caveman flakey

2 replies to this topic

#1 johndoe93

johndoe93

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

Some background info about me is that I've had acne since I was about 12-14 and have tried everything to get rid of it. I started doing the caveman regimen for about 6 months or so and have had great success in improving my acne. The only problem I'm having is when I exfoliate (about once a week) it only gets like one layer of dead skin and I spend the next couple days trying to get the little bits and pieces left behind. It doesn't matter if i scrub lightly or hard with my washcloth the same thing happens the next couple days. Is this because I used chemical products for about 7-8 years on my face and it's going to be like that for a while? Any help is appreciated!

#2 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:26 PM

Try using a cloth daily. And be gentle. Or oil cleanse. You can also try something like a yogurt mask. Yogurt has a probiotic that stimulates the production od ceramides. and of course, the lactic acid exfoliates. Mix with turmeric powder which s also great for skin problems.
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#3 CelloIsLove

CelloIsLove

Pedo-stache <3

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:54 PM

Alternativista always has awesome advice. Second on the oil cleansing. You don't have to go all out and do the face-steaming bit, just massage your face once a week or so with oil (jojoba works well for most people, it's the ONLY oil that works for me), and wipe it off with a warm, wet washcloth. Moisturize with two or three drops of oil afterwards.

I find that excess carbs/sugars in my diet tend to cause excess flaky and oily skin, so you may benefit from cutting back on these things. Also, make sure you're getting enough sunshine.

I'm CelloIsLove.

Here's the problem I see:

People want to heal their acne through diet and lifestyle. Great. But then they get obsessed only with their skin and not how they FEEL. Physically. Emotionally. What is the quality of your life? It's not directly connected to your flesh, I can tell you that. Then obsess over their food. They hear "diet" and think low-fat, juicing, fasting, cleansing, starving. You're young. Do you really think you have liver failure? Do you really think you need more fiber?

Paleo changed my life. It's the only lifestyle that ever helped me-not just with my skin, but with my life. My happiness. My fitness. It says, "Eat good quality meats. Eat lots of veggies. Eat fruit too. Some nuts. Then go outside. Walk around. See the world. Play with friends. Lift heavy things. Get some sun. Then go sleep, wake up and do it again." What that means to me is to live an enjoyable, happy, dynamic life where I can be the best me for the people I love, not anxious, not angry, not depressed.

Be gentle to your skin, your heart, your tummy, and your life.

Get out there and live.

And also eat bacon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users