Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CrayonsNglu

Need Clear Skin For Wedding!

3 posts in this topic

Hey all, I am new to this site but not new to acne.

Since I hit puberty I have been friends with acne. The teenage acne has died down since then but now (I'm 23) I get those pesky under-the-skin bumps and sometimes cysts-especially around that time of the month. But even when its not that time, I still get them. Now in my picture you def can't tell cuz then i was on minocycline for the first time and my skin was wonderful. I am on it again and while its helping a little I still have about three inflamed under-the-skin pimples but they are not as large as they usually are. I am getting married in July and am going to see a dermatologist soon. I don't want to go on bc because I don't do well with those, and I don't want to go on accutane. If minocycline isn't working should I try a different antibiotic....or attempt accutane? I have heard bactrim is great. I need something that will clear me up in time for my wedding day! Advice?

Congrats on your wedding!

Bactrim works great for a lot of people, especially a new user like you. I used it for approx 3 years starting 6 years ago with miraculous results. After coming off, everything eventually came back. Ive been back on for about a year and while it doesnt do the job it used, it still very much helps.

Please keep in mind this is a powerful antibiotic, allergies are very common, and side effects could be severe. But this is the same w/ any drug. Long term use of antibiotics is never a good thing, but for me, Id rather deal with whatever happens later on, later on, and keep myself sane w/ relatively clear skin.

That being said, Id recommend discussing w/ your derm a sulphur wash, Sulpha-sulfacetamide lotion as a topical (research Klaron or any generic of same), and the Bactrim.

Hope everything out well.

1 person likes this

Morning: Cetaphil cleanser, apply Sodium sulfacetamide

Evening: Cetaphil cleanser, apply differin, wait 1/2 hr, apply aczone as spot treatment.

Not overally exciting w/ the results

Also Has Seb Derm and been using Oxistat in beard area in the mornings. Same, nothing special about the results

Yeah I'm a little worried about it since its so powerful...but from what I've read the dose can be lowered once it clears things up?

I will talk to my derm about it, though.

Thank you :)