4 replies to this topic

#1 chris2426

chris2426

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:49 AM

Hello - 

This is my first post on the forums and I came here because I am at a loss right now in regards to my acne. This morning I looked behind my ear and found a few red bumps that look like acne pimples, but on one of them looks almost like some dead skin that is stuck to it. I don't know how to explain it, it is just this thing that is on top of my pimple that almost seems stuck to it. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

A little background information. I started bodybuilding in March of 2013 when I was really underweight from an eating disorder. I was around 100 lb so I was trying to gain weight. In about ten months I put on around 60 lb without the use of performance enhancers. As I gained weight my calorie intake needed to go up so I could continue to gain weight. At the highest I was consuming 4,200 calories per day. Sometimes within these ten months I started developing acne, and then it just snowballed. I have acne all over my face, in my middle chest area, a little on my shoulders and on my upper back. But the this morning I found the thing behind my ear. It isn't the pimples that bother me so much as it is that other thing on top of the pimple, and the only way I can describe it is as a piece of dead skin or whatever, I really am not sure. Any advice? 

#2 chris2426

chris2426

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:06 AM

I don't know if I explained it correctly. I was just looking at it again, it is this soft layer of something that has developed in between the acne and my ear. 

#3 stilltrying1

stilltrying1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:15 PM

i am a competitive weightlifter and i am around 80 to 90% sure that ever since i began what most would consider "extreme" athletics (distance running +100 miles a week, then olympic weightlifting) it has what has caused persistent acne. i would get a couple spots every now and again and never worry about how i treated my skin before this. 6ish years later and now my skin is ruining my life. right now acne is clear (aside from on the back a bit) but all the treatments and everything -- i think is what did it -- have caused me oil problems as well.... i LOVE weightlifting and cant imagine life without A LOT of exercise, but if i trace back to when this started, it began with putting my body to the limits.... the general consensus here is that weightlifting / hard workouts shouldnt cause too much trouble, but it would make sense in my situation... i just dont know if i want to let this dictate my passions.  

Edited by stilltrying1, 06 February 2014 - 10:15 PM.

#4 chris2426

chris2426

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:19 AM

I have heard it is a common issue among weight lifters / bodybuilders. I think it could have something to do with the increase in testosterone. It becomes an endless battle and make you wonder why you have to have one over the other: nice physique or good skin. Somehow there has to be able to be a balance where you achieve both. 

#5 ravishkar95

ravishkar95

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:56 AM

Hello,

I think must be happnes beacause of your intaking large amount of calories or might be coz of any allergy issue. As you said it is on all over on your chest so this is sign of heat in your body the solution on this is to have youghert of ice-creem daily...

Hello,

I think must be happens because of your having large amount of calories or might be coz of any allergy issue. As you said it is on all over on your chest so this is sign of heat in your body the solution on this is to have yoghurt of ice-cream daily...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users