Photo

Herbs and Vitamins

vitamin vitamins vitamin a calcium zinc milk thistle selenium makeup oily skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 carmoon

carmoon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 25 October 2004 - 02:08 AM

Hi All,

I am new to this site - so hello

I have been reading up on herbs and natural remedies for years and have come to the conclusion that after cleansing my liver, blood, kidneys and lungs (chinese medicine beliefs are that the skin is the third lung) I have now stopped my acne.

You have to be completely willing to dive into the cleanse to make it work. I stopped drinking coffee, I don't eat excess sugars, and I try not to have bad fats.

My routine from day one:

liver cleanse: milk thistle (which repairs AND regenerates liver cells), dandelion root (liver cleanse and assists in producing bile*breaks up fats*). BOTH these should be taken together, and for as long as possible, especially if you have taken high amounts of anti-biotics....AND if you have taken anti-biotics, your good bacteria flora may be in jeopardy, which means taking some acidophilus. I tried the accutane, and have been on anti-seizure drugs for years, so my liver was in need of months of assistance. So far, I have been taking the liver helpers since May '04 and will continue for a few more months.

Eating plain yogurt with softly ground flax seed will assist in cleansing your colon and intestines as well as having good bacteria introduced, but this may not be enough good bacteria if you have done the accutane, you have to take a acidophilus pill, talk to your herbalist/naturalist/vitamin store clerk.

blood/kidney cleanse: Burdock root, red clover, golden seal, barberry, dandelion root, elderberry extract, parsley, raspberry leaves, rosehips, yellowdock. YES this is a large list, I found at my herbal store, they had teas made especially for each ailment and had a nice mix of the proper herbs, as noted above, which I had a glass of tea at least once a day, and this was inexpensive, rather than buying pills, as in liquid form it enters body and blood stream much faster than pills. If you are to buy just pills, buy burdock and yellow dock.

lung cleanse (if you smoke/d): bayberry bark (clears mucous membranes), golden seal (cleanses and dries mucous membranes), horse chesnut (expectorant), marshmellow (expectorant), pau'darco, peppermint (breaks up mucous), platycodon (expectorant), pleurisy root (clears mucous), red clover (clears phlem), yerba santa (clears phlem from chest).

lycopene is also very good for lung protection, and if a smoker, it restrains cancerous growths in lung cancer (protects againsts tobacco carcinogens).

Currently I am drinking a tea which covers all three organs, and you can ask your herbalist to make a similar one containing the following: oregon grape root (gallbladder & liver), yellow dock (colon & liver), dandelion root (blood, kidney & liver), burdock (blood & skin), milk thistle (liver & spleen), pau'darco (blood, lungs & liver), cinnamon (antibacterial), lemon peel (oily skin) :: I drink this twice a day.

My acne was also hormone related, so I also take borage oil, in a capsule, once a day to start, after dinner. Borage oil contains gamma linolenic acid at about 24%, or you can take evening primrose oil...BASICALLY taking these oils, makes your body believing it has enough oil, and it stops high production of sebum oils, which are what causes the fatty substance blocking your pores. Chaste berry (or vitex) also regulates your hormones (chaste, or monks herb, lowers your testosterone levels naturally).

I also just have realized I have extremely sensitive skin, so I am nice to it, I wash twice a day, and use a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide solution twice a day. I also wear makeup, and before when I had spots, red spots etc, I would cover them with Neutrogena’s Acne spot medication before putting on a powder make up.

Also when I was having bad flare ups before my cleanse, I would use this, VERY weird seeming, solution to removing the blocked pore of its white fat...don't laugh, this works....I took a child’s large medicine needle (its in the shape of a needle, plunger and all, but large, for giving medicine. I would use a cleansed needle, and pierce the "ready-to-pop" pimple, and place the large 'needle' on the pimple and suck out everything in there, until either clear fluids or blood appeared, I would let some of that out too, otherwise you may be left with a blood like pimple :-p This may sound silly, but it does remove what you may have been pinching out, and this way, it sucks it out, so you won't be leaving anything behind. My niece comes over to ask to get hers sucked out, because they heal faster, and do not scar, and I noticed with the years of my made-up procedure, they do not return, as you have removed all that was blocking this pore.

Also there is a dermatologist given medicine, now available to the ladies only (sorry gents) called Diane-35. It was only given by dermatologists, for ladies with acne (not the cystic kind) to control hormones (specifically androgens) - it lessons the oil production in the skin. Diane-35 is like a birth control pill, controls hormones.

And finally, I take a Super-Vita-Min pill, basically, vitamins and minerals your body needs, and most of these super mixes come with all the essential ones needed for your skin (vitamin A, B-complex, C with bioflavonoids, D3, E, Zinc, Selenium, Sulfur (MSM), Potassium, Calcium) TWICE a day.

I've read most herbal, chinese, traditional, natural books I can find, and all of them talk about milk thistle, yellow dock, burdock root, cleansing out your insides to make your outside clear. Chinese Medicine believes if you have acne on your left cheek it is liver related and acne on right cheek its lung related, acne around the mouth its stomach related, acne on the forehead its intestines, acne around chin its kidney/sexual organ related :: I have found this to be true for most people I know with acne that I have talked to :: I myself had acne on both left and right cheeks only, and once I cleared my liver and lungs, I am all clear on my skin.

This is about all I know about how I got rid of my acne, I am clear skinned and love to not have to wear makeup on a daily basis. I was dedicated to my cleanse, and stuck to it - basically, your body contains filters (liver, kidney, colon, intestines, lungs) and like a car, if you don't cleanse them out once every few months/year, things get blocked up and cause damage.

Thank you for taking the time to read my write up, I do hope it may help you on your road to recovery. I would never write anything on here unless I am serious about it and can back up what I have said.

Take care of you,
Carmen

--------------------

Carmen
car_moon@hotmail.com

#2 kel

kel

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 October 2004 - 01:48 PM

ok,im thinking of the herbal approach to how long did you have to do it for? and what maintance do you do now? whats your diet like?

#3 carmoon

carmoon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 October 2004 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE(kel @ Oct 25 2004, 11:48 AM)
ok,im thinking of the herbal approach to how long did you have to do it for? and what maintance do you do now? whats your diet like?

View Post

Hi,

I started in May 2004, and because I had a bad liver (from anti-seizure meds and anti-biotics) I am still taking herbs for my liver (5 months and counting).

I did the blood cleansing once, with the burdock, one bottle. And now I am taking a tea which contains herbs for both the liver AND blood.

I like the tea for both liver and blood, and will continue to take it, for the most part now, because I like it, and of course because I know it does my body good.

My diet, I try not to have white starches, but thats for the starch=fat ratio, and I do not drink caffine anymore, and I stay away from sugars. But I have always had a normal diet. I also supplement with borage oil to aid in my hormone levels, as well as a super-vita-min pill twice a day.

Thats about it.

Carmen

#4 Polka

Polka

Snow Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 October 2004 - 03:56 PM

interesting. I am taking burdock pills which is about 3grams a day. Is this the same as the burdock liquid you have? PM me what supplememnts I can take to do this cleansing stuff. Thanks

#5 gymrat7676

gymrat7676

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 October 2004 - 09:06 PM

I'm curious about this device u used to suck out the stuff inside the acne. who makes it? and where do u get it? also what brands of vitamins and minerals and herbs do u take? do u take acidophilus pills or just eat yogurt?

#6 DeVa

DeVa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 October 2004 - 01:27 AM

Hey there,

I have been interested in internal cleansing for a long time now, and I'm glad you posted. I wanted to ask you about red marks since you mentioned you had them...did the cleansing help with those? I also took accutane and have never been the same after that, and I was wondering what advice you would give on how to repair the damage it causes. Currently, I am on the bp regimen and hardly break out, however, I still have red marks that won't go away. Also, I'm assuming you've heard of murcury that dentists use in our fillings...and I wonder if cleansing helps when we have poison in our mouths everyday that needs to be removed.

#7 carmoon

carmoon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 October 2004 - 09:05 AM

I'm curious about this device u used to suck out the stuff inside the acne. who makes it? and where do u get it? also what brands of vitamins and minerals and herbs do u take? do u take acidophilus pills or just eat yogurt?

brand - i take solaray brand - super-vita-min - twice a day

herbs, after months of pills and tintures, i now drink a tea, for both liver and blood, and one herb for lungs.

i did a acidophilus replacement, one bottle, two pills a day, as well as placing soflty ground flax seeds in my yogurt.

sucker - you can find it in the childrens/baby aisle in your drug store/supermarket.

carmen

#8 carmoon

carmoon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 October 2004 - 09:14 AM

I wanted to ask you about red marks since you mentioned you had them...did the cleansing help with those? I also took accutane and have never been the same after that, and I was wondering what advice you would give on how to repair the damage it causes. Currently, I am on the bp regimen and hardly break out, however, I still have red marks that won't go away. Also, I'm assuming you've heard of murcury that dentists use in our fillings...and I wonder if cleansing helps when we have poison in our mouths everyday that needs to be removed.

red marks - i used a vitamin A, C, E all-in-one cream on them

accutane - you have to do an acidopholus treatment - accutane will wipe out all your bacteria - so you have to replace your good bacteria and yogurt alone won't do the trick.....i did a acidopholus at about a million good bacteria per pill, twice a day, after lunch and dinner

murcury - i will talk to my herbalist - he talked to be about this, but i will ask him again, i know you should get the murcury out - before you start on any form of cleansing of the toxins...will post on this soon.

take care - carmen

#9 DeVa

DeVa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2004 - 09:59 PM

Yeah I have many silver fillings and need to get rid of those first, but its soooo expensive that I won't be able to for a couple of years eusa_doh.gif

#10 carmoon

carmoon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 October 2004 - 01:18 AM

Regarding the mercury detox...

Here is a list of what will work...

Honeysuckle - good for detoxifying the blood and liver

Cysteine (or Cystine) - removes major metal by binding with the metal, liver detoxifier, Beneficial with respiratory tract problems as it protects against smoke toxins, protects brain from alcohol and drug damage, aids body in fat burning.

Chorella - removes harmful pollutants and heavy metals

Lipoic Acid - Free radical destroyer, removes heavy metals, assists with nerve damage, repairs liver

Spirlina - Detoxifies and cleanses the body *keep in fridge*

Thats about all I could come up with for now, I will talk to my herbalist more about this process.

Hope this helps with at least starting your cleanse.

Take care of you - Carmen

#11 Arpazia

Arpazia

Arpazia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 November 2004 - 01:52 PM

Carmoon: Thank you so much for all the advice that you posted here. I have been off of Accutane for almost two weeks due to financial reasons and have began taking a lot of vitamins and supplements.

Each day, I take a liver cleanser, vitamin B6, Evening Primrose Oil, Ester-C, Iron and Acidophilus and have been eating lemons (strange) and putting Apple Cider Vinegar on my face. The results, thus far, are amazing.

Taking these vitamins in combination with drinking a ton of water has done wonders for my skin. My face stopped breaking out and has started to feel extremely smooth. I attribute the majority of this success to Evening Primrose Oil and the liver cleanser since the others are supplements I took prior to reading your post. I am happy that this has worked for both of us and I hope others out there can benefit as well!

#12 carmoon

carmoon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 November 2004 - 09:15 PM

Heavy Metal Detox Cleansers...

Electrolytes: The electrolytes work on the cell's membranes to create an ironic potential which allows cellular waste products to be excreted and healthy nutrients to enter the cell.

Multi-minerals: You need to pre-load the body and create and excess of good minerals to that the metals (mercury etc.) will release from the tissues. Take 3 capsules per day

MSM: Produces a good source of prganic sulfur needed for cell repair. Sulfur group compounds will bind with mercury (heavy metals) and if a deficiency exists, the muercury can be carried into the central nervous system. Start slow wit the MSM, take 1/4 teaspoons, three times a day with equal amounts of powered vitamin C mixed with water and work up to 2 teaspoons a day twice a day.

Bears Garlic: Garlic is a sulphur-based compound and works as MSM does. Take 10 drops, three times a day in warm water and sip, other types of garlic works also.

Chorella: A broken or crakced cell wall Chorella is needed because the cell wall is what binds with mercury. Low doses of Chorella will mobilize more mercury that it will bind with, where as high doses will bind with more mercury than it can mobilize.While detoxing, if you feel worse, take more Chorella. Start with 3-5 capsules, three times a day, every OTHER day...increase after 7 days to DOUBLE the amount during your detox program.

Cilantro Extract: This extract works inside the cell. It displaces mercury into the connective tissue, in other words, moves it from a hard place to mobilize it. Take 10 drops, 3-4 times a day. If you start to feel worse, increase your Chorella intake.

THIS seems like a lot to do for detoxing heavy metals, BUT better to spend money now, when you are healthy, than later in life, when you cannot do such a program and the metals start becoming irratic and changing your cells into cancerous cells.

If you put in "heavy metal detox" into google, you should come across a bunch of sites which will talk about the above ingredients as well as others.

Take care of you,
Carmen

#13 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 November 2004 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE(Arpazia @ Nov 8 2004, 12:52 PM)
Carmoon:  Thank you so much for all the advice that you posted here.  I have been off of Accutane for almost two weeks due to financial reasons and have began taking a lot of vitamins and supplements.

Each day, I take a liver cleanser, vitamin B6, Evening Primrose Oil, Ester-C, Iron and Acidophilus and have been eating lemons (strange) and putting Apple Cider Vinegar on my face.  The results, thus far, are amazing.

Taking these vitamins in combination with drinking a ton of water has done wonders for my skin.  My face stopped breaking out and has started to feel extremely smooth.  I attribute the majority of this success to Evening Primrose Oil and the liver cleanser since the others are supplements I took prior to reading your post.  I am happy that this has worked for both of us and I hope others out there can benefit as well!

View Post

What Liver Cleanser, Acidophilus and Evening Primrose Oil do you take?

#14 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 November 2004 - 09:49 PM

I was actually thinking of getting Chlorella as I read a lot of positive things about it. Anyone know a good brand?

I was thinking of getting this one. http://www.vitacost....hText=chlorella

#15 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 November 2004 - 10:03 PM

Another shining example of how well herbal medicine works.

That... and the dermatologist-prescribed pill that gets too little credit in your post.

But congrats on being clear.

#16 Arpazia

Arpazia

Arpazia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2004 - 02:09 PM

The entire time I was on Accutane, my skin continously broke out. It only stopped a few days after I couldn't afford to fill the prescription (gotta love insurance companies) and it hasn't broken out since. The only time when my breakouts went "away" happened after the doctor injected me with cortisone. Then, they came right back.

Right now, I am with all these red blemishes that were once pimples or pimples that are decreasing in size. If anyone can suggest a supplement that might help with the redness, it would be extremely appreciated by me and several other members. I know Accutane works for a lot of people. In my case, it only seemed to irritate an already irritable situation.

Who knows? I could break out again. If that happens, I will get the Accutane prescription filled and pimp out my friends for the extra cash but I will continue to take all the vitamins and supplements that I have been taking for the past few weeks.

The Evening Primrose Oil I am taking is made by Health From The Sun. The Acidophilus is Pharmasure. I'm not certain what the liver cleanser is because it is in my car but I remember is was $29 and I had to write a few bad checks after that splurge. Fortunately, they didn't bounce. I am also taking Ester-C by Oil of Olay. Since I am on limited funds, I buy what I can afford which might not be top of the line but it seems to be working.

#17 carmoon

carmoon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2004 - 03:27 PM

Right now, I am with all these red blemishes that were once pimples or pimples that are decreasing in size.  If anyone can suggest a supplement that might help with the redness, it would be extremely appreciated by me and several other members.  I know Accutane works for a lot of people.  In my case, it only seemed to irritate an already irritable situation. 

I myself have not used a supplement for the red marks I had, I used a cream, actually a wrinkle cream, from ROC which contains Vitamin a, c, & e. Basically what it did was dry out my skin, and bring up new skin cells. It took about two months for all my red marks to go away, but in the end, my skin was so smooth and wrinkle free *laughs* and all clear of red marks.

About your accutane making things worse, sounds to me, and I know my herbalist would agree, sounds like your liver is congested and unable to tolerate medicine. I would take a good liver combo pill, Milk Thistle and Dandelion, other ingredients added is awesome, but make sure the two, milk thistle and dandelion are in there.

Carmen

#18 carmoon

carmoon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2004 - 02:46 PM

One more thing...

I have now started a lymph node cleanse, which is NOW causing large cystic pimples on my chin line and below...

After some research and discussion with my herbalis - this is normal and GOOD for me, as it is cleansing out my lymph nodes, which were obviously clogged and in need of a cleanse.

I am taking a tea - made of the following ingredients:

Red Clover, Chapparel, Calendula, Spearmint, Cleavers

I am having to suffer with the large pimples, but I know in the end, I am suffering for good reason, cleansing out my lymph nodes is totally worth the 4 pimples I have - and knowing that once the cleanse is done, I won't have them again is also good news.

Cleanse cleanse cleanse, it is all worth it for me - and I stand by the cleanse, especially as a female, the main reason for breast cancer is the lymph nodes are unable to drain the fluids...

Take care of you
Carmen

#19 Arpazia

Arpazia

Arpazia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2004 - 02:55 PM

Is there a way to do a lymph node cleanse without the tea?

I currently have a giant cyst on my forehead which I am getting injected tomorrow and another one right below my ear that won't go away. Do you think after the lymph node cleanse, that will be the end of my cystic acne?

I am willing to try anything although I have to confess having twelve bottles of different vitamins and supplements on my desk at work must raise concern with my co-workers.

#20 HUMMMMMMMElectricHUMMMM

HUMMMMMMMElectricHUMMMM

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2004 - 05:48 PM

That's a very extensive range of pills to eat.

I keep it simple and go:

Vitamin C
Vitamin B
Zinc

or nothing at all or multivitamin