scarring scars acne cystic dermarolling needling tca diet health sucess

161 replies to this topic

#161 Factoid

Factoid

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 August 2015 - 11:14 AM

What gave you that idea? Scar tissue is made of protein, so only a protease could theoretically dissolve it.

Well, dissolve isn't the right word. You don't want a hole in your face. But vitamin E will indeed help soften and renew the scared skin and accelrate heaing along with needling.

Protease doesn't work like an acid, there wouldn't be any holes, the lysed (broken down) scar-tissue proteins would conceivably be replaced with normal, healthy collagen fibers. In theory, at least.

And Vitamin A is a much better topical than Vitamin E for that sort of thing, one of last year's combination therapy studies mentioned how it also helps scarred skin grow back less scarred due to the way it affects collagen weaving.

Yes sorry Factoid, I meant soften not dissolve. Does that mean using ACV & pineapple topically would help with scars? I know both have lots of enzymes maybe applying them topically would help. 

http://healyourselfa...ic_enzymes.aspx

Raised linear scars? Possibly. Atrophic acne scars? Nope, simply "softening" scar-tissue isn't going to fill in an atrophic scar, you need to induce trauma to get that going. TCA does both, it will dissolve scar-tissue AND initiate some serious collagenesis.

#162 Meoww

Meoww

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 August 2015 - 08:59 AM

What gave you that idea? Scar tissue is made of protein, so only a protease could theoretically dissolve it.

Well, dissolve isn't the right word. You don't want a hole in your face. But vitamin E will indeed help soften and renew the scared skin and accelrate heaing along with needling.

Protease doesn't work like an acid, there wouldn't be any holes, the lysed (broken down) scar-tissue proteins would conceivably be replaced with normal, healthy collagen fibers. In theory, at least.

And Vitamin A is a much better topical than Vitamin E for that sort of thing, one of last year's combination therapy studies mentioned how it also helps scarred skin grow back less scarred due to the way it affects collagen weaving.

>Yes sorry Factoid, I meant soften not dissolve. Does that mean using ACV & pineapple topically would help with scars? I know both have lots of enzymes maybe applying them topically would help. 

http://healyourselfa...ic_enzymes.aspx

Raised linear scars? Possibly. Atrophic acne scars? Nope, simply "softening" scar-tissue isn't going to fill in an atrophic scar, you need to induce trauma to get that going. TCA does both, it will dissolve scar-tissue AND initiate some serious collagenesis.

Okay that's good to know! thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users