Photo

The Effects Of Topical Agent (Kelo-Cote Or Contractubex) Massage On The Thickness Of Post-Burn Scar Tissue

topical scar burn kelo-cote contractubex massage

3 replies to this topic

#1 Sirius Lee

Sirius Lee

Slurper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:55 PM

An interesting article worth sharing:

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3840175/

Abstract

Background

We conducted an experimental study to compare the effect of massage using topical agents (Kelo-cote or Contractubex) on scar formation by massaging the healed burn wound on the dorsal area of Sprague-Dawley (SD) rats.

Methods

Four areas of second degree contact burn were made on the dorsal area of each of 15 SD rats, using a soldering iron 15 mm in diameter. After gross epithelialization in the defect, 15 SD rats were randomly divided into four groups: the Kelo-cote group, Contractubex group, Vaseline group, and control group. Rats in three of the groups (all but the Control group) were massaged twice per day for 5 minutes each day, while those in the Control group were left unattended. For histologic analysis, we performed a biopsy and evaluated the thickness of scar tissue.

Results

In the Kelo-cote and Contractubex groups, scar tissue thicknesses showed a significant decrease, compared with the Vaseline and control groups. However, no significant differences were observed between the Kelo-cote and Contractubex groups. In the Vaseline group, scar tissue thicknesses showed a significant decrease, compared with the control groups.
There is no life without water. Use it to your advantage.

#2 pursuit of happyness

pursuit of happyness

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:00 PM

that's seem to be good for people suffer from hypertrophic scars not atrophic scars , i also read studies about Chinese topical called mebo ointment ,it's work well with healing burns wounds , it's contain  Sesame Oil ,Beta-sitosterol ,Berberine and other amino acids , i plan to to try it with micro needling , the problem that the topical contain powerful anti inflammatory agents and that's may effect the mechanism of needling that work by trigger controlled wound and inflammation is part of process , and that's may effect the outcome of needling !!

#3 Sirius Lee

Sirius Lee

Slurper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:53 AM

Interesting. Is the mebo ointment widely available? Anyway keep us posted with your progress. As for me, I've only recently picked up copper peptide so I want to see how good it is before making the switch to something else. Otherwise, I'll be all over the map.
There is no life without water. Use it to your advantage.

#4 LeadingForce

LeadingForce

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:00 PM

oil usually clog pores

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users