scarring scars acne cystic dermarolling needling tca diet health sucess

133 replies to this topic

#41 aurevoir771

aurevoir771

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

Thanks for your response. When you say beef tallow.... you mean the eating stuff? Am I missing something here? I am so confused... ;(

#42 DC-girl

DC-girl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:06 AM

Thanks for your response. When you say beef tallow.... you mean the eating stuff? Am I missing something here? I am so confused... ;(

Yep. I get mine at an Etsy store, and they have plain beef tallow there but you can also get specific kinds like citrus, coconut, etc if you don't like it plain.

It's just like a body balm or face cream you'd get in a store, it comes in a different scents.

It's not that confusing if you think about it, lots of people on here go all natural and put food on their face; olive oil, lemon juice, turmeric, etc, Haha, it's really not that different. ;)

Edited by DC-girl, 21 January 2014 - 01:09 AM.

#43 Robertitoo

Robertitoo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:00 AM

Hey, I have two more questions for ya.

1. You said you love using oils. Which oil did you find most effective? I have used bio oil, emu oil and argan oil so far. I had some reaction to bio oil, but not so much for the other two. I am currently using argan oil because I think it helps me soothe my skin. If you have any recommendation, please feel free to comment on it.

2. You mentioned you have used all sizes of needles. Is there any reason why you would go for longer ones? I know longer one penetrates deeper into dermis region, but the down time is longer and there are potential "scratch" issue. Did you mainly use the stamp to get rid of deeper scars?

Your response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1. I would not use Bio oil, pretty sure that has mineral oil in it; bad stuff. I actually use coconut oil, not a ton of it but I make sure my face is never dry and I never buy store bought moisturizers. It's good stuff but can be greasy. Rosewater spray with glycerin is good too, glycerin helps your skin retain it's own moisture. I like the A&D ointment from owndoc for an occlusive ointment and my new favorite thing is grass fed beef tallow. It's packed full of nutrients and healthy fat for the skin to nourish it. It feels so rich and luxurious, like your putting frosting on your skin, it's just really creamy and awesome.  I've also read other reports of beef tallow improving people's scars.

2. According to Dr. Fernandes you DO need longer for deeper scars. He uses 1mm but says sometimes you need 3mm for deep scars. The "scratch" issue has nothing to do with length but more to do with the "paint" or "star" pattern.  I know I said above I thought 3mm might be too long but the more I put some attention on that memory I remember that guy just rolling all over my face in a starfish pattern, like crazy, like painting a wall. And that's the wrong way. So, I don't think it was the length that made the scratch.

Just roll in straight lines and pick up the roller and press down again. Always lift it off the skin after each pass and you'll be fine.

I've never used more than a 1.5 or 2mm on myself at home.  But I really don't think you're gonna do any harm even with a 3mm if you roll right.

Or you can keep it easy and just use a stamp/single needle, then you won't even have that issue.  Here Dr Fernandes talks a bit about needle length: 

http://www.a2magazin...n-needling.html

But to answer your question, yes I mainly use a stamp, I like it much better than rolling.

Always lift after each pass :o?

#44 fleurverte

fleurverte

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:11 AM

Great job!! Really something to look forward to do.

Edited by fleurverte, 21 January 2014 - 11:14 AM.

#45 DC-girl

DC-girl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:20 AM

Hey, I have two more questions for ya.

1. You said you love using oils. Which oil did you find most effective? I have used bio oil, emu oil and argan oil so far. I had some reaction to bio oil, but not so much for the other two. I am currently using argan oil because I think it helps me soothe my skin. If you have any recommendation, please feel free to comment on it.

2. You mentioned you have used all sizes of needles. Is there any reason why you would go for longer ones? I know longer one penetrates deeper into dermis region, but the down time is longer and there are potential "scratch" issue. Did you mainly use the stamp to get rid of deeper scars?

Your response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1. I would not use Bio oil, pretty sure that has mineral oil in it; bad stuff. I actually use coconut oil, not a ton of it but I make sure my face is never dry and I never buy store bought moisturizers. It's good stuff but can be greasy. Rosewater spray with glycerin is good too, glycerin helps your skin retain it's own moisture. I like the A&D ointment from owndoc for an occlusive ointment and my new favorite thing is grass fed beef tallow. It's packed full of nutrients and healthy fat for the skin to nourish it. It feels so rich and luxurious, like your putting frosting on your skin, it's just really creamy and awesome.  I've also read other reports of beef tallow improving people's scars.

2. According to Dr. Fernandes you DO need longer for deeper scars. He uses 1mm but says sometimes you need 3mm for deep scars. The "scratch" issue has nothing to do with length but more to do with the "paint" or "star" pattern.  I know I said above I thought 3mm might be too long but the more I put some attention on that memory I remember that guy just rolling all over my face in a starfish pattern, like crazy, like painting a wall. And that's the wrong way. So, I don't think it was the length that made the scratch.

Just roll in straight lines and pick up the roller and press down again. Always lift it off the skin after each pass and you'll be fine.

I've never used more than a 1.5 or 2mm on myself at home.  But I really don't think you're gonna do any harm even with a 3mm if you roll right.

Or you can keep it easy and just use a stamp/single needle, then you won't even have that issue.  Here Dr Fernandes talks a bit about needle length: 

http://www.a2magazin...n-needling.html

But to answer your question, yes I mainly use a stamp, I like it much better than rolling.

Always lift after each pass gasp.gif?

Yes, place the roller on your skin, press down, roll in a straight line, then LIFT up and reposition 1 row of needles over.

As in, DON'T roll and swerve in the starfish pattern like you're painting a wall.

Better yet, just use a stamp and/or single needle and skip all that, haha

#46 rachyon

rachyon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:38 AM

Thank you DC-girl for so much information!

I have the same type of scarring as yours. And I am really interested in micro-droplet that you've mentioned. You said the improvement is about 30%? I am still debating between micro-droplet and subcision. Have you look into subcision? Thanks in advance!

Gain acne, lose disease. YAY!!!

#47 DC-girl

DC-girl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:39 AM

Thank you DC-girl for so much information!

I have the same type of scarring as yours. And I am really interested in micro-droplet that you've mentioned. You said the improvement is about 30%? I am still debating between micro-droplet and subcision. Have you look into subcision? Thanks in advance!

Yeah, I'd say about 30%. Of course you can get multiple treatments so I'm sure it's possible to get a lot more improvement than that from silicone. Yes, I looked into subcision but I felt that I could do some aggressive needling and get near to the same results myself, so I did that. Also, I couldn't find anyone that I felt I could trust enough to do that to my face. 

You can also get HA filler if you have a big occasion coming up or something; it's more natural and even though it's not permanent like silicone it might help you decide if that's the route you want to go. You want to be careful with both silicone and subcision because they're gonna have permanent consequences (hopefully good ones). So make sure you do your research and trust whomever is doing it. Ask lots of questions, see before/afters, make sure they use the same lighting in their pics, etc.

#48 Sirius Lee

Sirius Lee

Slurper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:49 PM

You want to be careful with both silicone and subcision because they're gonna have permanent consequences (hopefully good ones). So make sure you do your research and trust whomever is doing it.

I've heard of countless horror stories about silicone injections but no disastrous fallout yet from subcision gone terribly wrong. With subcision, you're basically breaking up the tethered scar tissues so I can't think of any major risk other than possible infection.

There is no life without water. Use it to your advantage.

#49 michi31

michi31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

You want to be careful with both silicone and subcision because they're gonna have permanent consequences (hopefully good ones). So make sure you do your research and trust whomever is doing it.

I've heard of countless horror stories about silicone injections but no disastrous fallout yet from subcision gone terribly wrong. With subcision, you're basically breaking up the tethered scar tissues so I can't think of any major risk other than possible infection.

Just curious where you have seen silicone horror stories, as I have not seen any? I had subcision and it did leave hardened scar tissue that looks bumpy. So there is that consideration.

#50 Sirius Lee

Sirius Lee

Slurper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

Just curious where you have seen silicone horror stories, as I have not seen any? I had subcision and it did leave hardened scar tissue that looks bumpy. So there is that consideration.

Well, you need not look very far. Just head over to RealSelf website and you'll find many disgruntled souls with disfigurement from the fallout of silicone injection:

http://www.realself....ections/reviews

Please note that these are the opinions of others and do not reflect that of my own. In the previous post, I was merely pointing out that subcision carries a lower risk of possible complication than silicone injection.

#51 LeadingForce

LeadingForce

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

sometime you can get a scar from subcision from the needle thats what i heard

#52 Sirius Lee

Sirius Lee

Slurper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

So what's worse? The preexisting crater or the needle mark? I'll leave that for you to judge. :)

#53 DC-girl

DC-girl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:36 PM

sometime you can get a scar from subcision from the needle thats what i heard

Yep, you could. I remember watching a video of subcision and after seeing how careless they seem to be with the skin I decided I'd rather needle them myself.  You can get great results with home needling even if you have huge scars.

Check this thread out.

http://www.acne.org/...y-bad-and-ugly/

Edited by DC-girl, 23 January 2014 - 09:37 PM.

#54 Sirius Lee

Sirius Lee

Slurper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:35 AM

Speaking of which, that dude only required 3 months to fill his craters! I don't know about you, but having lived with scars forever, that is just obnoxious. Lol

But, regretfully, the guy omitted much needed details about how he was able to plump the holes up so quickly. He just vanished into thin air. Like there aren't other people who couldn't benefit from his knowledge, ggrrr!!

#55 DC-girl

DC-girl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:31 AM

Speaking of which, that dude only required 3 months to fill his craters! I don't know about you, but having lived with scars forever, that is just obnoxious. Lol

But, regretfully, the guy omitted much needed details about how he was able to plump the holes up so quickly. He just vanished into thin air. Like there aren't other people who couldn't benefit from his knowledge, ggrrr!!

LOL, dude, I just re-read that thread. He describes in detail what he did. Just re-read it. ;)

Edited by DC-girl, 24 January 2014 - 09:38 AM.

#56 Sirius Lee

Sirius Lee

Slurper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

LOL, dude, I just re-read that thread. He describes in detail what he did. Just re-read it. wink.png

Actually, I've been following that thread for some time with keen interest. How could I not? Never had I seen such a quick fix of such a massive crater, EVER!

But, OMG, the dude hashes out only three posts in total. In the last post, he does dole out some useful info but those are already widely covered elsewhere like on the OwnDoc forum, or too damn general to be of any use. Nowhere does he give any specific pointers like how often he poked in the earlier stage and for how long of a duration or how deep he inserted the needle to reach under the scar. Moreover, did he use or consume anything else to help speed up the healing process? Nowhere to be found. Nothing, nada, zip.

Be that as it may, it ain't like I'm not grateful for his contribution, however scant it might be. But he kinda left us hanging by the thread to figure things out for ourselves. That I find a bit insensitive, considering that there are some desperate people out there who could use some help. Anyway, my useless 2-cents.

#57 LeadingForce

LeadingForce

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

LOL, dude, I just re-read that thread. He describes in detail what he did. Just re-read it. wink.png

Actually, I've been following that thread for some time with keen interest. How could I not? Never had I seen such a quick fix of such a massive crater, EVER!

But, OMG, the dude hashes out only three posts in total. In the last post, he does dole out some useful info but those are already widely covered elsewhere like on the OwnDoc forum, or too damn general to be of any use. Nowhere does he give any specific pointers like how often he poked in the earlier stage and for how long of a duration or how deep he inserted the needle to reach under the scar. Moreover, did he use or consume anything else to help speed up the healing process? Nowhere to be found. Nothing, nada, zip.

Be that as it may, it ain't like I'm not grateful for his contribution, however scant it might be. But he kinda left us hanging by the thread to figure things out for ourselves. That I find a bit insensitive, considering that there are some desperate people out there who could use some help. Anyway, my useless 2-cents.

he did self subcision , even though he got amazing results i wouldnt do it myself because it should be done by a professial alot of problems can occur if you dont know what you are doing

#58 Robertitoo

Robertitoo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.” 
― Ralph Waldo Emerson

#59 Sirius Lee

Sirius Lee

Slurper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:58 PM

Amen, bro. You seem to have read my mind perfectly.

#60 Bellerophon

Bellerophon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:57 AM

Nice results. Congrats! You must be really happy.

How did you get rid of those rolling ones? I've had nice results too but can't seem to get rid of the last rolling scars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users