6 replies to this topic

#1 imc042

imc042

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:56 PM

Hi,

I have just joined the forum. I'm on tetracycline antibiotics right now and I'm also using benzoyl peroxide topically at night which has cleared up my acne quite a bit. I wanted to ask a question about the scars I have after years of acne. I'm not sure what kind of scars they are and am wondering what my treatment options are for them?

photo (2).jpg

photo - Copy (2).jpg

#2 LeadingForce

LeadingForce

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:55 PM

big pores

#3 4meracneguy

4meracneguy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:59 PM

pores

#4 Robertitoo

Robertitoo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:30 PM

pores and exfoliating and light peels, other wise great skin. you're lucky :)

#5 imc042

imc042

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:03 PM

Thanks for the replies. It was really hard for me to tell because they are slightly pitted. I had been looking into 100% TCA cross but I was thinking that the scars seem to small to even do this with them effectively. Maybe I would benefit from a milder TCA peel all over but I've read that you can't do this if your acne is still active? Also, wouldn't it be a bad idea to do this peel and to be using BP / tetracycline at the same time? I've just started looking into it recently and I need to do alot more research. Anyone know of a good resource for this kind of thing, like a concise walkthrough for pre peel, peel, and post peel sort of thing?

pores and exfoliating and light peels, other wise great skin. you're lucky smile.png

Thanks. This made me feel better after having the worst day imaginable. smile.png

#6 jfiligree

jfiligree

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

These are just pores and they're not even big (especially for male skin, which tends to have larger pores).  Look around celebrity-closeup.com to see what I mean - we're just used to seeing flawless skin in advertising when nobody has pore-free skin.  Pores cannot physically shrink but you can make them appear smaller by keeping them cleaned out.  You do appear to have sebaceous filaments on your nose (everyone has them - they're the black dots) that might make them look larger to you.  I would suggest a daily BHA like red Stridex pads and/or try the oil cleansing method - they're both great for making your skin's texture appear better (and also help acne).  I would suggest against doing anything drastic.  Overall, you've got nothing to worry about!

Edited by jfiligree, 03 February 2014 - 11:07 PM.

#7 luvskincare13

luvskincare13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

clogged pores on your nose. A good retinol would benefit you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users