that I do.

Did I say that? no. If you look closely at most men you will always notice some non-inflammatory acne, enlarged pores and at times slight scarring on their skin. However severely nodular acne and boxcut or rolling scaring is not of the norm I agree. But on average most men DO have imperfect skin.

I didn't say that you said that, but a lot of us don't have "Imperfect" skin. It's far worse than that, so you're not really helping much when you try to cheer us up. My skin is ruined, not imperfect. No point in even trying to compare the two.

Edited by TemperateCent, 28 February 2014 - 07:54 PM.

@TemperateCent ; . The reason you still have acne is because you deserve it. 

#44 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking, Weight Lifting

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:04 PM

Let's have a meet up this Saturday (3/1/14)@ Lehigh Valley Mall (Address: 250 Lehigh Valley Mall, Whitehall, PA 18052)

Anyone who lives around the area come thru and let's all have an attempt to pick up some girls.

Lmao idk where you guys are from but probably nobody would show up but hey it's worth a try.

Anyone down???lol 

If I lived closer I'd be down for this...simply because I think it would be fun and it would be like an adventure just to get out there and make the effort (especially if you have friends supporting you who know exactly how annoying and frustrating life with acne can be)

I'm about 3 hours away from you in WV, lol 

Daily Regimen:
-Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser
-Dan's 2.5% BP 
-Jojoba oil as moisturizer

Nightly Regimen:
-Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser
-Dan's 2.5% BP
-Cetaphil moisturizer + a few drops of Jojoba oil 

My Regimen Log: http://www.acne.org/...gs-regimen-log/

#45 Fare Thee Well

Fare Thee Well

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Guitar, Old classic movies & music, Jimi Hendrix, 12 string guitars, traveling (but i have not done that in a while), & fitness (but i also haven't done that in a long time)

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

Anyone down???lol 

If I lived closer I'd be down for this...simply because I think it would be fun and it would be like an adventure just to get out there and make the effort (especially if you have friends supporting you who know exactly how annoying and frustrating life with acne can be)

I'm about 3 hours away from you in WV, lol 

Lol bro thanks i know you would come.

Hey Guys!!! tomorrow someone tell me they are near the area

I'm trying to pick up chicks, need a wing man. 

Saturday (3/1/14)@ Lehigh Valley Mall (Address: 250 Lehigh Valley Mall, Whitehall, PA 18052)

2:00pm by the chick-fil-a right across barnes and noble

Also bring your own money for chick-fil-a..

#46 creativedisplayname

creativedisplayname

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:09 PM

WHAT. Very wrong there, I have seen so may couples where the guy has acne and the girl has flawless skin or close. 

In fact my mom has nice skin and my dad has acne scarring bc he had bad acne, don't know if it was before they met but my mom never mentions his skin or seems to give a crap and I've seen this soooo many times, sorry but what you said sounds a bit shallow

Anyways as for the question I think girls have it just as bad if not worse when it comes to acne and dating . A girl, according to society, has to have soft clear skin to be attractive. But it all comes down to whether or not people are shallow/care a lot about skin

People always say that to everything, when in reality, they may have seen 2 or 3 isolated cases, the same thing is said by many people regarding looks

''I always see ugly dudes with hot women, all the time''  ''I always see short guys with tall women''  etc

their always/many, is more like 2 o 3 a year, if that

For one, nobody knows every single person on this planet, therefore, to say ''always'', ''many'' is incorrect

is like saying that east asians are taller than caucasians, just because yao ming is 7'6, is called an anomaly, just because you saw it happen a few times, doesn't make it the norm

no girl likes a man with acne, this is a fact, if given the choice, to choose between 2 versions of the same guy, one with acne and the other one without, she would obviously pick the no acne version, any person who says, he or she would pick the acne one, is a hypocrite, and obviously biased

having clear skin, is a sign of having good genes, and health, which is what all human beings subconsciously are attracted to, we all want the best genes possible for out offspring, this is why men and women, feel attracted to good looking people, this is why good looking are put on a pedestal in society, because we realize it takes good genes and health, to look like that, we admire them, we treat them better than the rest, without even realizing it, we learn this since we are little kids, you cannot escape it, even if you despise the good looking people, you will still subconsciously put them on a pedestal, and think highly of them, simply based on their looks

This is why people who have acne, especially facial acne, suffer a lot, and want so badly to cure it, because they realize deep down, that having acne, is a sign of having bad genes, this is why you are ashamed of having acne, this is why you are embarrassed that people see your facial acne, because you know they are gonna think less of you, and why would they think less of you?

because is a sign of bad genes

why would all acne sufferers, feel so embarrassed of their acne, and want to cure it so bad, is not a disease, and you're not gonna die from it, is simply cosmetic, which proves my point, that all human care a lot about looks, otherwise, you wouldn't be so concerned with your acne

well it's clear we don't think alike and I'm thankful for that :)

#47 Fare Thee Well

Fare Thee Well

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:01 AM

Is anyone coming ? it's 11:01

Lol knew this was going to happen 

#48 AlexanderJ86

AlexanderJ86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:49 AM

Is anyone coming ? it's 11:01

Lol knew this was going to happen 

Well, this is an international board :)

#49 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

If I weren't a couple of plane flights and many, many hours away, I'd be there :P Doing a meet up for people on these boards would be both weird and fun I think

Started The Acne.org Regimen 2nd July 2013

#50 Michelle Reece

Michelle Reece

Skin care fanatic and scientific stickler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, playing video games and bird watching.

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

If I weren't a couple of plane flights and many, many hours away, I'd be there tongue.png Doing a meet up for people on these boards would be both weird and fun I think

Yeah, it would be weird and fun. But it'd be special! grinwink.gif

#51 fatalbert911

fatalbert911

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:the latest & future technology, singularity, new world order's agenda, alex jones show =) cool stuff like that. I also like seeing anime, action packed movies, getting platinum trophies on my ps3!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:10 PM

Well if anyone is ever in Indianapolis Indiana hmu.

#52 Mitch P

Mitch P

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Anything in the Rocky Mtns.

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:20 PM

We need to learn that acne doesn't define us. We need to focus on creating a life for ourselves that women would want to partner with us in. It sucks that we have acne, and there are days that I think that is all anyone notices about me, but we need to be confident in who we are as men. If we don't practice self-confidence and having a high self-esteem now, it's going to be that much harder to get it back once we are acne free. Besides, if we are self-confident and secure with ourselves when we have acne, think of how much stronger we will be when we are acne-free!

But I like what I read in another post above: unless we plan on being a man-whore, then we only need that one girl that is perfect for us, and who will love us for more than our complexion. And I truly believe there is a girl out there for everyone, no matter how severe your acne is.

#53 Fare Thee Well

Fare Thee Well

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:36 PM

If I weren't a couple of plane flights and many, many hours away, I'd be there Doing a meet up for people on these boards would be both weird and fun I think

Yeah, it would be weird and fun. But it'd be special! 

Lol females would meet up with others guys to pick up girls or guys????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users