Photo

What Is Causing My Forehead Acne/oily Skin?

forehead oily skin bumpy natural

3 replies to this topic

#1 Centrocercus

Centrocercus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:26 AM

I'm 17 years old and since I was about 13 I've had mild acne. It used to be more severe and allover my face, but about 2 years ago I became really interested in health in nutrition and for the past year in particular, I've cleaned up my diet completely (I used to eat everything in sight). I'm really disappointed though, because even though my acne is now relatively mild and my cheeks cleared up completely since my lifestyle change, I still have persistent forehead acne and an oily forehead.

My cheeks and chin are smooth like any other part of my skin, but my forehead is ALWAYS bumpy, even if there aren't any active bumps, it is always covered in flesh coloured bumps?

I've heard somewhere that forehead acne is a sign of digestive issues or diet related problems, but I'm completely stuck and don't know where to go from here? I eat heaps of fresh fruit and veggies, drink cold pressed fruit and veg juice 3-4 times a week, eat whole grains (eg. oats, rice), legumes (eg. lentils, chickpeas, beans), plenty of healthy fats (olive oil, coconut oil, avocado, all types of nuts), if I eat sweets it'll be something like 85% chocolate/organic chocolate, and I sweeten things with coconut sugar or honey. I also eat organic eggs occasionally, and sometimes eat seafood. I drink plenty of water, and do about 30 minutes of moderate exercise 5-6 times a week. I don't eat wheat, meat, dairy, soy, most processed food (at least no additives/modified ingredients), or vegetable oils. I also take b12 supplements.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm really happy with my diet and I feel really great, my blood levels are all great and I'm not deficient in anything. Is this just genetics? I've tried numerous things to try and get this in control, but NOTHING has worked. I don't touch products anymore (I used to use Sukin skincare but it did nothing). I've tried oatmeal, tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar, epsom salts, sea salt, manuka honey, bicarb, witch hazel… there is nothing else I can try topically. I won't go near the oil cleansing method because I've heard horror stories about people who have ruined their skin with it.

Does anybody have any advice? I'm just so tired and annoyed that my forehead makes me look like somebody who doesn't care about what they put into their body? Some people can just eat anything and their skin doesn't reflect their insides.

Any advice is much appreciated x

#2 Centrocercus

Centrocercus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:59 AM

Does anyone suggest taking probiotics? I've never taken them, but would taking a probiotic every morning such as Inner Health Plus help?

#3 missC1990

missC1990

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:50 AM

I have the exact same problem. My forehead pores are not always clogged, but even when they aren't my forehead is a complete oil slick. Even diane 35 did not get rid of that, so I suppose there's nothing to do about it. I don't really care as much for the oil, as long as there are no breakouts! I think you can try specific skin care products that get red of oil or block DHT. 

#4 Hawaii4Life

Hawaii4Life

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Lifting, Beach, Life.

Achievements

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:41 PM

I'm 17 years old and since I was about 13 I've had mild acne. It used to be more severe and allover my face, but about 2 years ago I became really interested in health in nutrition and for the past year in particular, I've cleaned up my diet completely (I used to eat everything in sight). I'm really disappointed though, because even though my acne is now relatively mild and my cheeks cleared up completely since my lifestyle change, I still have persistent forehead acne and an oily forehead.

My cheeks and chin are smooth like any other part of my skin, but my forehead is ALWAYS bumpy, even if there aren't any active bumps, it is always covered in flesh coloured bumps?

I've heard somewhere that forehead acne is a sign of digestive issues or diet related problems, but I'm completely stuck and don't know where to go from here? I eat heaps of fresh fruit and veggies, drink cold pressed fruit and veg juice 3-4 times a week, eat whole grains (eg. oats, rice), legumes (eg. lentils, chickpeas, beans), plenty of healthy fats (olive oil, coconut oil, avocado, all types of nuts), if I eat sweets it'll be something like 85% chocolate/organic chocolate, and I sweeten things with coconut sugar or honey. I also eat organic eggs occasionally, and sometimes eat seafood. I drink plenty of water, and do about 30 minutes of moderate exercise 5-6 times a week. I don't eat wheat, meat, dairy, soy, most processed food (at least no additives/modified ingredients), or vegetable oils. I also take b12 supplements.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm really happy with my diet and I feel really great, my blood levels are all great and I'm not deficient in anything. Is this just genetics? I've tried numerous things to try and get this in control, but NOTHING has worked. I don't touch products anymore (I used to use Sukin skincare but it did nothing). I've tried oatmeal, tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar, epsom salts, sea salt, manuka honey, bicarb, witch hazel… there is nothing else I can try topically. I won't go near the oil cleansing method because I've heard horror stories about people who have ruined their skin with it.

Does anybody have any advice? I'm just so tired and annoyed that my forehead makes me look like somebody who doesn't care about what they put into their body? Some people can just eat anything and their skin doesn't reflect their insides.

Any advice is much appreciated x

I've been taking probiotics for quite some time now and trust me its high quality organic probiotics no bottled up shelf crap. And I can honestly tell you they dont effect my acne one way or the other. However I do have pretty much the same situation and that still being my forehead. I have to use a bp wash for my forehead and moisturize because that seems to be the only thing that works for that area. I also eat very good and rarely touch sweets so I have a feeling its either hormonal or something genetic bound

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users