caveman flakey

2 replies to this topic

#1 johndoe93

johndoe93

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

Some background info about me is that I've had acne since I was about 12-14 and have tried everything to get rid of it. I started doing the caveman regimen for about 6 months or so and have had great success in improving my acne. The only problem I'm having is when I exfoliate (about once a week) it only gets like one layer of dead skin and I spend the next couple days trying to get the little bits and pieces left behind. It doesn't matter if i scrub lightly or hard with my washcloth the same thing happens the next couple days. Is this because I used chemical products for about 7-8 years on my face and it's going to be like that for a while? Any help is appreciated!

#2 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:26 PM

Try using a cloth daily. And be gentle. Or oil cleanse. You can also try something like a yogurt mask. Yogurt has a probiotic that stimulates the production od ceramides. and of course, the lactic acid exfoliates. Mix with turmeric powder which s also great for skin problems.

#3 CelloIsLove

CelloIsLove

Pedo-stache <3

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:54 PM

Alternativista always has awesome advice. Second on the oil cleansing. You don't have to go all out and do the face-steaming bit, just massage your face once a week or so with oil (jojoba works well for most people, it's the ONLY oil that works for me), and wipe it off with a warm, wet washcloth. Moisturize with two or three drops of oil afterwards.

I find that excess carbs/sugars in my diet tend to cause excess flaky and oily skin, so you may benefit from cutting back on these things. Also, make sure you're getting enough sunshine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users