make up do i wear makeup to the derm make up to the derm

3 replies to this topic

#1 pls

pls

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me
  • Interests:i'm interested in having clear skin, hbu?

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

I have a derm appointment tomorrow right after school. I wear makeup to school everyday on my cheeks to cover up the redness and breakouts. There is no way im going to school without it. So since my appointment is after school, do i go to the derm with makeup on? Btw after school, my makeup looks horrible and cracked and worn off, but still way better than without it. I dont want to go with makeup because i want him to see my skin how it really is. It looks different and better with makeup on it. Should i take a baby wipe with me and remove the make up in the car? I know baby wipes probably wouldnt be good, but i dont have any makeup wipes/remover (i use cleanser to remove makeup) and i dont think i can go to the store today, and the derm appointment is tmrw. Also, would the baby wipes remove oil? Cuz i want the derm to see how oily my skin is because thats a big problem, and i even want accutane for it.

#2 Kezan

Kezan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

I used to have the exact same problem. My appointments would always be after school and there is no way in hell I'd go without it. Also, I think you should take off your make up maybe in the waiting area? whenever I go, it's usually empty so I do it then. First time i did go without removing it and he asked me to remove it so he can see how seriously bad my acne was. Also, it will convince him to prescribe accutane to you even better since he will see it. And carry a little foundation bottle and just re-apply in the washroom before you leave. That's what I do, I have been on accutane for 4 months now. Oh and baby wipes should be fine, I used them once before, just use many to remove as much makeup as you can.

Best of luck!

#3 pls

pls

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me
  • Interests:i'm interested in having clear skin, hbu?

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

Thanks! 

#4 Kim28

Kim28

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:53 PM

My derm's office has a bathroom (most do, I would think!), so I just bring my face wash with me to work on days I have an appt after and wash up in the derm's office bathroom right before. Then I drive straight home after and hope no one I know sees me on the way!

Edited by Kim28, 26 January 2014 - 07:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users