1 post in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi everyone,
I have had this for a good 3 years now. It wouldn’t go away.  It only occurs on the right side of my chin, but recently, I have it on my left chin as well (just a bump, hardly noticeable). The rest of my face is pretty much clear. I use 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant about every alternate day. My diet is average. I do not take much sugar. No sweets or sweetened drinks, unless I have no choice, that would perhaps be once a week or less. Just plain water / green tea most of the time. I take fruits every alternate day. I shower 1-2 times a day and use a general Clean&Clear facial cleanser 1-2 times daily. No one in my family has such a problem before. I have circled in the picture, the elevated/rough patch of skin that might not be very visible in the picture.
I am not sure if it is related, but the first time that it appeared was after I was out in the wild for a few days with an oil-based camou cream. I have tried using:
Oil-Free Acne Stress Control® 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment
(redness disappeared, but the bump under the skin was still there)
Lush's Mask of Magnanimity Face Mask
(redness becomes a little better. I use it about once a week)

Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
(did not help with this)
Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment
(skin flaked and turned red. I guess it was too strong?)
I am looking at seeing a dermatologist / aesthetic doctor. But I do not know the condition that I am having. Some sort of cystic acne? And what are the likely options?
Is Intralesional Injection one of it? I really need help =/ Any sort of input will be well appreciated. Edited by sderi