spiro

42 replies to this topic

#41 Valerie44

Valerie44

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me
  • Interests:I love spending time with my family and wonderful husband. I also enjoy going to the movies, working out, shopping, and anything to do with beauty. Plz feel free to add me as a friend, would love to chat with people who are going thru the same acne issues as me.

Achievements

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:13 AM

Hello cellardoor9!! The Spiro has helped me a whole lot, I went from getting 3 or 4 painful cysts at a time down to one and as of now im completely clear! My derm told me yesterday that at 6 months it starts to get better and better from here on out so im not going to be stopping it any time soon :) Like a lot of ladies on Spiro I had many ups and downs n even wanted to stop but im sooooo glad I didn't. Your skin looks like its improving, is it from the spiro or saw palmetto extract? I read your also doing peels, Im thinking of trying a peel so if any one has any recommendations I would really appreciate that :)

MORNING

Wash face with Skinceuticals Simply Clean
Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Moisturizer
Take Minocycline 100mg (when needed)

NIGHT
Take Spironolactone 50 mg
Wash face with Skinceuticals Simply Clean
Apply Aczone 5%
Retin-A .1% (waits 20 to 30 mins before applying)

MAKEUP

Origins Silk Screen Powder in Light Spice from Macys

Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Foundation
Lancôme Blush in Shimmery Pink Pool
Origins Lipstick in Buttercup
BareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara in Black
Sephora Contour Eye Pencil Water Proof in Black Lace

#42 Cellardoor9

Cellardoor9

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:44 AM

That's great that the spiro works for you! Unfortunately I had a lot of cysts before the spiro and things got so much worse after I started the spiro. I gave it some time, but it seemed like my face only got better as I stopped it :( My face is probably back to my pre-spiro state right now, which for me is a lott better than how it looked on Spiro. So, I'm slightly regretting starting it because now I have a lot of discoloration and still have a few cysts (mainly where I had them pre-spiro which is under my jaw).  I think birth control pills might be whats helping me to not break out as much. Too soon to notice is saw palmetto is doing anything. I'm using Salicylic acid peels right now 15% and 20%. I'm not sure how much they are helping the discoloration as opposed to my skin naturally healing but the redness seems to be going down a bit

Hello cellardoor9!! The Spiro has helped me a whole lot, I went from getting 3 or 4 painful cysts at a time down to one and as of now im completely clear! My derm told me yesterday that at 6 months it starts to get better and better from here on out so im not going to be stopping it any time soon smile.png Like a lot of ladies on Spiro I had many ups and downs n even wanted to stop but im sooooo glad I didn't. Your skin looks like its improving, is it from the spiro or saw palmetto extract? I read your also doing peels, Im thinking of trying a peel so if any one has any recommendations I would really appreciate that smile.png

#43 Cellardoor9

Cellardoor9

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:04 PM

its been two months since my last post. I still get breakouts, but I think the major part of the battle is over. Just stuck waiting for these scars to heal.
So conclusion:
Spiro did NOT work for me!
Sprintec (bcps) helped me a lot!
Saw Palmetto helped!

Chemical Peels take a long time but I believe they are helpful in the long run.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users