I, unfortunately like so many others, have been dealing with acne for the better part of my life. My acne has gotten much worse over the past three years after starting a job which is more stressful than my last. I can't even remember what it's like to have clear skin anymore, at all times it seems like I have multiple pimples, most of them cystic around my mouth, chin and nose area. Some of them are strange too with no pain and unresponsive to cortisone shorts. I'm hoping that someone out there can help shed some light on how to see some improvement!
A little history on things I have tried:
- Accutane three times over six years (the last time three months in I was still breaking out, but with dime size welts everywhere so my doctor pulled me off)
- Clindamycin, Differin and Retin A
- Antibiotics (mino among others which I took for two straight years about three years ago, seems like it's made things worse long term)
- The Regimen (did for about 7 years with good success but not as effective now)
- Every topical out there...from drugstore to online to Paula's Choice to Face Reality Clinic
- Multipe estheticians and even accupuncture
- Diet including green tea, fish oil, zinc, vitamin D, probiotics
- Exercise (I regularly do mutliple times every week)
All of this hasn't helped a bit lately and things are worse than ever. It's depressing to say the least as everyone I know my age (or see) doesn't have to deal with acne, at least not to the degree I do.
I'm wondering, are there any other males that still deal/have dealt with this or does anyone have suggestions? I feel like I've tried everything under the sun but nothing works.
The one thing I do believe is the stress of my job is aggrivating if not causing the situation as I have noticed brief periods of time clearing up when things calm down at work. Short of quitting my job (which I have considered) I'm hoping there is another solution and that someone out there has some experience with this or has some advice. I'm beginning to think that maybe vitamin B (my lips are constantly chapped which I read could be a sign of deficiency) or supplements that help with cortisol/androgens may be helpful?
Guy or girl, if anyone that deals with adult acne has any advice on something new that may help I would happily welcome your advice.