#141 DC-girl

DC-girl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:38 PM

Omg thanks for all the work you've put into this thread, DC-girl ) Highly appreciated!!! If you're ever in Tokyo ping me I'll treat you to a good dinner for all the info ;-))

Okay, thanks!

1) You're not using any serums/creams with vit C? Only that A&D ointment and vit E? How are you stimulating collagen after you stamp?,

No, I am not using any other creams. There is no need to "stimulate collagen" with creams. That's what your body does when it's needed, if it's given enough calories and protein from the right sources. You can do massage though. That will bring blood flow to the area and you can also try to manually help break up scar tissue with rolling the skin together between your fingers. 

2) when stamping/needling are you cleansing your face with anything to get rid of the blood?

Soap and water.

3) I'm guessing you did stamp your face pretty hard - did you go to work afterwards? how long does the redness/blood marks stay? I guess this has to depend on the intensity with which you do it?

The redness depend on how hard you go and how healthy you are. Sometimes days, sometimes many weeks. 

4) You mentioned dr. Peat's diet - are you following it rigorously or are you just using it as guidelines? I'm kind of sceptical when it comes to dairy and excess sugar as I noticed it does break me out (and not only me) so I'm curious ) Also don't you have problems with excess weight loss? I'm currently trying out paleo and because I had to ditch all the grains I'm getting skinnier and skinnier ;-)

I'm following it pretty rigorously because I ruined my hormones by not eating any sugar for a year or so when I was on Paleo. 

I used to think dairy and sugar broke me out too, but it was all the other things I was eating it that were the cause, not those. 

I eat them both daily now. 

And you won't get too skinny as long as you eat. You just have to eat enough of the right foods. 

You're on the right track skipping grains though. 

5) Have you tried any other cleansers (like a combo of raw cocnut oil+hone+tree oil+some probiotics) or are you sticking to pure honey and/or pure coconut oil? Do you use anything to moisturise your skin? Any masks? Basically are you using anything besides hone/oil?

6) have you tried any other procedures like lasers/radiofrequency needling (like infini by lutronic)?

5) Tee tree oil is too harsh and drying for me. I also believe it's estrogenic. 

Honey is perfection. And it's also the best thing to use to heal your skin after peels and needling. 

The sugar in it helps generate Co2, which speeds healing. Plus it cleans and softens your skin. 

I don't use moisturizers, except sometimes a rosewater/glycerin spray. 

6) No. 

Edited by DC-girl, 06 January 2015 - 03:54 PM.

#142 poreoldme

poreoldme

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:11 PM

Has anybody by any chance had luck with scarred pores on nose? I have a dermaroller but understand this isn't a good thing for the nose?

#143 DC-girl

DC-girl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:15 PM

Has anybody by any chance had luck with scarred pores on nose? I have a dermaroller but understand this isn't a good thing for the nose?

You can single needle it. Scar tissue is scar tissue, no matter how big or small. 

Break it up and create blood flow to the area so that new tissue can be created. 

Edited by DC-girl, 06 January 2015 - 04:15 PM.

#144 ToTheMoonAndBack

ToTheMoonAndBack

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:10 PM

You can single needle it. Scar tissue is scar tissue, no matter how big or small. 

Break it up and create blood flow to the area so that new tissue can be created. 

How did you manage to cover the redness from more aggressive microneedling? What percentage were you able to camouflage if it was to last week's instead of days?
Thanks for the thread and following up with everyone's questions :)

#145 tavius

tavius

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:42 AM

Hi,

Has anyone seen any positive results from needling scars located in the temple areas? From what I've heard scarring on the temples tend not to respond particularly well to needling, perhaps because the skin in those areas is thinner. 

#146 leoy

leoy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:48 AM

thanks for sharing,it's really an amazing improvement i can see from ur pics,and i wonder if TCA can treat on little pore scars,also u meant that u did derma-stamping right pointing at little pore scars and it worked a lot,right?u think the derma-stamping is the best way to treat on little pore scars?

look forward to your reply,thanks.

#147 DC-girl

DC-girl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:21 AM

thanks for sharing,it's really an amazing improvement i can see from ur pics,and i wonder if TCA can treat on little pore scars,also u meant that u did derma-stamping right pointing at little pore scars and it worked a lot,right?u think the derma-stamping is the best way to treat on little pore scars?

Yes, tca can help those, but I think single needling them real well, is the safest, easiest bet for scarred pores or ice picks.

Hi,

Has anyone seen any positive results from needling scars located in the temple areas? From what I've heard scarring on the temples tend not to respond particularly well to needling, perhaps because the skin in those areas is thinner. 

Yes, I have. Scar tissue is scar tissue no matter where it is. It needs and responds to the same treatment as other places. It can be a painful spot, so I recommend single needling and lifting and pinching the skin so that you don't push into your head too far.

Single needle is the best thing for that. Push into it from the sides and underneath. You need to break up the walls of the pore, to create new blood blow and tissue. But it really should only take seconds and be a minor thing when you're only doing pores.

How did you manage to cover the redness from more aggressive microneedling? What percentage were you able to camouflage if it was to last week's instead of days?
Thanks for the thread and following up with everyone's questions smile.png

Redness is pretty easy to cover with makeup. Bruising isn't. Can't really cover that and that can take a good 10 days to two weeks to clear up.

#148 lswuk3432

lswuk3432

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:31 PM

I'm gonna try a dermapen for my mixed type of acne scars, rather deep. Do you have any information on how to use it like for how long should i operate on my face ? And which needle is appropriate for me ?

Edited by lswuk3432, 09 February 2015 - 06:32 PM.

#149 nydude

nydude

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:41 AM

DC-Girl thank you for sharing this great and hopeful testimonial. I'm wondering if TC Crossing can work for a middle aged man? I know that older people do not produce as much collagen as when they were young. I don't know if you spoke of this or not, but did you do the TCA Crossing and Derma Stamping at home or with a professional?

Thanks

#150 leoy

leoy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:31 AM

Yes, tca can help those, but I think single needling them real well, is the safest, easiest bet for scarred pores or ice picks.

thanks a lot,but i'm sorry i havent known much about single needling,is "single needling" a technical word as a kind of treatment?u did it at clinic or home for little pores scars?

#151 maria11

maria11

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:59 AM

DCgirl, thank you soooo much for sharing your experience.

I was wondering if you tried the TCA + dermastamp on hypertrophic scars? I have some of those raised scars too

Thanks alot

#152 Roach25

Roach25

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:42 AM

DCgirl, thank you soooo much for sharing your experience.

I was wondering if you tried the TCA + dermastamp on hypertrophic scars? I have some of those raised scars too

Thanks alot

I've tried it. I can say it works. 

owndoc.com says:

Perform three times a week:

- Needle the hypertrophic scar superficially with our single needle (thin scars) or a 1.5 mm dermastamp (wide scars)

- After needling, perform pressure massage. Apply pressure with your fingers onto the scar spot by spot. Apply pressure to each spot quite strongly   for about 20 seconds.

Repeat the pressure massage daily (but only three times a week in combination with needling).

On thick/tough hypertrophic scars, apply wart remover once a week (for sale OTC, usually contains salicylic acid and lactic acid).  Apply without needling.

-Every three weeks, needle or stamp the scar densely and deeply to crush the scar collagen. 

Why needling helps hypertrophic scars:

Scar tissue, whether raised, flat or indented is abundant in collagen but the scar collagen is thick and typically woven in a different pattern than in the normal skin. 

Scar tissue isn't really different from normal skin, however the thickness and patterns of the fibers are different. 

Crushing the scar tissue will crush the scar pattern of the fibers and the body will often remodel the scar into a better looking, softer scar.

Our body does not fix something that is not "broken". Scar tissue is just a cosmetic problem, it is not perceived as "broken" by our body. Needling or dermarolling is a trick to make the body remodel the scar. Making tiny pricks is not enough to cause a scar but it is enough for the body to see needled/rolled skin as "broken" and trigger healing processes. Unfortunately, our body usually does not bother replacing the scar tissue completely with normal skin - especially when the scar is deep - but it often replaces it with a mixture of scar and normal tissue, producing a better looking scar.

Needling/dermarolling triggers healing processes and the body tends to heal the area in a way, at least partially, as it normally should be. Indented scars fill in and raised scars flatten. It does not work in 100% of cases but in many cases it works.

Whatever you use, always make a test patch first to see how it heals. 

When we get an injury that is serious, the body will quickly fix it with scar tissue to prevent an infection etc. The scar "glues" the skin together. 

Needling or dermarolling does not produce scar tissue. When you needle or roll normal skin, it will heal as normal skin.

When you needle or roll a scar, it will often improve the scar but unfortunately, as I said, the body "refuses" to completely replace deep scars with normal tissue. Evolution apparently did not deem it necessary. So far, nothing exists that can completely remove a deep scar.

You should not needle or roll keloid scars. It could make them grow larger.

Edited by Roach25, 18 February 2015 - 08:45 AM.

#153 Roach25

Roach25

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:22 PM

Guys, I tried to apply celandine for warts on my hypertrophic scars. I don't know what about US, but in Kazakhstan it's often used. Dammit, it was so strong. It seems I got 70% of TCA. Or something like that. When it stopped burn my scars I saw a little bleeding. Now they're orange-red. So I fucked up... =\
But they're almost flat. I apply bepanthen every hour. Just be careful if you're ever gonna do it on your hypertrophics.

Also I'm gonna do TCA 30% spot treatment tomorrow. 

Edited by Roach25, 23 February 2015 - 11:22 AM.

#154 leoy

leoy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:28 AM

thanks a lot,but i'm sorry i havent known much about single needling,is "single needling" a technical word as a kind of treatment?u did it at clinic or home for little pores scars?

#155 tavius

tavius

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:02 AM

Hi, thanks for the advice. Sorry if this has already been asked before but where do you get your derma needles and stamps from? Also, do you think a needle length of 1mm is enough to be effective? Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users