Photo

Holistic Healing & Prevention

bicarb soda oil cleansing method calamine lotion rosehip oil tea tree oil glycolic acid kaolin clay mask bactroban cream mineral foundation food allergies

13 replies to this topic

#1 holistic37

holistic37

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:59 AM

Edited by holistic37, 03 March 2014 - 05:16 PM.

#2 holistic37

holistic37

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:56 PM

#3 dscully

dscully

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:07 PM

We could have the same life, LOL. Our triggers are exactly the same except I don't have any problems with spices. I only cook with olive oil and butter or ghee. Olive oil is only for low-temp sauteeing and stuff. Pizza is straight-up-no-chaser POISON for me, oh my god it's the worst. I will literally break out within 10 hours of eating a couple slices of pizza *sadface*.

supplements:

fermented cod liver oil

vit D+K2

calcium+phosphorous+magnesium+zinc

b12

niacin

borage oil

topicals:

epsom salts

cleansing oil mix (castor, grapeseed, tea tree)

I also drink tons of vegetable juice, usually involving carrots and beets.

#4 holistic37

holistic37

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:13 PM

#5 Quetzlcoatl

Quetzlcoatl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:43 PM

I would recommend against using olive oil for cooking, because the unsaturated fats become oxidized rapidly at higher temperatures. I would use butter/ghee or coconut oil. You also lose all the polyphenols in olive oil with heat. You can test this yourself by watching the color turn from green to clear in the pan.

But olive oil on salads n stuff is all cool. Though still shouldn't be used in excess because of the 1:10 omega 3:6 ratio.

#6 holistic37

holistic37

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

Edited by holistic37, 03 March 2014 - 05:17 PM.

#7 dscully

dscully

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:57 AM

I take the fermented cod liver oil straight by the spoonful. It's gross, but you get used to it. It's best to just swallow without thinking and then chase it with water. I'd get the capsules, but they are more expensive per dose than the liquid is. I don't gag from it. I live in New Orleans so fishy tasting stuff isn't the oddest thing to me.

#8 MindyBenkert

MindyBenkert

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

I have been eliminating a lot of what you listed as well. I bought the cod liver oil and I really, really want to take it... I think it's a mental thing. It just tastes so gross and I burp it for hours after taking it :(

Mindy

#9 bubbles55

bubbles55

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:00 PM

There is no way to "cure" acne. It can be managed but never cured. You do know acne is a genetic disease right? certain things are aggravators for the condition but they alone do not "cause" acne.

#10 dscully

dscully

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:01 AM

I don't consider being sensitive to too much sugar and dairy to be a disease. Nobody calls lactose intolerance a disease. Why should acne be any different? Because I have discovered my food triggers and am so committed to eating clean and healthy, I have better skin than most people who don't have acne. I don't feel like I have a disease. I've given up foods that most people should give up anyway for health reasons like refined flours, sugar, and drinking milk past childhood. I don't feel deprived. I'm a very healthy person and certainly not a diseased one.

#11 holistic37

holistic37

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:35 AM

#12 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:58 AM

There are many ways we are genitically or perhaps merely phomically predisposed to getting acne. It's not just about hormones. Hormones mostly mean oilier skin which merely exacerbates the real problem, which is how & how fast your skin cells are formed, die, and exfoliate without sticking together & clogging pores.

But diet affects all that too. And it's not just skin cells that hyper proliferate when stimulated by a bad diet. Cancer cells do too.

#13 bubbles55

bubbles55

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:21 PM

There are many ways we are genitically or perhaps merely phomically predisposed to getting acne. It's not just about hormones. Hormones mostly mean oilier skin which merely exacerbates the real problem, which is how & how fast your skin cells are formed, die, and exfoliate without sticking together & clogging pores.

But diet affects all that too. And it's not just skin cells that hyper proliferate when stimulated by a bad diet. Cancer cells do too.

Hormones have little to nothing to do with acne in the larger picture, yes they stimulate the process but they aren't the cause. There's a good article I was reading recently (I'll link when I'm able to find it) that found that acne usually occurs when hormone levels are adequate rather than imbalanced. And how people with actual imbalanced hormones levels don't usually have any acne. 

#14 holistic37

holistic37

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:15 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users