Need Clear Skin For Wedding!

2 replies to this topic

#1 CrayonsNglu

CrayonsNglu

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

Hey all, I am new to this site but not new to acne. 

Since I hit puberty I have been friends with acne. The teenage acne has died down since then but now (I'm 23) I get those pesky under-the-skin bumps and sometimes cysts-especially around that time of the month. But even when its not that time, I still get them. Now in my picture you def can't tell cuz then i was on minocycline for the first time and my skin was wonderful. I am on it again and while its helping a little I still have about three inflamed under-the-skin pimples but they are not as large as they usually are. I am getting married in July and am going to see a dermatologist soon. I don't want to go on bc because I don't do well with those, and I don't want to go on accutane. If minocycline isn't working should I try a different antibiotic....or attempt accutane? I have heard bactrim is great. I need something that will clear me up in time for my wedding day! Advice?

#2 goodz19

goodz19

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:15 PM

Congrats on your wedding!

Bactrim works great for a lot of people, especially a new user like you.  I used it for approx 3 years starting 6 years ago with miraculous results.  After coming off, everything eventually came back.  Ive been back on for about a year and while it doesnt do the job it used, it still very much helps.

Please keep in mind this is a powerful antibiotic, allergies are very common, and side effects could be severe.  But this is the same w/ any drug.  Long term use of antibiotics is never a good thing, but for me, Id rather deal with whatever happens later on, later on, and keep myself sane w/ relatively clear skin.

That being said, Id recommend discussing w/ your derm a sulphur wash, Sulpha-sulfacetamide lotion as a topical (research Klaron or any generic of same), and the Bactrim.

Hope everything out well.

#3 CrayonsNglu

CrayonsNglu

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

Yeah I'm a little worried about it since its so powerful...but from what I've read the dose can be lowered once it clears things up? 

I will talk to my derm about it, though. 

Thank you :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users