Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Acne Getting On Ortho Cyclen..help

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I need some help here..I have a few questions.

I was on Alesse for 4 years when I was switched to Seasonale in Jan 2013- my acne never got any worse when the switch was made, but never got better either. I was dealing with super oily skin and clogged pores. I did start noticing some back breakouts and chest breakouts around May-June.

After reading the high androgenic acitivty in these birth controls could be causing the excessive oily skin and breakouts- I switched to Ortho Cyclen on Dec 16 2013- a month ago.

Im noticing more and more cystic pimples- and I'm wondering what to do :( Its getting awful and very painful.

This is supposed to be a better birth control- although not FDA approved, it has the same hormones as Ortho Tri Cyclen- just steady(monophasic).

My question is- why didn't it get worse when I switched from Alesse to Seasonale?

Will it get better and should I stick through?

Help!!! :(

I was on Alesse for 4 years when I was switched to Seasonale in Jan 2013- my acne never got any worse when the switch was made, but never got better either. I was dealing with super oily skin and clogged pores. I did start noticing some back breakouts and chest breakouts around May-June.

After reading the high androgenic acitivty in these birth controls could be causing the excessive oily skin and breakouts- I switched to Ortho Cyclen on Dec 16 2013- a month ago.

Im noticing more and more cystic pimples- and I'm wondering what to do sad.png Its getting awful and very painful.

This is supposed to be a better birth control- although not FDA approved, it has the same hormones as Ortho Tri Cyclen- just steady(monophasic).

My question is- why didn't it get worse when I switched from Alesse to Seasonale?

Help!!! sad.png

I just looked it up and it seems that both Seasonale and Alesse have the same ingredient, while Ortho Cyclen has a different one. A lot of people experience an initial breakout when going on a birth control, and they say it gets worse before it gets better. I'm currently going through something similar. I'd started Diane 35 over a month ago and it's been giving me a lot more acne than I had while I was off the pill. Same happened with Yaz, which I eventually gave up after like 2 motnhs. But I'm trying to stick with Diane right now and power through it to see if it's really just temporary. Good luck!

Im noticing more and more cystic pimples- and I'm wondering what to do sad.png Its getting awful and very painful.

Help!!! sad.png

I just looked it up and it seems that both Seasonale and Alesse have the same ingredient, while Ortho Cyclen has a different one. A lot of people experience an initial breakout when going on a birth control, and they say it gets worse before it gets better. I'm currently going through something similar. I'd started Diane 35 over a month ago and it's been giving me a lot more acne than I had while I was off the pill. Same happened with Yaz, which I eventually gave up after like 2 motnhs. But I'm trying to stick with Diane right now and power through it to see if it's really just temporary. Good luck!

Totally agree with this explanation. I know it's hard, but stick it out guys :)

1 person likes this