17 replies to this topic

#1 SanLosAng

SanLosAng

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

Hello everyone,

Some of you have seen my posts and some of you haven't.

I feel like sharing my current situation with everyone reading so I can get rid of a strong depressing feeling I currently have.

I'm 22 y/o male from Israel, suffered from acne ever since I was 15. I never agreed to Accutane until about a year ago, at which time I started taking Accutane.

I finished Accutane 8 months ago.

The only treatment I had so far for my scarring is 3D Vector Facelifting, It is performed using fillers. -- 10 weeks ago (6 months post)

http://www.radiesse....ls/three-vs.cfm

His future suggestions are to perform subcision and dermarolling (using dermapen) in February (9 months post).

He said usually it takes 2-4 sessions of subcision and dermapen to get to satisfactory.

Anyway, here are my pictures, just as I said, front-view (selfies) are good, other views: I'm a monster. (which is part of the problem I guess)

Any supporting words would be helpful.

Pictures taken on HARSH lighting (on purpose to show the scars).

IMG_4935.JPG

IMG_4458.JPG

IMG_4683.JPG

IMG_4998.JPG

IMG_4999.JPG

IMG_4453.JPG

Here's one with subtle lighting:

IMG_4461.JPG

Edited by SanLosAng, 04 March 2014 - 01:00 PM.

#2 Robertitoo

Robertitoo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:08 PM

Let me tell you something right now. And please believe me....

YES THERE'S F***ing hope for you man.

You can easily fix your scarring. Will you fix it intime for your girl? Most likely not in time.. But your scarring is a GREAT candidate for subcision and performing monthly needling procedures. Heck you can even dermaroll/pen/stamp/single at home for much of a cheaper price compared to that of doctors'...

I suggest you get subcision done with fillers & suctioning while taking aspirin a week before...ask if you can do it ASAP (Like in a week).

..to be continued. Gotta run to store

Edited by Robertitoo, 17 January 2014 - 09:15 PM.

#3 SanLosAng

SanLosAng

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

I can't do it ASAP because my dermatologist suggested that we wait 9 months post-Accutane before doing subcision.

I don't think I'll be taking aspirin... my dermatologist didn't vote for it. He also said suctioning seems like a recent shtick, but I'm gonna try it anyway since it appears to have very little risk.

Fillers, Personally, I don't think he'll inject any more fillers into my face... the vector lift was more than enough of fillers (I think).

Should I go for needling and subcision at the same treatment? (it costs about 700$ per session of both).

What improvement can I expect? can I even expect improvement at all?

I know I won't be able to fix it before she sees me, I'm so terrified about meeting her sad.png, really am.

And what does it even mean that I wont be able to fix it before she sees me??

I mean, don't I deserve to live normally before I fix my scars (It's not like I'm not working on it)???

Isn't that supposed to be like a "side" process to my life? (Not taking over them like they are now)

I mean even if there is hope about fixing my scarring and it will take a year or two, if I cant live during that time, well then what value do I have in it? Counting the hours of an entire year (not able to do anything during that time) is not something I can live with.

Edited by SanLosAng, 18 January 2014 - 07:42 AM.

#4 CWR24

CWR24

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me
  • Interests:Not acne

Achievements

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

Hey man I dont know much about scar treatment but I just wanted to say your skin looks great right now. I remember your pre accutane post. Im sure that girl has seen your scars already and Im almost 100 percent sure she doesnt care. Youre stuck in your own head about silly things (which I can relate to because I do the same thing) but dont let those scars keep you from this girl, youll regret it for the rest of your life. Im sure she has something shes insecure about too. I know a few people that have had scars like yours. Theres a bunch of treatments out there that will get rid of that pretty easily Im just not to familiar with them.

Absorica Aug 2013 -Feb2014

Claravis March 211 - July 2011

#5 LeadingForce

LeadingForce

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

just get subcision and fillers

dermaroller/stamp you can buy online for like 10-20 bucks and do it yourself

#6 koons0789

koons0789

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:32 AM

Omg ure crazy if u think that scar will push your girl away. The only thing that will turn her off is your insecurity. If you act confident around her, she wouldnt even notice it. Dont talk about it that much to her, or else shes just gonna analyze and search for your scars lol.
That being said, ur face looks fine. Seriously!

#7 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:56 AM

Go for subcision and needling at the same time if you have money. Later look into fat grafting. Also for the time being u can use a bb cream to cover up the scars.

#8 scartagnan

scartagnan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:25 AM

LOL you really do look like Justin Timberlake!

If I were in your position, what I would do is send her one of those photos you posted above. The one that shows your scars the worst.

And then just tell her "Look, these are my scars. I wanted to show you now because I really like you but I'm worried about what you'll think when you see them. I'm going to try to get them treated in the future but until then I need to know you can accept me with them."

You can't spend your life trying to hide. The sooner you get it out in the open the better.

And then if she says it's ok, you must never bring it up again. Accept that she accepts you. Be brave and trust her to be a good enough person to look past that. Unhappiness is contagious, you cannot let yourself be miserable around her.

And if she says it's not ok, then she isn't the right girl for you. That's a bummer, but at least you've found out and can stop torturing yourself worrying about it.

You're a great looking guy even with some scars. You've got a great smile. Be happy around her. Be a good guy. Make her happy and she'll stop even noticing the scars. 

That's what I'd do anyway. I can't say it's the right approach for you. But whatever you do, you have to stop beating yourself up. Telling her not to come because you're scared what she might think is definitely not the right thing to do.

#9 LeadingForce

LeadingForce

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

LOL you really do look like Justin Timberlake!

If I were in your position, what I would do is send her one of those photos you posted above. The one that shows your scars the worst.

And then just tell her "Look, these are my scars. I wanted to show you now because I really like you but I'm worried about what you'll think when you see them. I'm going to try to get them treated in the future but until then I need to know you can accept me with them."

You can't spend your life trying to hide. The sooner you get it out in the open the better.

And then if she says it's ok, you must never bring it up again. Accept that she accepts you. Be brave and trust her to be a good enough person to look past that. Unhappiness is contagious, you cannot let yourself be miserable around her.

And if she says it's not ok, then she isn't the right girl for you. That's a bummer, but at least you've found out and can stop torturing yourself worrying about it.

You're a great looking guy even with some scars. You've got a great smile. Be happy around her. Be a good guy. Make her happy and she'll stop even noticing the scars. 

That's what I'd do anyway. I can't say it's the right approach for you. But whatever you do, you have to stop beating yourself up. Telling her not to come because you're scared what she might think is definitely not the right thing to do.

sending your pictures of your scar and asking her opinion is the worst thing you can do

your front face has no scars and thats good

bring her to a party or ask her to hangout and act normal and have confidence is the best thing around girls

Edited by LeadingForce, 18 January 2014 - 01:59 PM.

#10 CJ13

CJ13

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

Hey man, yes, there is hope. Your scarring is likely much worse in your own mind than it actually is. Your scarring looks fairly shallow and there are treatments that will likely improve things significantly. I recently underwent my first round of dermapen treatment and I'd say I have about 20% improvement, and it gives me hope that with more treatments I can get much more. 

And I agree with those who say not to send pictures to the girl and make it such an issue. It's understandable that you struggle with your scarring, but to obsess over it is the worst thing you can do. Be happy and confident that this girl has spent time with you and wants to see you again. She likely either doesn't think your scarring is that bad or she just doesn't care. You're a young guy with your best years ahead. Pursue options to improve your scars and in the meantime learn to be ok with some level of imperfection in your life. 

#11 LuckyDory

LuckyDory

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

Yes there is hope for you. It wont be "easy" like a lot of these posts state and there is no 100% improvement either although I have seen some that damn near come close. At this point, I have learned that it will take a multi treatment approach to get rid of acne scars, Im looking at dermarolling and dermastamping, as well as some TCA CROSS and micro silicon injections. The injections are somewhat special though as this man specializes in this technique and is very confident about it. There is also subsicion and lastly the lasers to smooth everything over. I don't believe the lasers do much for helping the intentions raise, but I think they come in handy at the very end of the treatments to add that extra little collagen production. Other that that, you have excisions but I would reserve that for those with a few scars only, it would not seem logical to cut out 30 scars on your face but hey I have seen that too. I do understand the mindset you are in though because I feel a lot of the very same things that you have stated. I lost a VERY close girl to the depression from some acne scarring and the thought of how everything would be if it didn't happen and I wasn't scarred kills me everyday. Still, I somehow keep going forward with some online testimonials that I can get my scarring improved and go back to formal functionality. I think it will take 1-2 years to get them optimally where I want them but for that whole time I have to look at them everyday and see them all red and what not after procedures for 2 years seems impossible to do but I have no other option. If I have to sail to the North Pole by myself to get them fixed then fuck it, i guess I have a long journey ahead. I used to want to fix them for everyone else, but then i was like fuck that, I'm doing this for me. 

#12 SanLosAng

SanLosAng

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

Well guys, 

5 days ago I had subcision and needling (using dermapen) performed by Prof. Nelson Novick.

I've been suctioning ever since day 3 using face cuppings. (similar to this: http://www.cuppingth...g/images/BZ.jpg)

I don't really have swelling (I think), I had it in the first couple of days, but what I mainly have now, most probably due to the suctioning is really really red color over my scars. 

I wondered if I should stop suctioning to let the skin heal or something.

Also, I'm not even sure if the subcision helped... but I guess it's too early to tell.

Pics:

IMG_5649.JPG

IMG_5651.JPG

IMG_5652.JPG

IMG_5653.JPG

IMG_5654.JPG

#13 BioNeedle

BioNeedle

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

Looks like there is improvement, but the pictures are all out of focus? Any chance you could post one or two that are in better focus?

#14 Michelle Reece

Michelle Reece

Skin care fanatic and scientific stickler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, playing video games and bird watching.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:06 PM

Stop with the cupping! There's no good evidence that cupping helps! Also, any redness might get worse if you have rosacea and/or don't use sunscreen!

#15 mrsrobinson

mrsrobinson

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

you have to have more than one round of subscision and suctioning does help, read up on the owndoc.com forum, or search the posts by MrMatt on this site, he is THE EXPERT here about subscision and he's done suctioning....stick to pusblished articles (there is a study posted on the owndoc site) or people that have actually had the procedures done, those are the only opinions that matter

good luck to you, there is HOPE- I've done rounds of fraxel and most recently I've been doing individual scar dermastamping, progress is slow but steady....

#16 sts54

sts54

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

There's a post from CrispyCraters under the scar section.  Hit "scar" at the top of this page and look for the post that says  Heres the Protocol that healed my scars.  I was just ordering the vities he said he takes along with needling.  Also copper peptides & msm after rolling.  I had 7 fraxel treatments, smoothbeam, perfecta, affirm & peels. I had gotten Erbium laser resurfacing done that gave me a ton of scars along with a dent from fat loss. Needling works just as good without the side effects that can happen. Your cute so don't fret. Try needling, see if you can do it now after being on Accutane. You can at least try the vities 

#17 Shelbyville

Shelbyville

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:07 PM

Hi SanLosAng,

I'm not an expert but I agree with sts54. You are in a critical phase, the healing phase. Your improvement will greatly depend on the way your body heals itself so I advise you to get some vitamins to help this process.

Read this thread:

Here's The Protocol That Healed My Acne Scars - Scar / red mark treatments - Forums

You should consider a multivataminic with special focus on:

Vitamin C, Zinc, Threonine, Lysine and L-Phenylalanine. 

35 mg of Zinc is enough; at least 1000 mg of the rest

Hope I helped and good luck in your journey,

Shelbyville

#18 blahblah82

blahblah82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:42 PM

The pictures are indeed blurry, and it is too soon after subcision to tell what's what with all the swelling. But, I do see some improvement.  

I am familiar with this dermatologist.  He posts on Realself.com quite often, and he seems very knowledgable about acne scarring.  I think  you are under good care.  

I think the procedures you have done so far are appropriate for your scars, which are mainly rolling scars.  I do not see any ice pick scarring, which is the hardest to improve.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users