Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John73

Why Didn't I Think To Cover Up Before?

4 posts in this topic

Oh - because I am a guy. I knew girls would use makeup to cover up but I never considered it for 20+ years of dealing with occasional adult acne. (one big one at a time...sometimes two). A few months ago I got some Clearasil Adult Acne Tinted Cream just to see if it would be a good alternative to BP. It really wasn't (and smells bad) but did cover up the spots - so I started using it during the day only on the spots.

The tone doesn't match my skin perfectly, and I am sure if someone got really close they could tell what was going on - but for 98% of people I socially interact with I don't think they can tell - and it sure beats having a red thing on my cheek that no one can miss. (You have to experiment with getting it to look good - it is a lot like painting).

So my advise to guys out there is that a little spot cover up (there are different types) can go a long way for your self esteem. I wish I had tried it a long time ago.

1 person likes this

good for you, nothing wrong with it at all!

there is another cream called margarite zinc cream, it's tinted one color only, I then mix it with sudocrem, which is pure white....I mix to get a color that works for me, and it's great because it is a healthy color that heals and conceals...I do this on the weekends when I'm home, so much easier to glance in the mirror.

but when I go to work I use professional makeup of course...

but good for you!

You might also consider Clinique's Clearing Concealer cream. It comes in a small tube perfect for a front pocket (guys) and a variety of shades. My wife bought it for me years ago and I never leave the house without it!

Good luck!