Photo

Oatmeal Water Kept Extremely Oily Skin Matte All Night

oily skin oatmeal oatmeal for oily skin oatmeal water oatmeal milk matte skin oatmeal for acne oatmeal for redness

4 replies to this topic

#1 bashfulfox

bashfulfox

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me
  • Interests:i'm interested in having clear skin, hbu?

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:53 AM

Ok guys, this is so exciting. inkdjsdhgnbrjtdnvimkdf Ok, so my skin has been breaking out badly lately and it's very red, irritated, and flaky around those areas because ive used tea tree oil. So i wanted to use an oatmeal mask to soothe it. BUT my parents were around and i dont like to do skincare thinggs around them bc i get embarrassed. So i decided only to use the milky, liquid that comes out of the oatmeal when you wet it, so that it wont be as noticeable as having whole oats on my face.I used old fashioned oats, so it took a lil while for the liquid to come out. But i squeezed the oats and got the milk (lets call it that) and applied it to my dry face, Btw, i did this at night right after washing and drying my face. It does apply streaky, or atleast it did for me bc i ended up applying the oatmeal to my face and rubbing it till it didnt feel as watery on my face and felt creamier. Then i picked off the oatmeal (took forever) and left the oatmeal milk. It left my face with white streaks, and it looks like you have ashy, dry skin. i didnt apply any moisturizer after and i went to bed. Usually when i wake up from bed, my face is so oily and greasy, if i touch my forehead, my finger will slip. its just crazy. my face will look as if its been doused in olive oil. But today, IT WAS MATTE, I SHIT YOU NOT. oshfgkbgsvdkfjbdfvntr i couldnt believe it. I first woke up, and touched my forehead. It still felt like i had the oatmeal milk on, so i was surprised that it didnt wear off. (actually i think it wore off a BIT, but i was still matte!!) I was sure it was still gunna look oily tho. But i looked in the mirror and my whole face was matte!!!!(The breakouts dried up a bit too!) I couldnt believe it. This is crazy guys. I didnt think anything in the world could do this. Milk of magnesia doesnt even come close to this. I am wondering if it will have the same effect over moisturizer. I am going to try it out today, over moisturizer and under makeup. The problem is, it has a streaky finish like MOM. But im thinking i could just wet a paper towel and rub the streaky areas till they go away. What are your thoughts on this? I just wanted to share this with every one. Im so excited about it, and i hope it works over moisturizer. Btw i go to the derm tomorrow and im still hoping for accutane. I will share my regimen when i get back from the derm Send positive thoughts me way! thanks (:

Edited by bashfulfox, 26 January 2014 - 06:48 PM.

#2 Tyler R

Tyler R

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:47 PM

The natural effects of oatmeal for the skin have been known for quite some time.  Most people use the oatmeal as a face wash/exfoliator when in the shower.  I have used it and have seen the oatmeal 'milk' that comes out when it is in contact with water.  I think as a face wash method it works alright.

If you type in "oatmeal milk face mask" on google, I think it's the second link, (wikihow) tells you a way easier method of obtaining the the milk.  Just an FYI.

While it is nice to see your enthusiasm about your discovery I wouldn't get your hopes up after using it just one time.  Let's see how the oatmeal primer holds up during the day when you are around people and different climates then when you are sleeping at night and your face is at its calmest state.  Either way keep us informed. 

#3 bashfulfox

bashfulfox

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:32 AM

Ok well unfortunately it didnt work as well over moisturizer. It was pretty much like rubbing water over my moisturizer and it didnt feel nice, but it dried matte. It definitely didn't stay matte though. And also, i think i exaggerated. Looking back, when i used it at night, i dont think my face was matte. I think it was SLIGHTLY oily, but thats still a MASSIVE difference to how usually extremely oily my skin is. I am now using it every night and also in the morning but UNDER my moisturizer to calm irritated skin. I'm still very happy with it, and i notice my skin is a bit calmed down in the morning.

#4 Tyler R

Tyler R

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

Lol I could tell you were just really excited about not having any oil.  I understand.  I haven't found any kind of primer, lotion, mask that keeps the oil from eventually penetrating to the surface.  You are a girl so I know there are mattifying agents you could probably use.  

When I use it I noticed that it completely calms the redness but once I wash it off, the redness returns.  I tried putting jojoba oil on over it as a moisturizer but the oatmeal mask kind of crusted through and it felt weird.  What kind of moisturizer do you use on top and do you have any problems with flaking?

#5 bashfulfox

bashfulfox

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:54 PM

I use cetaphil derma control oil control moisturizer with spf. (no moisturizer at night)  I dont have probs with flaking. and that happens to me too. The redness looks calmed but when i wash it, it returns :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users