Photo

Doctors Lie

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 Green_Vegetable_Man

Green_Vegetable_Man

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 October 2004 - 11:13 AM

What else can they say when their own Science has its limitations.

Western Science takes very small steps forward.

A doctor at the place I visit for general health problems looks so unhealthy.

All she is interested in is earning money. She is exteemely fat, looks so unhealthy, cannot even walk fast.

What do we expect from them?

The Chinese/Asian/African/Inuit/Indian may have answers in natural health, diet and lifestyle.

#2 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 October 2004 - 04:34 PM

Thanks for bashing western medicine. May a heartattack fall upon you and then see whether you go to a cardiologist or a holistician.

#3 frances

frances

This isn't Kansas, Toto

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me

Posted 25 October 2004 - 05:27 PM

very strange post Melbourne Bloke. If you don't have confidence in you doctor sounds like you should change. Doctors are people and people sometimes lie...however don't fool yourself that doctors outside conventional western medicine aren't prone to the same foibles as the rest of us.

#4 Green_Vegetable_Man

Green_Vegetable_Man

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 October 2004 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE(BenKweller @ Oct 25 2004, 02:34 PM)
Thanks for bashing western medicine. May a heartattack fall upon you and then see whether you go to a cardiologist or a holistician.

View Post

Prevention is better than cure!

#5 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 October 2004 - 06:35 PM

Prevention is what most doctors are being taught nowadays. Just because some stick to the old ideals(although they all have to keep up to date with modern practices) doesn't mean you can condemn western medicine. As sweetjade(and others) has posted in other forums and in this one, modern science has found a way to cure acne, it's just a matter of putting it all together(even if the result is going against convention it's still scientifically backed).

My doctor took my dad off cholesterol and blood pressure medicine and instead told him to exercise more to relieve stress as he was already in shape(He's now a 4th stripe blackbelt in Karate), drink more green tea and others(Pu-Erh), take lot's of omega 3 and 9, and skip all red meat. His blood pressure and cholesterol is not only at a good level, it's at the optimum(better than mine and I'm damn healthy). Point is that most doctors aren't just throwing around pills anymore, unless it's for good reason(depression med's would be about the only thing that I can think of that is given out too much).

#6 x_ricky_x

x_ricky_x

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 October 2004 - 01:36 PM

i second you on that, "doctors lie"...

it isn't they're fault though, its what they're taught, and it's how they make money at the end of the day..

my doctor said acne has nothing to do with what you eat.. i used to believe him and ate whatever.. recenty i've been taking more care of my diet and have noticed acne clearing up..

#7 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 October 2004 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE(MelbourneBloke @ Oct 25 2004, 09:13 AM)
What else can they say when their own Science has its limitations.

Western Science takes very small steps forward.

A doctor at  the place I visit for general health problems looks so unhealthy.

All she is interested in is earning money. She is exteemely fat, looks so unhealthy, cannot even walk fast.

What do we expect from them?

The Chinese/Asian/African/Inuit/Indian may have answers in natural health, diet and lifestyle.

View Post

I completely agree. Western Medicine has vauable knowledge for certain types of ailments (such as acute injuries). But when it comes to disease and specifically disease prevention, they are missing the point by a mile IMO.

#8 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 October 2004 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE(blackbirdbeatle @ Oct 25 2004, 04:35 PM)
Prevention is what most doctors are being taught nowadays. Just because some stick to the old ideals(although they all have to keep up to date with modern practices) doesn't mean you can condemn western medicine. As sweetjade(and others) has posted in other forums and in this one, modern science has found a way to cure acne, it's just a matter of putting it all together(even if the result is going against convention it's still scientifically backed).

My doctor took my dad off cholesterol and blood pressure medicine and instead told him to exercise more to relieve stress as he was already in shape(He's now a 4th stripe blackbelt in Karate), drink more green tea and others(Pu-Erh), take lot's of omega 3 and 9, and skip all red meat. His blood pressure and cholesterol is not only at a good level, it's at the optimum(better than mine and I'm damn healthy). Point is that most doctors aren't just throwing around pills anymore, unless it's for good reason(depression med's would be about the only thing that I can think of that is given out too much).

View Post

I'm glad you have had such a postive experiance and I'm glad your dad is doing well! eusa_angel.gif

Honestly my opinion simply comes from my own personal experiance. I have never been treated well by western doctors, I've been grossly misdiagnosed on more than one occasion. I've had a chinese healer cure a condition that normal doctors did nothing about and I suffered with it for more than a year. I've also had docs throw anti-biotics at me when I had conditions that even I KNOW anti-biotics WILL NOT HELP. I'm sure there are great docs out there who work in western medicine, unfortunately none of them seem to be around here. wacko.gif

#9 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 October 2004 - 05:44 PM

Sheep.

#10 OzPower

OzPower

Arrogant Australian who talks to much :)

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 October 2004 - 07:10 PM

Brainwashed.

#11 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE(BenKweller @ Oct 26 2004, 03:44 PM)
Sheep.

View Post

WE are sheep? lol.gif My opinions are certainly less mainstream than yours, Ben.

#12 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2004 - 08:15 PM

Not really. You just jump on the "It's way better to be different" bandwagon. You're no different than the people who vote for Nader so that they can tell people that they vote for Nader.

#13 TheGhostofHueyLewis

TheGhostofHueyLewis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2004 - 09:20 PM

I think this idea of western medicine versus eastern is a bit foolish. Wheather you take drugs or jam pins in your back, anything that only treats symptoms is bad medicine.

A proper focus on prevention is the key here. Western medicine isn't to blame. the problem is that nobody sees anything wrong with the following scenario:

You eat like shit, you don't get any exercise and you get sick--say, you get clogged arteries and are in dager of having a heart attack.
The Doctor comes along and says, "hey, here's a pill that will keep you alive so you won't have to change you lifestyle."
You say, "Great, let's go shopping!"

Be healthy, stay healthy.

#14 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2004 - 09:30 PM

I think the biggest problem is like you said, everyone eats shit and then the doctor says, "You have clogged arteries and need major surgery." Here, though, people then say, "Fuck you, doc! Thanks for not preventing it!"

#15 OzPower

OzPower

Arrogant Australian who talks to much :)

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2004 - 05:21 PM

Yeah and there was a famous MD, name escapes me from the many articles i read on health, it's on vegsource.com somewhere, anyway he endorsed eating a high protein, high dairy diet. By high protein, meat, well anyways he was a fierce advocator of discrediting the health junkies and hollstic medicine publically.

He died at 40 from a stroke.

lol

#16 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2004 - 06:06 PM

... Feel free to find his name.

Great anecdote and all but as you health junkies love to say, we're all different. Atkin's died at a good age (and as the result of a fall) and he ate like his dumb diet stated.