#21 CarpeMomentum

CarpeMomentum

Feeling blessed and thankful daily

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:03 AM

I completely understand and feel the same way in this new relationship.  I've told him I'm dealing with a hormonal treatment right now due to the craziness after stopping competing bodybuilding last year, but I haven't said hey so I'm breaking out because of it :/  It'd be easier to just do that, but I'm hoping to ride this out and move forward.  When we started dating it was before Spiro and the IB and so therefore he saw me w pretty good skin and even complimented it before.  Can't say he would now if he saw my red marks.  He might and might not even care or notice since it's been about 3 months.  Dating is hard enough, add self esteem issues and man it's even harder.  It's all self torture at this point.  I keep trying to tell myself get over it, don't worry, but you know it's not the easy.  One day closer to our goal is all that matters.

I use the DDF Glycolic Toner after Cerave foaming wash.  It really helps exfoliate and shrink the red marks. Slow process obviously.

I just posted this the other day:

Diet on the regular:

Snacks- Carrots, celery, cucumbers, endive, hummus, white bean hummus, garbanzo bean flatbread (homemade), udis gluten free bread w coconut butter, brown rice tortillas, pumpkin seeds, flax crackers, julians paleo bread- either coconut or almond.  I like to bake Paleo style minus the honey so I cook w almond flour and coconut flour.

Breakfast- usually hot quinoa or gluten free oats.oat bran w blueberries, or udis gluten free toast w coconut butter

Meals- Salmon, bison, turkey, chicken breast, kale, spinach, broccoli, mushrooms, onions, asparagus, zucchini, peppers, cauliflower lots of garlic and ginger, pretty much any veggies, brown rice, sweet potatos, quinoa, lentils, beans, black bean pasta, salad, gluten free vegan burgers, coconut oil for cooking and mrs dash.  I love to cook, but usually end up baking or grilling a protein and sauteeing a bunch of veggies and making a mixed "bowl" of yumminess.

Water, Spearmint tea, unsweetened almond milk, ginger.turmeric tea,

"Cheats" - Vegan/gluten free coconut macaroons, gluten free cereal, no sugar added coconut milk ice cream

I avoid soy, alocohol, most fruit, corn and white rice.

I restrict dairy, eggs, sugar, chocolate, caffeine and gluten.

Spiro 75mg

Ocella

Makeup Artists Choice

Mandelic Acid Cleanser

Mandelic Acid Toner

Cerave PM  

Sometimes I exfoliate.  I did sware by facial peels by MUAC earlier this year and would absolutely pick them up again.

#22 tallnsweet

tallnsweet

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:49 PM

Day 36 more and more breakouts having a bad day blahhhhhh

#23 CarpeMomentum

CarpeMomentum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

I'm 6+ weeks in and still have some coming up as well on my jawline mainly or clogged pores that are coming out.  Remember our pores need to clear themselves out and then they will stay clear.  Hang in there, you know this worked before.  Keep the faith, head up and smiling girl.  You've got this!    I wake up everyday in this battle and can't wait for it to be over, but days are going by no matter what. Time will continue to pass.  Stay strong and beautiful :)

Spiro 75mg

Ocella

Makeup Artists Choice

Mandelic Acid Cleanser

Mandelic Acid Toner

Cerave PM  

Sometimes I exfoliate.  I did sware by facial peels by MUAC earlier this year and would absolutely pick them up again.

#24 tallnsweet

tallnsweet

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:40 PM

Day 38 more and more pimples, my complexion is so uneven and bumpy, when will the new pimples stoppppppppppp

#25 Valerie44

Valerie44

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me
  • Interests:I love spending time with my family and wonderful husband. I also enjoy going to the movies, working out, shopping, and anything to do with beauty. Plz feel free to add me as a friend, would love to chat with people who are going thru the same acne issues as me.

Achievements

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:24 PM

By the 3rd or 4th month you should be noticing less new pimples, it was at its worst with me around the 2nd month....Hang in there!!

Edited by VaLeRiE43, 12 February 2014 - 05:05 PM.

MORNING

Wash face with Skinceuticals Simply Clean
Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Moisturizer
Take Minocycline 100mg (when needed)

NIGHT
Take Spironolactone 50 mg
Wash face with Skinceuticals Simply Clean
Apply Aczone 5%
Retin-A .1% (waits 20 to 30 mins before applying)

MAKEUP

Origins Silk Screen Powder in Light Spice from Macys

Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Foundation
Lancôme Blush in Shimmery Pink Pool
Origins Lipstick in Buttercup
BareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara in Black
Sephora Contour Eye Pencil Water Proof in Black Lace

#26 Michelle Reece

Michelle Reece

Skin care fanatic and scientific stickler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, playing video games and bird watching.

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:46 PM

Hormonal treatments and retinoids really kick in at the 6 month mark. Feels like forever, but well worth it! :)

Edited by Michelle Reece, 12 February 2014 - 04:46 PM.

#27 CarpeMomentum

CarpeMomentum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

How are you doing today?  Hopefully things will start calming down for you very soon. 

Spiro 75mg

Ocella

Makeup Artists Choice

Mandelic Acid Cleanser

Mandelic Acid Toner

Cerave PM  

#28 tallnsweet

tallnsweet

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:50 AM

DAY 44-
At 6 1/2 weeks and still really oily, still getting multiple breakouts everyday, luckily my pimples are rarely inflamed so my face is just covered in all sorts of bumps but few are red. My complexion is dull and extremely blotchy, still not seeing results yet.
Thanks guys for all the support was really dreading my period starting this month but it actually wasnt too bad definitely broke out with new pimples but not too bad which is what im reminding myself of today is that it could be soooo much worse. Must get back on my diet this week I think this is slowing my progress rate.

#29 CarpeMomentum

CarpeMomentum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

Glad you are hanging in there!  I know how you feel, of course it could be worse, but still it would be great if it was better ;)  I'm still pretty oily too.  Wondering when that is going to change.  Just started my 2nd pack of yasmin yesterday, so hope another month of the two helps.  Have those damn clogged pores to contend with....hate those suckers.

Spiro 75mg

Ocella

Makeup Artists Choice

Mandelic Acid Cleanser

Mandelic Acid Toner

Cerave PM  

#30 CarpeMomentum

CarpeMomentum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:52 AM

How are you doing this week!?  You are almost at 2 months, I hope things have gotten a bit better over the last week for you :)

DAY 44-
At 6 1/2 weeks and still really oily, still getting multiple breakouts everyday, luckily my pimples are rarely inflamed so my face is just covered in all sorts of bumps but few are red. My complexion is dull and extremely blotchy, still not seeing results yet.
Thanks guys for all the support was really dreading my period starting this month but it actually wasnt too bad definitely broke out with new pimples but not too bad which is what im reminding myself of today is that it could be soooo much worse. Must get back on my diet this week I think this is slowing my progress rate.

Spiro 75mg

Ocella

Makeup Artists Choice

Mandelic Acid Cleanser

Mandelic Acid Toner

Cerave PM  

#31 tallnsweet

tallnsweet

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

Day 55, havent been on in awhile things actually stopped popping up and I thought I may have reached the peak of the mountain and hoped it would be downhill from here, wrong!! Woke up yesterday with a pimple that today turned into a cyst, 4 new ones on my chin and two on my lip and one by my nose....not including all the clogged pores and noninflamed pimples I alreadyhad, I have been eating sugar, carbs and dairy for the last two weeks looks like there is a link between Diet and acne. Told myself I would give it two months before I would think about starting epiduo.....at this point its not sounding great cant deal with a additional initional breakout

#32 CarpeMomentum

CarpeMomentum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:32 AM

How are you hanging in there?  I know it's been another week for you so hoping that this has brought some relief for you.  The last month was absolutely a challenge for me mentally, emotionally, and physically.  I am working everyday to stay positive and I hope you can find the strength to do the same.  Things are getting better and I want to share that hope wiht you it will get better.  You deserve a break I am sure from this all, we will have it soon, I have such faith. 

Spiro 75mg

Ocella

Makeup Artists Choice

Mandelic Acid Cleanser

Mandelic Acid Toner

Cerave PM  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users