#141 DC-girl

DC-girl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:38 PM

Omg thanks for all the work you've put into this thread, DC-girl ) Highly appreciated!!! If you're ever in Tokyo ping me I'll treat you to a good dinner for all the info ;-))

Okay, thanks!

1) You're not using any serums/creams with vit C? Only that A&D ointment and vit E? How are you stimulating collagen after you stamp?,

No, I am not using any other creams. There is no need to "stimulate collagen" with creams. That's what your body does when it's needed, if it's given enough calories and protein from the right sources. You can do massage though. That will bring blood flow to the area and you can also try to manually help break up scar tissue with rolling the skin together between your fingers. 

2) when stamping/needling are you cleansing your face with anything to get rid of the blood?

Soap and water.

3) I'm guessing you did stamp your face pretty hard - did you go to work afterwards? how long does the redness/blood marks stay? I guess this has to depend on the intensity with which you do it?

The redness depend on how hard you go and how healthy you are. Sometimes days, sometimes many weeks. 

4) You mentioned dr. Peat's diet - are you following it rigorously or are you just using it as guidelines? I'm kind of sceptical when it comes to dairy and excess sugar as I noticed it does break me out (and not only me) so I'm curious ) Also don't you have problems with excess weight loss? I'm currently trying out paleo and because I had to ditch all the grains I'm getting skinnier and skinnier ;-)

I'm following it pretty rigorously because I ruined my hormones by not eating any sugar for a year or so when I was on Paleo. 

I used to think dairy and sugar broke me out too, but it was all the other things I was eating it that were the cause, not those. 

I eat them both daily now. 

And you won't get too skinny as long as you eat. You just have to eat enough of the right foods. 

You're on the right track skipping grains though. 

5) Have you tried any other cleansers (like a combo of raw cocnut oil+hone+tree oil+some probiotics) or are you sticking to pure honey and/or pure coconut oil? Do you use anything to moisturise your skin? Any masks? Basically are you using anything besides hone/oil?

6) have you tried any other procedures like lasers/radiofrequency needling (like infini by lutronic)?

5) Tee tree oil is too harsh and drying for me. I also believe it's estrogenic. 

Honey is perfection. And it's also the best thing to use to heal your skin after peels and needling. 

The sugar in it helps generate Co2, which speeds healing. Plus it cleans and softens your skin. 

I don't use moisturizers, except sometimes a rosewater/glycerin spray. 

6) No. 

Edited by DC-girl, 06 January 2015 - 03:54 PM.

#142 poreoldme

poreoldme

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:11 PM

Has anybody by any chance had luck with scarred pores on nose? I have a dermaroller but understand this isn't a good thing for the nose?

#143 DC-girl

DC-girl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:15 PM

Has anybody by any chance had luck with scarred pores on nose? I have a dermaroller but understand this isn't a good thing for the nose?

You can single needle it. Scar tissue is scar tissue, no matter how big or small. 

Break it up and create blood flow to the area so that new tissue can be created. 

Edited by DC-girl, 06 January 2015 - 04:15 PM.

#144 ToTheMoonAndBack

ToTheMoonAndBack

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:10 PM

You can single needle it. Scar tissue is scar tissue, no matter how big or small. 

Break it up and create blood flow to the area so that new tissue can be created. 

How did you manage to cover the redness from more aggressive microneedling? What percentage were you able to camouflage if it was to last week's instead of days?
Thanks for the thread and following up with everyone's questions :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users